Some localization missteps on a screenshot already

alt text

Summary could be worded better as: Suppression: DOLL Unit Commander

The Reward icons need to be spaced from the amounts:

alt text

"Fail Conditions" has an extra dot to the left of it for some reason.

The sentence

Based on past data, we expect Pettas Vera, the Command DOLLS unit, to be there.

Should be

Based on past data, we expect Pettas Vera, the Commanding DOLL unit, to be there.

The spacing on the two buttons at the bottom has too much space above the text:

alt text

well is the beta, that kind of thing is to be expected to see during beta periods.

If this isn't the biggest complaint reach I've ever seen.....we get bothered over spacing now.

@Zeara he is not complaining he is pointing out an issue that during beta periods is something that everyone involved need to do so expect more of those when the beta starts.

@Zeara said in Some localization missteps on a screenshot already:

If this isn't the biggest complaint reach I've ever seen.....we get bothered over spacing now.

It looks unprofessional and ugly. It's like right now in PSO2 how every single enemy with a title has their prefix without a space and it looks "LikeThis", not the end of the world but a definite lack of care is shown to me there that could be cleaned up.

@coldreactive said in Some localization missteps on a screenshot already:

The sentence

Should be

Based on past data, we expect Pettas Vera, the Commanding DOLL unit, to be there.

I would say there's an argument to be made for using "Command DOLLS unit" instead of your suggested "Commanding DOLL unit", examples: Command Tower, Command Center, Command Beacon, Command Unit, though maybe they should flip it to "DOLLS Command Unit" instead. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wouldn't let these screenshots be a direct representation of whats in store for NGS' localization. While its true that PSO2's localization was rough around the edges in some places (and to this day, still is in some areas), a lot of things found out when the website leaked earlier than expected didn't turn out to be the case during Beta and at launch (e.g the blocks being named "PC/Xbox One", Arkuma being called "Arky", a lot of names with no spacing, etc).

We should save proper judgement for when the Beta comes... that said im not gonna be blindly optimistic and expect the localization and formatting to go without flaws...

I wonder if we will get the "A weapon equippable as a Weapon Type." again

@coldreactive said in Some localization missteps on a screenshot already:

The sentence

Should be

DOLLS with an S is the name of the opponent, isn't it? I could be wrong but I thought its singular form was still DOLLS. Perhaps the bigger question is whether Command should have a capital C. If it's just a word to mean leader then I wouldn't expect it to be, but if "Command DOLLS" is a term then it could be accurate.

Honestly I'm more put out by there being three commas, after every fourth word. (Amusingly if you take out the last four words from the suggested revision, it literally becomes a haiku with the commas perfectly placed for it.)

I'm no language major but I think two are sufficient to provide a pause either to clarify what a Pettas Vera is or to name the commanding DOLLS unit. Respectively:

• Based on past data we expect Pettas Vera, a commanding DOLLS unit, to be there.
  • Based on past data we expect the commanding DOLLS unit, Pettas Vera, to be there.

Between the two it's probably just preference. The latter could replace both commas with inverted commas for the same effect. They could also restructure the sentence so either of those subjects is at the end and reduce the number of commas to one. For instance:

• Based on past data we expect the presence of Pettas Vera, a commanding DOLLS unit.

And yes this is all a bit nitpicky but this is a beta which is both our chance to give translation feedback and also our chance to express how eager we are haha.

@Zeara said in Some localization missteps on a screenshot already:

What do you think the point of Beta testing is exactly?

If Sega America really is working on the NGS localization as was claimed in the first NGS broadcast, I don't think this is going to make it to the actual beta.