Fashion is supposed to be the endgame but. . .

We are not allowed to equip more than 1 weapon camo at the same time. Why? If i equip a Soaring Blades skin, i am then forced to watch the thrash Rivalate Jet Boots skin. It's been 9 years and your system has not been updated. If fashion was really the endgame, we would be able to equip multiple camos at the same time.

20210506162433_1.jpg

20210506162539_1.jpg

Unfortunately this is probably not going to change in the base PSO2, but, New Genesis is going to support setting different camos for different weapon types.

You can still transmute a desired camo on one of your weapons & equip another camo for your other one

@Kan said in Fashion is supposed to be the endgame but. . .:

You can still transmute a desired camo on one of your weapons & equip another camo for your other one

True and would be the best uses of this option.

@Kan said in Fashion is supposed to be the endgame but. . .:

While you are right, it is impossible to match a weapons look with a lot of different outfit skins. Also i don't know why but the weapon must be +35 in order to sacrifice it for transmution. This is why multiple camos would be great to have, but as Ezodagrom said, it didn't happen for 9 years and it won't happen anytime soon in Pso2. It will only work in Genesis.

@Ezodagrom said in Fashion is supposed to be the endgame but. . .:

New Genesis is going to support setting different camos for different weapon types.

Beta players have confirmed this then? I was really hoping NGS wouldn't be as restricted with weapon camos so I'm happy to hear this.

@Xaelon I'm pretty sure I've seen at least one streamer showing the camo menu having different slots for each weapon type during one of the CBTs, but now finding that specific footage or even which streamer showed it is gonna be hard.

Well, we can see it for ourselves in a week and half at least.

@Prokaizer said in Fashion is supposed to be the endgame but. . .:

If fashion was really the endgame, we would be able to equip multiple camos at the same time.

I would hope so and if they want to streamline the fashion between both the base game and NGS then this is obviously the way to go but iirc. the devs. haven't made any statement in that regard and I've yet to see any other credible source either confirming or denying this. Just a bunch of speculation.

It's on a slide from Prolog 2, so it's pretty much officially confirmed. Look on the lower right.

https://youtu.be/-oEiNezv71c?t=1793

@Vashzaron Yep, that definitely looks like a camo selection screen. Thank you for the screenshot.

Do you happen know if camos will continue to exist as items in NGS or if they're getting turned into tickets like outerwear?

@Xaelon At the very least the camos listed in the pic are from the current PSO2, which will remain as items. No idea about future new camos though.

Same with existing outfits, current outer wears and clothes will also remain as items, but, future new body model outer wears and set wears will be tickets.

There is, actually, a means to assign different camos to each of your weapon palettes via creative use of shortcut commands. But keep in mind that this is a bandaid fix at best, and is a bit of a hassle of setup/manage, + isn't really viable for use by gamepad users.

First, let's start by going over the relevant shortcuts.

/mpal# --> Used to swap to the relevant weapon palette slot. For this to work, you would want to assign shortcut command slots 1-6 with /mpal1 - /mpal6, respectively.

/cmf *CAMONAME --> Equips the desired weapon camo, should it be present in your inventory. Note that if the camo's name contains spaces, you will need to remove those spaces in order for the command to work. (ie * Ideal Rafale becomes *IdealRafale)

/sr RINGNAME is another shortcut worth bringing up. Like with camos, you will need to remove any spaces from the item's name here. You can use this command alongside the other two I listed, in the same command, to swap weapon, weapon camo, AND the skill ring all at once! Quite nifty, if I might say so myself.

So with all those commands in mind, you can simply set up your shortcuts, then swap your 'change weapon' keybinds to use shortcut commands instead. The shortcut commands will then function as an all-in-one weapon/camo/ring swap, after all.

One final word of advice/warning: If you want to play multiple classes, your shortcut command has 5 'pages' you can swap with the /swp# (1-5) command (or just use the dropdown list in the chat shortcut menu. Either works.) Essentially meaning that you can set up commands for up to 5 different classes on a single character with this route.

@Ezodagrom Is it only future outfits that will be tickets? I got the impression from one of Sega's posts that all existing outerwear was getting turned into tickets too. The translation was pretty spotty so maybe this was one of the things they got wrong?

We'll see soon enough in June anyway.

So stuff that should have been a QoL change 8 years ago is now a selling point for NGS. Smart move.