Russian language in NewGen ?

NewGen update out in global or has only EN and JP languages as in PSO2 NA (Not-A-global) ?

The russian community is extremely small. I highly doubt NGS will have Russian as a language.

Translation and localization of games is very, very expensive.

@IfrianMMO Yep, plus with NGS being updated over time, the more languages are supported, the higher the risks for delays. Supporting only two languages (english and japanese) makes it far easier to be able to keep updates parity with the JP version.

Also not even more widely used languages like french and spanish are supported, there's no way russian would take priority over those.

@IfrianMMO said in Russian language in NewGen ?:

The russian community is extremely small. I highly doubt NGS will have Russian as a language.

Translation and localization of games is very, very expensive.

@IfrianMMO you not think that it because no russian language and EU servers? If SEGA can add russian language and servers, it can increase community in very very many times.

adding EU servers is another can of worms that would be impossible without adding some sort of server transfer system which will have said server economy destroyed. As for Russian Language don't see it happening till the end of updates since they will fail to maintain parity otherwise if it even does happen.

@YagyuChan there's also another thing that I pointed out but OP ignored when I said it the first time, if they do to 1 language they gonna need to do it for all others that not only will affect parity but also the cost of translation will go pretty high.

@Jamesmor said in Russian language in NewGen ?:

@YagyuChan there's also another thing that I pointed out but OP ignored when I said it the first time, if they do to 1 language they gonna need to do it for all others that not only will affect parity but also the cost of translation will go pretty high.

Yes and what?

this money will quickly pay for itself with new players

your position is really simple, you don't need to do anything as it costs money

@Demo-Hell You're really underestimating how hard and costly it is to translate games like PSO2 or NGS in multiple languages, games that have massive amounts of text and are going to keep being updated over time, which means, they're going to need new translations for many years.

Any additional language that would be added is risky, both in cost and time, and it could result in updates delays. Plus you say that it would quickly pay for itself in new players, but,what if it doesn't pay off?

If it doesn't pay off, they would feel obligated to keep supporting an additional language for many years that isn't bringing new players, it's just risky.

It's a miracle that we're even having PSO2 and NGS in english at all, it took Microsoft helping for the EN version to happen at all.

Also, there's no way russian would take priority over more widely used languages like french or spanish.

@Demo-Hell said in Russian language in NewGen ?:

Coming from a player that been asking for free things over and over again isn't very convincing here. Let it be hairstyles, accessories(tails), or other premium function, you seem dead set on having SEGA to NOT make money.

this clearly shows you don't know how complex and expensive is to translate to another language, the few MMOs that make several languages content all the time are pretty few and normally they have a small content per update or you need to pay to play PSO2 is none of those and as was pointed out PSO2 has walls of text in their content that requires a good amount of time to translate and adapt.

there's also that translation need to be made from the original language that the text was written and cannot be done from English that in the case of PSO2 is already a translated text giving the possibility of errors or phrases that could be simplified if it was from the original Japanese, so the cost will go higher because is not easy to find translators from Japanese to other languages.

Yes and what?

So you're dodging the criticisms?

All Microsoft's Azure did is removed the huge upfront cost for the server infrastructure and lower the initial cost of entry. Otherwise Sega likely would need to find a publisher for PSO2 Global. However, there's still ongoing cost. Sega will need Russian speaking support staff, game manager, community manager, marketing staff, and probably many more hires. Not to mention the cost to translate any future content, character voice over, and to Microsoft to host the Russian servers. These costs are in addition to what Sega is already paying for PSO2 Global.

Ultimately, the number of players means little compared to average money spend per player. You can have a billion Russian speaking PSO2 players, but your Russian server will still be deep in the red if none of them spend any money on the game. I'd argue that's even worse situation for Sega. So far, @Demo-Hell, you don't seem to be willing to spend any money on the game....

Should I also mention Russia's political environment is not friendly to anime? In January, Death Note, Tokyo Ghoul and Inuyashiki are banned in Russia over violence. Then in May, Zombie Land Saga, KonoSuba, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, Princess Lover, and Nekopara are banned over reincarnation.

Your only option is to wait for a community made translation which is more likely than an official one. Even if they would decide to make an official translation they would also have to deal with moderating Russian community and resolving their tickets as mentioned before.

@Ernesti said in Russian language in NewGen ?:

Should I also mention Russia's political environment is not friendly to anime? In January, Death Note, Tokyo Ghoul and Inuyashiki are banned in Russia over violence. Then in May, Zombie Land Saga, KonoSuba, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, Princess Lover, and Nekopara are banned over reincarnation.

As long the store pages mentions the age restriction there will be no problems with that. The Sims 4 and Miitopia got away with their "problematic" content with just having 18+ rating in Russia.

As for those titles you mentioned they were available in an unofficial streaming websites and they didn't mentioned the age restriction so they literally added those web-pages into Russian's blacklist.

For some reason our government is very concerned about anime (and video games in general) because they are "drawn" and children will most likely to watch(play) it and get the wrong impressions and do something bad because they watched it. Their reasoning is that children can't see the difference between reality and fiction.

@Ernesti said in Russian language in NewGen ?:

Yes and what?

So you're dodging the criticisms?

All Microsoft's Azure did is removed the huge upfront cost for the server infrastructure and lower the initial cost of entry. Otherwise Sega likely would need to find a publisher for PSO2 Global. However, there's still ongoing cost. Sega will need Russian speaking support staff, game manager, community manager, marketing staff, and probably many more hires. Not to mention the cost to translate any future content, character voice over, and to Microsoft to host the Russian servers. These costs are in addition to what Sega is already paying for PSO2 Global.

Ultimately, the number of players means little compared to average money spend per player. You can have a billion Russian speaking PSO2 players, but your Russian server will still be deep in the red if none of them spend any money on the game. I'd argue that's even worse situation for Sega. So far, @Demo-Hell, you don't seem to be willing to spend any money on the game....

Yes and yes, because this game without russian language

@Ernesti has a point here.

Russia could easily prohibit PSO2 for Loot Box mechanics, as well as dimensional and Parallel Earth propaganda.