horses

could it be possible to add horses or horse riding somehow to this game? if thats okay to ask?

Sci-Fi game, we use ridroids here :v

Jokes aside though, the travelling in PSO2 so far isn't bad at all to need anything like horses, if you mean just for "looks" I see that feature more of a cash grab.

If you meant NGS, then that too has photon gliding and stuff which "horses" logically wouldn't be able to do which will make them a liability to have while travelling, so yea, they chose to keep it sci-fi and I personally support that.

It would be more likely for a mount system to be added to NGS. Simply because NGS is openworld and PSO2 is not. I'm all for them adding vehicles to NGS though. It would be nice if you could summon some kind of multi-person transport at a teleport point, have all your buddies hop on and then drive to whatever EQ/UQ happens to be nearby. If we're lucky though NGS will have teleport points conviently located near EQ/UQ hotspots and then everyone can just port to wherever they go.

We will have to see what happens with PSO2's development after NGS releases, but I expect if this type of thing was planned for PSO2 it would have been released already.

For NGS, depending on the map size I wouldn't mind a Kazuchi mount or a fast travel option with it.

2016aprilfoolpso2.png

(Image from a 2016 April Fools joke from Sega)

@Xaelon said in horses:

It would be nice if you could summon some kind of multi-person transport at a teleport point, have all your buddies hop on and then drive to whatever EQ/UQ happens to be nearby.

I didn't realise how fantastic an idea this was until you brought it up!

Considering the focus on fast on-foot movement, wall climbing and so on, mounts would undermine the feeling of freedom and speed they've been going for in the same way that sticking Sonic the Hedgehog in a car would. (Wait, bad example...)

But a party vehicle that requires one driver while the rest can enjoy the ride? That's something different. Moreover, it has a lot of precedent in the Phantasy Star series. In both the original game and IV you got a big car amusingly called the Land Rover that was used to traverse hazardous terrain like antlion nests. In IV you even had special fights in it!

I can definitely imagine more flatlands areas than the cliff-laden greenlands around the central city being a prime location to showcase such a vehicle. Deserts, ice fields and so on. This could really add a sense of scale to Halfa!

I'm actually pretty happy with my Launcher's Rocket Rodeo Zero PA for immediate on-demand transportation. XD

Meeeebe PSO2:NG just need some vehicles to make travel across planets a bit less of a walk-a-thon, if the planet maps are pretty massive.

@Miraglyth said in horses:

Considering the focus on fast on-foot movement, wall climbing and so on, mounts would undermine the feeling of freedom and speed they've been going for in the same way that sticking Sonic the Hedgehog in a car would.

nothing really isn't stopping sega from using the mount idea tbh. they could just use it as different form of photon dashing like they let you choose your photon dash in the salon. all the mount ideas have to do is follow the mechanics of the photon dash.

i think someone thought of a photon dash idea where the player is carried by a group of rappies.

@REEStrikes said in horses:

they could just use it as different form of photon dashing

Ah! That's not so much a mount as a motion. We know those are in the cards since Prologue 3 revealed a swim motion available from the various NGS launch packs.

By mount I got the impression the topic wanted a faster travel option than the photon dash to cover larger distances, which in other world-scale games takes a little time to either summon or go to but then saves more time overall over a long distance.

Ooo, be cool to have like a technological mount like the horses from Captain Bravestar..

https://youtu.be/wUfJuOp7Dck

I'd be cool with this if it was something like horses in BotW where you can go fast but it comes with its own set of limitations/things you gotta do, but if it's the more typical MMOesque "point a direction and alt tab for travel" kind of mount then that seems like a pretty easy way to kill the open world feeling they seem to be going for.

But with them showcasing running/gliding so much, I think long-range travel will more likely just be with an upgrade that lets you have faster running/gliding or something, so you still have to maneuver as usual but get there faster.

I really hate horse travel in BDO so I hope if we got mounts it wouldn’t be even remotely like that. A mount to carry all your buddies would be pretty fun.

I’m still waiting on FFXIV to give me a sleigh pulled by Fatcats…if there’s a mount, give me something ridiculous and cute!

I know that it's irrelevant to the tred but i immediately start imagining an horse gliding and performing wall jumps... and now i want it

I would like the option of using a mount as an option for traveling in NGS

@Church10129 Wow

https://youtu.be/Tdf_19_FmxM

(actually reads the last part)

SEGA, Y U NO MAKE THIS REAL?

@Koga RIP my wallet, if that is possible.

Hell, mounts (somewhat) works well in almost every MMO that has them so... yeah. That way Sega don't have to risk modify the Photon Run speed for players if they can give them the option of using mounts.