Battle Royale(FFA, etc)

SEGA can add new game modes like Battle Royale(FFA, etc)?

You're playing the wrong genre. Perhaps find yourself a Korean MMO instead of JRPG.

@HarmlessSyan said in Battle Royale(FFA, etc):

You're playing the wrong genre. Perhaps find yourself a Korean MMO instead of JRPG.

This is not a very popular genre, I propose to change it to make the game a success!

@Demo-Hell said in Battle Royale(FFA, etc):

This is not a very popular genre, I propose to change it to make the game a success!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_8M8EI3M1E

Battle Royale is a genre that is dying and everyone is already tired of it, literally any new game from those that appear dies right away.

@Demo-Hell I'm just trying to point you in a right direction, you obviously do not like the JRPG genre based on your other threads too. Really, go try Korean MMOs, many are free to play also. They are more PvP focused and less story driven, at least long cutscenes and dialogues are few and far in between.

They need to add to the regular game mode, feels like pvp has been abandoned honestly. 😕

@Pariah-Chan pvp is abandoned because the majority of players who enjoy pve games don't like pvp so even bringing another pvp mode will result in the same.

It is not abandoned because this game is full of pve, it is abandoned because the pvp is poorly implemented (it looks like a phone demo game), the queues to play are very long and the points you get to buy things are very little for what prizes cost. I like pvp, but the one in this game couldn't even be called that (it's sad). I do not think you should expect much from this game, it has been 8 years and it is sad how little it has playable content (although it does have enough content to customize the pj):D

Need PvP with FFA mode and Team vs Team! And servers at whole earth.(EU,etc)

PSO2 is PvE oriented, its focussed on co-op and solo clear content. PvP is like a minigame to enjoy if you want a change on scenery etc.

It is the way it is because there is a huge RPG fanbase that does not like PvP, mainly because it promotes elitism & eventually toxicity & sega is VERY anti-elitists. This fanbase is big enough for online RPG content franchises to completely drop PvP, or introduce PvP which doesn't involve game's main mechanic like combat between players (For example Arks Leagues) OR do have a PvP for those who like it but keep the PvP rewards bad, stuff which won't influence the gameplay or growth in the main focus of the game.

Hence, the PvP arena was never improved since it was never the main focus for Sega's target audience. Treat the current PvP as a minigame.

If you want a PvP focussed RPG game, PSO2 is not for you, as others have already mentioned it before, try looking into Korean RPG games.

@Chantro said in Battle Royale(FFA, etc):

It is not abandoned because this game is full of pve, it is abandoned because the pvp is poorly implemented (it looks like a phone demo game), the queues to play are very long and the points you get to buy things are very little for what prizes cost. I like pvp, but the one in this game couldn't even be called that (it's sad). I do not think you should expect much from this game, it has been 8 years and it is sad how little it has playable content (although it does have enough content to customize the pj):D

Except it is abandoned because of PvP being PvP. This is true in all games that don't exclusively focus on PvP. Want to just play PvP? Play a game designed for it. Want to gank beginners in open world who don't stand a snowballs chance in hell? Go play some Korean MMO. Want to buy super OP stuff by playing long enough to easily murder and t-bag everyone who hasn't played as long as you? I'm sure there's a game for that somewhere.

@Chantro said in Battle Royale(FFA, etc):

Correction: Battle Arena was released March 8th 2017 in JP, so its been 4 Years.

https://www.bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2s-first-pvp-content-the-battle-arena/

Please be more accurate before making such statements.

It should be noted during its time in JP rotated out its weapons (in arena) & prizes, while slowly adding items to the Exchange. Eventually they just threw everything & left it, as Global has seen since its appearance.

--Dates can coincide with weapon changes in Battle Arena & update to the exchange shop prize listing:

March 8th, 2017 | September 20th, 2017 | April 19th, 2017 | December 20th, 2017

August 29th, 2018 | October 10th, 2018 | March 25th, 2020

maybe I should use a separate period instead of the other. What I meant is that the game in 1 year, has given us content that in JP was in 8 years I think (that is the time it takes to implement everything we have until today?), I mean that it is slow (At least the current version pso2, not ngs the one that still does not come out).

if i compare it to bdo or wow i consider it slow. I did all the missions of the 6 chaps in approximately what it took me to do all the missions of a wow expansion (there are expansions every 2 years or so). I think it is unfair to compare both games based on the number of staff in each company, but I rectify my opinion as a user saying that I do not care about their excuses and only the functional product (I think the only reason why I keep playing is because I think that It has the best customization of pjs that I have seen ... for now):D

@Chantro The content being "slow" may not be entirely wrong, but assuming that based on global's growth pace is wrong. The "slow" progress in JP was fast enough to be comparable to other games in the genre. There is no game which doesn't run dry on its content between its previous & the upcoming update/event/campaign. The delays between the updates are kept much much longer than their playtime. Moreover, there are a number of things global never got in 1 year of time. This includes collabs, events, campaigns, UQs, Limited Quests & a tonne of missing Scratches.

@Demo-Hell said in Battle Royale(FFA, etc):

@HarmlessSyan said in Battle Royale(FFA, etc):

Golden Syrup is that you? Just kidding, but you remind me of another user that tried reccomedning changes that the user base for the most part wasn't fond of. Also spammed the in-game recommendations thread much the same way with multiple topics. Look, I get that you might mean well, but the game had a niche following to begin with. Trying to alter it in the way you suggest, would drive away anyone that likes this type of PVE-Team based game. And when you lose that core user base, there is never a guarantee that anyone that would like your suggestion, would even bother with this game, given that there are already plenty of other games out there that are like what you want from this specific game. They are already making plenty of positive changes with NGS, how about you wait another month and see what that has to offer.