extended storage 2 issues

sooo, this being the final mission pass, ng coming very soon, and having a plethora of pq and shop tickets i've decided to forgo premium and just bought extended storage slots (yes, i know, it was a short sighted decision with other drawbacks i didn't think about when the decision was made lol)

aaanyways, i'm having an issue with the storage..

when in "dungeon" i can't seem to access it like i would be able to access any other bank slot for the purposes of depositing items to free up bag space..

and i've also noticed that searches don't work exactly how i would expect them to..

for example: let's say i have a weapon camo in extended slot 2.. if i go to all storage any thing in that storage won't show up..

am i doing something wrong, is this a bug, or is this intended?

You can only access the extended storage you have marked as your favourite. It's intentional.

how do you mark it? i see the star next to the first and had an idea that the star had something to do with it.. but couldn't figure out how to move the star to the second, non full, storage area

and, imho, that's such an odd design choice..

"let's allow them to purchase more space with either money or in game grinding.. but, let's not make all their storage available to them.. in field they can only use some of their storage.. and on ship let's make finding things harder.. and.. let's not tell them about these changes or have a prompt explaining how to favorite"

i hope they change that in the future..

https://pso2.com/manual/menu/storage/

found a link for anyone else that comes along with similar issues

and here's the info itself cuz they took their sweet time getting to it.. there's a bunch of dumb rules about storage if one does actually check that link.. somehow i have played and not ran into any of these issues, or at least didn't realize that was the issue at hand. so, def worth a click just for the info

You can set any one Extended Storage location as your [Favorite Storage]. Setting up your [Favorite Storage] allows you to deposit items even when you are away from the Storage Terminal.

• Saved settings for [Favorite Storage] are shared by all of your characters that are on the same ship.

[Favorite Storage] cannot be set up when using a mouse. The process of setting up your Favorite Storage with keyboard controls will be described as an example.

Select the Extended Storage location that you wish to set as your favorite storage by doing the following: select [Storage Menu] in the Storage Terminal → select Deposit Item → move the cursor [↑] or [↓].
Press [Shift] to set a location as your [Favorite Storage].

I know it is kind of "off topic" but sort of on point also, but how is material storage?

@xAGNEx said in extended storage 2 issues:

and, imho, that's such an odd design choice..

"let's allow them to purchase more space with either money or in game grinding.. but, let's not make all their storage available to them.. in field they can only use some of their storage.. and on ship let's make finding things harder.. and.. let's not tell them about these changes or have a prompt explaining how to favorite"

i hope they change that in the future..

On the JP server, years ago you could freely access all 5 AC extended storage boxes at once without having to set a favorite, but they removed that ability when they made changes (I think it may have been when they added the ability to send things to storage directly from your Inventory). It definitely made it harder to sort through all 5 storage boxes since you can't transfer directly from one extended storage to the other.

That is to say, they will likely never change it back.

@Tasty-Onions said in extended storage 2 issues:

I know it is kind of "off topic" but sort of on point also, but how is material storage?

Material storage is extremely useful. So much so that I say purchasing 90 day access ASAP should be your first SG purchase. It offers a number of extremely convenient features that should be part of the base game. Here's to hoping that NGS gives everyone material storage and it's related features for free.

Anyway, here's why I say that material storage is so useful.

• Once material storage is active, you gain access to an autoloot option that sends any material item straight to your storage without it ever taking up any bag space.
  • Any item in your material storage can be used to complete COs or enhance equipment without withdrawing them.
  • Items stored within material storage have a much higher stack limit (if they have one at all)
  • While this storage will only accept Material Items, due to the large number of material items in the game, you will likely free up 150+ inventory slots when you use the storage terminal's "Auto Move to Material Storage" option.