about the passive stat boosts for skill trees

as in, dexterity boosts, range, tech, and melee power, and increases to hp and pp. does it apply to every class or just that class. say, if i got range power up from ranger, would the boost from that benefit my gunner class?

It only benefits you if you have the class equipped as a main or sub class. So if you are a GuRa with points you get the points, but if you GuFi (which I have heard is the best class combo for Gu main) you will not get points from the Ra tree.

@flylowclevo okay, thanks for letting me know

it only benefits the class or if you are using it as subclass, if not it won't benefit it you at all, also those skills are only for dump points they give a pretty insignificant boost in the stats that won't favor your overall damage enough to be worth it.

@Jamesmor said in about the passive stat boosts for skill trees:

it only benefits the class or if you are using it as subclass, if not it won't benefit it you at all, also those skills are only for dump points they give a pretty insignificant boost in the stats that won't favor your overall damage enough to be worth it.

IIRC those stats are actually counted as base stats and affected by the usual multipliers, so they're not as insignificant as you'd think. Especially for the trees that have condensed 5-point versions. It's closer to being on the level of inconsistent conditional modifiers and non-core defenses than just dump points.

@AiC-L even the condensed versions are still insignificant, those skills give max of 100 fixed stats and 150 in Summoner's case but you need to throw 10 points to get these bonus and sure they do scalate but you are throwing away 10 points that could be better used in multiplier skills.

@Jamesmor I meant the 5 point ones on Su (and the following skill) and Fo by condensed. Su ends up being 15 points for 200 ATK for the entire line, which is something like 3-5% depending on the numbers. I've heard something like 40-60 points is ~1%, though it may be more now. It looks bad, but the other skills are garbage as you said. Fo on the other hand is 5 for 120, or 2-3%. I'd totally grab that over capping the fire tree.

My other example that I'd go to would be Hu and Fi. Hu could take defensive options using those 20+ points. They have their niche uses, and I've certainly run into those situations before. But in general it's better to just throw it into offense because you can play around getting statused or dying. Fi is a question about consistency. In both cases you're choosing to put the points into ATK+ over another option, rather than because you've taken everything good and need somewhere to throw points. That's why I'm against calling them dump point skills, since that gives the impression that they're valued just over something like doing a dual stance Hu tree.

You would definitely not prioritize those stat ups over most of the other skills in any tree. Dump points here refer to the remaining skill points after you're done with core & some optional skills, mostly used in subclasses & with scion subclasses, you get like max 50

If you're using dump points to refer to every point that's not core/highly recommended, then sure I guess that works. My understanding was always that it was closer to leftovers after build personalization.