Zig wont help me, Can you?

@AiC-L said in Zig wont help me, Can you?:

@Anarchy-Marine Wanting people who can't do their job well to be replaced means there's something wrong with me now? It's not like they haven't had a pattern of this occurring.

Agreeing with/saying shit like "A room full of monkeys would be better" because of a mistake, and just being down right insulting & wanting people to lose their jobs because it isn't perfect is an issue.

Y'all never make mistakes, or?

@NIC said in Zig wont help me, Can you?:

@Anarchy-Marine Wanting people who can't do their job well to be replaced means there's something wrong with me now? It's not like they haven't had a pattern of this occurring.

Agreeing with/saying shit like "A room full of monkeys would be better" because of a mistake, and just being down right insulting & wanting people to lose their jobs because it isn't perfect is an issue.

First off, I'm assuming that's exaggeration because no one in their right mind would actually think a room full of monkeys would be better. 'Room full of monkeys' is just a common turn of phrase for chaos or incompetence. If the meaning of that was to actually dehumanize, then I don't agree with that.

Second, I would expect to be fired if I had a consistently bad record. It's unreasonable to expect to consistently be forgiven for the same type of mistake. If I leave the stove on and burn dinner once or twice, I would hope to be forgiven. If I do it every day for a month then something's wrong.

To clarify, I don't know whose fault it is. It could be that the people responsible are just getting shit tossed at them without context by the people above them and told 'translate now and post, gogogo!'. In which case those are the people I wish would suffer consequences. But someone needs to be held responsible if there's consistent problems.

First off, I'm assuming that's exaggeration because no one in their right mind would actually think a room full of monkeys would be better. 'Room full of monkeys' is just a common turn of phrase for chaos or incompetence. If the meaning of that was to actually dehumanize, then I don't agree with that.

Yes, I know. You're just calling them idiots. Doesn't make you look like any less of an asshole.

Second, I would expect to be fired if I had a consistently bad record. It's unreasonable to expect to consistently be forgiven for the same type of mistake.

To clarify, I don't know whose fault it is.

Y'all don't see the problem here?

Yes, I know. You're just calling them idiots. Doesn't make you look like any less of an asshole.

Second, I would expect to be fired if I had a consistently bad record. It's unreasonable to expect to consistently be forgiven for the same type of mistake.

To clarify, I don't know whose fault it is.

Y'all don't see the problem here?

If you do something stupid consistently, you get called stupid.

No, I don't see the problem. There's a group of people (or maybe just one person) doing stupid things. I don't know if it's the people sending orders down from JP, if it's coming from Global, if it's translators, or community managers. They're doing a bad job of it. Consistently bad work should not be rewarded.

Thread is going nowhere productive @GM-Deynger can we get this locked?

@Fattest-Leg said in Zig wont help me, Can you?:

The thread got it's answer in the first 5 minutes to be fair. It was bound to go down this road.

@Mjolnir said in Zig wont help me, Can you?:

@Rma209 said in Zig wont help me, Can you?:

Then why would they write that post like that? I'm so confused on this topic ?

They write that because whoever is in charge of communications is terrible at their job and needs to be fired and replaced ASAP. I've rarely seen a franchise with such awful communication. It's a serious problem and it would be good for them to address it. Not holding my breath on that one though.

@Church10129 said in Zig wont help me, Can you?:

Honestly just adding the word " series" would of made better sense. (In addition, this weapon series can be changed to...), but what can you do.

-shrugs-

In theory they could hire someone competent to replace the room full of monkeys banging on typewriters they currently employ. But that would make sense so...

Wow @Mjolnir @AiC-L , surely you're not trying to harass or degrade any of the PSO2 staff, right? What do you think @GM-Deynger ?

@FANtasyStarOnline said in Zig wont help me, Can you?:

They write that because whoever is in charge of communications is terrible at their job and needs to be fired and replaced ASAP. I've rarely seen a franchise with such awful communication. It's a serious problem and it would be good for them to address it. Not holding my breath on that one though.

Honestly just adding the word " series" would of made better sense. (In addition, this weapon series can be changed to...), but what can you do.

-shrugs-

In theory they could hire someone competent to replace the room full of monkeys banging on typewriters they currently employ. But that would make sense so...

Wow @Mjolnir @AiC-L , surely you're not trying to harass or degrade any of the PSO2 staff, right? What do you think @GM-Deynger ?

Are you serious? You think criticizing the quality of work is HARASSMENT? So what does that make the people who actually go on about how the game is horrible then, terrorists?

@Fattest-Leg said in Zig wont help me, Can you?:

Supplementary request, can you please pass on players' feedback that the announcement's wording is incorrect and the harmonizer is the only Fluxio series weapon that cannot be freely switched to another weapon type?

(To provide clarity, this is not a game bug - the limitation is because harmonizers cannot have augments. The feedback is that the website's announcement is incorrect, not the game.)

Harmonizer weapons were not category changeable in Atlas series, so it didnt surprise me fluxio was not changeable. If it said it in announcement I wouldnt have noticed or cared for the typo in my personal opinion, because harmonizers are treated slightly different from weapons in the same series often enough. Just know going forward how harmonizers have been different a lot of the time and that should be expected. At least they made the effort to tell you they added content so you could be excited to come in after maintenance.

@flylowclevo said in Zig wont help me, Can you?:

it didnt surprise me fluxio was not changeable [snip] that should be expected. At least they made the effort to tell you

And that's appreciated, but the community has identified that one of the things they've told us is wrong.

Or rather, this topic wasn't originally a feedback topic at all but a question topic that only came to exist because the announcement is wrong. This proves the existence of players being affected by the inaccuracy and therefore the benefit of fixing it.

@FANtasyStarOnline said in Zig wont help me, Can you?:

-shrugs-

Are you serious? You think criticizing the quality of work is HARASSMENT? So what does that make the people who actually go on about how the game is horrible then, terrorists?

Yeah, it's a bit ridiculous of those taking issue with this criticism. It would be one thing if it was a one off mistake, but it's far from that. After how many "mistakes" is it ok to criticize? 3? 5? 10? Infinite? And any criticism is "harassment"? That is just silly. There's a pattern of bad communication from this franchise, at least in global, and this is just one mistake of a great many.

It's not just errors like this either, the problems are quite broad. If I were managing director of a project with such bad communication issues, first on my agenda would be to restructure that team.

The poor communication is a pattern and at many businesses this kind of pattern of rather egregious errors would be grounds for termination. I do think Global needs to reevaluate how it communicates, and that those in charge probably should be let go or at least seriously held accountable for the pattern of errors. Sometimes it's hilarious, but more often it's just off putting.

I really hope it's something like maybe they actually did do something to improve matters before, but the pre-NGS rush is just causing us players to see the same output as before due to resources being pulled to the NGS side. It's just kinda hard to convince myself with the track record from the previous games and the lack of actual conversation.

I'm actually kinda curious as to how long-time Phantasy Star fans (both original and multiplayer) view things as compared to newer players. I know my viewpoint isn't neutral, but I wonder how by how much it is.

At this point I think the Global Team has a lot on their plate and small errors like this lead to insults and harassment that doesn't fix the problem. Like it was said earlier one word could fix the typo, but it was missed. Okay people see it as mistake and want it fixed. What is the fix suggested? Firing someone? Terminating people is probably easier if you have a line of people who can fill the position, but I don't think there is people in line trying to fill that position right now. I don't think harassing the team thats currently working is the solution either. Getting told youre bad at something by strangers is not a great motivator in my experience. I hope they are doing alright and not receiving unneeded disrespect over a single word missed in a post.