Regarding a Global launch?

I'm curious if a GM or someone could give some sort of information on the possibility? We've seen the credits are with Sega EU too and with the influx of us players outside of NA who Adore this game I'm wondering if they can see the light here.. Don't want to sound foolish but I didn't get around to playing closed beta but I started the moment open beta started and I stupidly charged £90 worth of currency so I could splash out on founder packs and it came to me and others outside the NA region that we are locked out form purchasing currency at all, very disheartening to say the least. I'm wondering if there is something coming to development? Discovered there is also now Pso2 on the xbox store for UK but marked as currently unavailable https://imgur.com/gallery/G7nmEpl 🤞 is this perhaps a presumption it could be getting set for global in the nesr future? What's everyone's thoughts? Wouldn't it be smart to expand to global rather than NA?

Edit: it also has a Pegi 🤔

@Memoria said in Regarding a Global launch?:

We've seen the credits are with Sega EU too

This doesn't matter. Square Enix made FFXIV's world with the help of its European Branch. And FFXIV didn't get dedicated EU Servers until late 1.x into 2.0. But the actual EU servers, located in Germany now, didn't come until Heavensward at the earliest. I still don't see many MMORPGs actually putting forth the effort to have hardware located in the EU. Most free to plays often opt to make a separate version of the game entirely for EU.

@coldreactive said in Regarding a Global launch?:

We've seen the credits are with Sega EU too

This doesn't matter. Square Enix made FFXIV's world with the help of its European Branch. And FFXIV didn't get dedicated EU Servers until late 1.x into 2.0. But the actual EU servers, located in Germany now, didn't come until Heavensward at the earliest. I still don't see many MMORPGs actually putting forth the effort to have hardware located in the EU. Most free to plays often opt to make a separate version of the game entirely for EU.

Honestly? I don't mind st all running a US server is completely fine by me the connection is smooth as hell for me 👍 but when it comes to ingame currency? I want to be able to purchase and enjoy the game just as much as someone who comes from America and Canada and I'm certainly not the only one I'm sure 🙄 I don't mind about the perk too much anymore tbh, I just want to be able to sell stuff in my personal shop which I cannot because it requires AC currency 😔

I hope they make it available in EU/UK. But I guess it's not as easy as just clicking a button. But if they do I really hope they don't do separate versions with separated servers. Would be more convienient but I haven't had any connection or latency issues so far (from germany). So it's ok.

Anyways..., it is possible to buy Xbox Gift Cards and redeem them in the US store. You just need to make sure you are buying USD Gift Cards. A couple of years ago I bought them in the microsoft store directly with a CC and later with paypal. But both options don't work for me anymore. Then I bought them of Amazon.com which also doesn't work for me anymore. But you could try those options. There are also other online shops which sell them.

@JimmBimm said in Regarding a Global launch?:

I hope they make it available in EU/UK. But I guess it's not as easy as just clicking a button. But if they do I really hope they don't do separate versions with separated servers. Would be more convienient but I haven't had any connection or latency issues so far (from germany). So it's ok.

Anyways..., it is possible to buy Xbox Gift Cards and redeem them in the US store. You just need to make sure you are buying USD Gift Cards. A couple of years ago I bought them in the microsoft store directly with a CC and later with paypal. But both options don't work for me anymore. Then I bought them of Amazon.com which also doesn't work for me anymore. But you could try those options. There are also other online shops which sell them.

Yeah not to be ignorant or anything but I heard someone was randomly suspended from doing such from the UK and I don't want to take such risk so I mean if a GM can confirm it's allowed then I would gladly take this option 👍

@JimmBimm said in Regarding a Global launch?:

Yeah not to be ignorant or anything but I heard someone was randomly suspended from doing such from the UK and I don't want to take such risk so I mean if a GM can confirm it's allowed then I would gladly take this option 👍

If you are talking about being suspended from the EU for using giftcards, you shouldn't be. If you change your account region too, much, they might get suspicious and suspend or even terminate the account, though.

@Memoria the GM cannot say it is allowed because technically the game is intended for NA release. If you were to find a legal, non-exploitative way to spend your own money on the game, there should be no problems.

Edit:

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/923/pso2-eu?_=1584814868534

Just look there.

@Memoria , one thing to understand is that the Community Team (ESTsoft) are not the developers or the ones running the server... which would be SEGA of Japan.

The Community Team may very well know what we want... we want the PC version released now! We want a full roadmap for the release! We want there to be all the collabs! We want no censorship! Etc. But thats not up to them unfortunately, they Communicate fan sentiment with Sega of Japan and whether they listen is another story; Sega of Japan rarely deviates from their original plan.