Rude players

Is it just me or do ppl not remember encounters they had with good people. Like I can remember one bad experience over a bunch of good ones. IMO I'd say ship doesnt matter if you dont know anyone in game. Because maybe you catch a human being on a bad day. Sometimes if its your first interaction with a particular person you never know until you know them. I think its like that anywhere in life, unfortunately. If you decide you really do not like a player, blocklist exists.

A lot of it really depends on the kind of questions you were asking.

If it's something that's been repeatedly infinately, like "What's the best build for my character" or "Where does this drop", or "Which S-Augments are the best", "How does this fight work?" than you can forgive them for pointing you to a wiki or other source of information -these questions get asked on a regular basis to the point many are just tired of answering them when you have resources at your disposal to use instead.

But if it's more targeted questions, such as "Hey, can someone explain to me high-end augment affixing", or strategies for things like Divide Quests, Depth Bosses, or anything that's related to content that's more tailored to the high end playerbase, and they're still acting like asses - than yeah, that's just simple elitism at it's finest, since those are questions that really need more of a focused approach than "Just go look at a guide".

That said - what kind of questions were you asking, and we can probably help you out here with them as well.

You can look at their own example of answering questions

@QWERT said in Rude players:

"have you heard of a wiki?"

Is this elitism?

@odnoliub said in Rude players:

@QWERT you do realise this was just an example of the post topic "rude players" right? youre an example in yourself buddy.

Honestly just try and make friends. The ship your on will wind up not making a difference in the grand scheme of things once you do. Every ship has its share of bad players and also good players. I've had a few bad run-ins with players on my ship and i simply ignored them, moved on and in the absolute worst case: blacklisted them. This isn't something ship specific however. Crummy people exist everywhere in pso2 but so do good/helpful people. Its just a matter of finding the right people be it by chance or not. Just pick a new ship and roll with things.

This post is deleted!
This post is deleted!

Ship 2 is very toxic I just play with my friends i invited to the game.

@flylowclevo said in Rude players:

Is it just me or do ppl not remember encounters they had with good people. Like I can remember one bad experience over a bunch of good ones. IMO I'd say ship doesnt matter if you dont know anyone in game. Because maybe you catch a human being on a bad day. Sometimes if its your first interaction with a particular person you never know until you know them. I think its like that anywhere in life, unfortunately. If you decide you really do not like a player, blocklist exists.

I was actually going to post earlier about a good encounter in ship 2 lol. In my early days, was in a group of 3 randoms exp grinding and when UQ popped they all wanted to do UQ but at the time I couldn't do UH and said I would leave the party so they could continue but the others then started to say they didn't mind lowering the difficulty so that I could stay which I thought was really nice of them and I insisted it was okay but they went through with it. 🙂

I don't have any problems really with ship 2. Met like 2-3 toxic people over a ton of hours which I think is normal/to be expected. Majority of people are nice from what I experienced.

@Garoa I'm sorry I have only been on ship 3 Thorn. May I ask what opinion that generates from you hearing that. I have never experienced ship2 so I cannot make any judgements of the ship. Heck I havent even been to every block on ship 3 so I wouldnt even know most of the community of the ship I am on anyways even with all the time Ive spent playing. I like to think of ARKS as one whole Fleet and saying that any one ship is better is just not realistic. I don't think I actually know any ship 2 toxic players but like I said I havent played on the ship so how could I know any. Actually, I had watched a ship 2 streamer once and they didnt get res from two randoms, but I dont judge all of ship2 for that incident. I dont have many issues with toxic players but then maybe I am one myself. I dont think it should be about ship. I wish it wasnt about ship. But somehow it becomes about ship. Is ship 3 the best community or most toxic? I can't tell you because I've never been to the other ships and I havent seen my whole ship. My small group of friends is genuine and supportive I like to think though. I play here because this is where I established myself. Also, I thought the name ship name Thorn is cool and edgy because why not. I cannot remember the other ships names, sorry.

@flylowclevo Based on his posts he seems to be an user that was previously banned, he used to excessively brag about ship 2, it's not surprising that he's resorting to badmouthing other ships as well now.

@Garoa I'm sorry I have only been on ship 3 Thorn. May I ask what opinion that generates from you hearing that. I have never experienced ship2 so I cannot make any judgements of the ship. Heck I havent even been to every block on ship 3 so I wouldnt even know most of the community of the ship I am on anyways even with all the time Ive spent playing. I like to think of ARKS as one whole Fleet and saying that any one ship is better is just not realistic. I don't think I actually know any ship 2 toxic players but like I said I havent played on the ship so how could I know any. Actually, I had watched a ship 2 streamer once and they didnt get res from two randoms, but I dont judge all of ship2 for that incident. I dont have many issues with toxic players but then maybe I am one myself. I dont think it should be about ship. I wish it wasnt about ship. But somehow it becomes about ship. Is ship 3 the best community or most toxic? I can't tell you because I've never been to the other ships and I havent seen my whole ship. My small group of friends is genuine and supportive I like to think though. I play here because this is where I established myself. Also, I thought the name ship name Thorn is cool and edgy because why not. I cannot remember the other ships names, sorry.

You have nothing to apologize for as you aren't one of those people. Most of what I hear are the horrors that those who transferred over from Ship-03 to Ship-02 tell us about sometimes. You see there's this entire alliance that was slowly moving over from Ship-03 to 02 and they were talking about how they were from Ship-03 and so we asked them why they came over here and we just hear about these things that happen in your server. About how spiteful people over there can be but mostly because they wanted a more active and friendlier community and so coming to Ship-02 and getting away from them was just merely a bonus.

@Garoa said in Rude players:

You have nothing to apologize for as you aren't one of those people. Most of what I hear are the horrors that those who transferred over from Ship-03 to Ship-02 tell us about sometimes. You see there's this entire alliance that was slowly moving over from Ship-03 to 02 and they were talking about how they were from Ship-03 and so we asked them why they came over here and we just hear about these things that happen in your server. About how spiteful people over there can be but mostly because they wanted a more active and friendlier community and so coming to Ship-02 and getting away from them was just merely a bonus.

alt text

busted

From what I recall ship 3 has been memed on since the begining so it would not surprise me if ship 3 people have been pressured to move since it has been around. Generalizing a population based on what a small percentage of the former population says is also not fair. A single alliance only represents so many people. Thats not an entire ship. And the divide in people between ships is really not needed outside of maintaining the game functioning. We're all ARKS remember. We're all here to play PSO2 not propaganda.

I personaly just think that this is just immature as hell.

Like some very cringe war between ships to see which ship is better and which is not.

Just sad in general.

I saw Regius at the bridge in Ship 2 the other day. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Monomates in his hands without paying. The girl at the item counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Anyways, ship wars are bad (be NICE to everyone on EVERY ship) and throw positivity back at rude people!