Rude players

@Lorient said in Rude players:

@HermitST said in Rude players:

@Zeke said in Rude players:

If you're on ship 2 then it makes sense. More of the elitists from JP pso2 went to ship 2.

Recommend just joining an alliance and chatting with them.

This is such a load of rubbish. Why do you people keep acting like each ship is different somehow? The players are the same no matter what ship people play on.

I have been on ship 2 since day 1 and I haven't had a single issue with anybody.

This. I've been on Ship 2 since Global launch and have yet to see anybody act elitist. There are jerks on every ship, but the unfounded hate on Ship 2 is starting to get old.

I'm pretty sure I know why they do it. They are trying to scare people off playing on Ship 2 because they chose to play on a ship that has a low amount of players.

ship 2 seem pretty good in term of players toxicity, everyone just minding their own business when i do pug runs. I havent run into anyone telling me what to do or telling me or anyone "my gears suck so get out of the party" so far.

I would try to join an alliance if I were you tho if i want to play with ppl. Ppl in same alliance tend to be more accommodating to you when you're in the same alliance in term of helping you out.

This post is deleted!
This post is deleted!

Toxic, rude, selfish, and obnoxious players likely exist on every ship, in one form or another. I for instance ran into such a player earlier tonight while running the Swirling Inferno Urgent quest. Dude was pissy because he wanted to Farm the last one, as we were out of the thirty minute window to re-launch the quest, and wanted people to stop saving the civilians so the quest wouldn't end. I was sadly in his party, as he picked me at random, and accused me of playing the urgent correctly, even though I stuck with the team, and was nowhere near the civilians, and essentially stated that he was going to false flag/report my account, just because he couldn't get his way. I won't name names, but I found his profile on here so I could report him, dude is supposedly in his thirties , and acts like an obnoxious thirteen year old. That's just an example, adjacent to what the original post states.

They are few and far between on most occasions, but they do ruin people's day when you have the misfortune of running into them, and they act like they are gods gift to the world, and get upset having to explain things to the less experienced players, or get pissy when they are the only ones that want to farm an urgent quest. They are also the same players that think they are dealing the most damages to bosses, and complain when an aspect of a quest is failed, blaming everyone else, all the while having died the most on said quest. It's ego, hubris that drives them, and ultimately all we can do when they inevitably harass someone in game, or talk trash to someone, is to report them, block them and move on.

As for OP's question about which ship to go to, honestly, I'd befriend someone on these forums, and join their ship, or I'd take a transfer, if I had the money, and just see what each ship has to offer, or ask someone you trust whom already has. Basically weigh your options before settling down, if it's even necessary. You may have just run into some bad actors, and need to find someone on your ship that treats you right.

One of the reasons why i only have the Alliance Chat open. I dont care about what people outside of my Alliance and Friend List have to say. So unless its the Alli chat or Whisper chat i wont even notice if anyone is rude towards me.

honestly why I try to avoid a party in Global since I don't like confrontation with toxic individuals so I rather be alone instead but yeah they do seem to be few and far between.

There are jerks on every ship, but the unfounded hate on Ship 2 is starting to get old.

I can think of 2 reasons for that.

It's known that ship 2 is where alot of JP veterans went to, and some veterans have been very elitist since the beginning of the EN version. Despite not all veterans being like that, sometimes it just takes a few rude ones to give a bad look to the JP veterans in general.

A few weeks ago there was an user here in the forums excessively bragging about ship 2, which helped sour others opinions about the ship.

But yeah, there's elitists in every ship.

Unrelated, about the least populated ships, hopefully SEGA will take measures to help those gain new users with the NGS launch (sometimes even small measures help, like putting the least populated ships on top in the list of ships).

@Ezodagrom said in Rude players:

There are jerks on every ship, but the unfounded hate on Ship 2 is starting to get old.

I can think of 2 reasons for that.

It's known that ship 2 is where alot of JP veterans went to, and some veterans have been very elitist since the beginning of the EN version. Despite not all veterans being like that, sometimes it just takes a few rude ones to give a bad look to the JP veterans in general.

A few weeks ago there was an user here in the forums excessively bragging about ship 2, which helped sour others opinions about the ship.

But yeah, there's elitists in every ship.

Unrelated, about the least populated ships, hopefully SEGA will take measures to help those gain new users with the NGS launch (sometimes even small measures help, like putting the least populated ships on top in the list of ships).

I do not support these people either since I am a JP veteran and I feel like I have to hide the fact I am because the elitist people that make us look bad to the Global community when all I want to try to do is help them out when possible without forcing my views or playstyle on them since different things work for different people.

@YagyuChan Yeah. At least with NGS being a fresh start for everyone, and upgrading equipment seemingly being more accessible than it is on the current PSO2, it may result in elitism lowering a bit (though it's impossible to ever get fully rid of elitism).

Hiya! I’m on ship 4 but I unfortunately don’t have a lot of time to play lately, but if you ever just want someone to bounce questions off of, I can help with that. Just no gun class questions because I probably know less than you do. 😄

As for ship, I have alts to play on all of them. I feel ship3 is the most friendly but jerks exist anywhere. Ship4 doesn’t have a lot of people right now but we’ll probably see a flood of them once NGS hits so I wouldn’t worry about it. Play on the ship you just find the most fun.

If you decide to come to Ship 1. My alliancemates usually help people out as long as they are willing to learn and improve.

I guess I just feel like painting an entire ship as toxic because of a very small handful of people is a bit unfair. I rarely see those JP elitists anymore.

Yeah, that guy has been around since launch. Most of us who have been around for the last year have just learned to ignore him at this point.

Ships 1 and 2 are fairly similar. I have characters on both, and I've found that the population size is fairly similar as well. Ship 2 has a bit of a cult following however. Before Global released last year, many english players called Ship 2 in the japanese version of the game home, and when the global version released a handful of those players flocked to ship 2, so the server had a kind of soft jump start.

That jump start is largely irrelevant now. Global is caught up save for some missing cosmetics which we will probably not see due to licensing issues. Ships 3 and 4 have much smaller populations due to their being populated later, and the smaller population will likely mean you encounter the same people more often, thus making rude players seem more prevalent when it's probably you just unfortunately running into some of the same people over and over again.

Ship 2 developed a negative stigma due to a handful of elitist players and guilds coming in from JP, but it's not really relevant to the current state of the community either. Every game and server will have their fair share of unhelpful, entitled jerks, I think it just happens that since Ship 2's community had that jump start it was more obvious. Several guilds I remember seeing in the first months of Global were also setting up lofty requirements that people new to the game (or franchise) weren't really in a position to adhere to: Must have these classes, this skill tree, these weapons with these augments (when many players still can't figure out how augments work because I have yet to see anyone be able to explain it in a simple, to the point manner). Note too that not all JP players are rude. I've met plenty of helpful and kind individuals.

Ship 1 I encounter rude people too. I've had people criticize my characters, try to shame me for not having a best in slot item, and there's a lot of people in games in general who won't actually describe how to do things, instead choosing to bemoan others when a simple explanation would probably have helped more than anything.

Don't let people get to you. This is a game and it's supposed to be fun. Anyone who has the attitude that you should know more than you do or that you are wasting their time are being entitled, because this is a community game. Teamwork overpowers individual needs and wants.

My main was on ship 1 and I moved to ship 2 not too long ago. Ship 1 was actually noticeably worse than ship 2. The most i've seen on 2 so far is people trying to brag about their wealth. On ship 1 you had the gear snobs, the people talking down to new people instead of helping, and people just outright telling others they shouldn't play if they saw someone complaining about an issue. I literally had someone talk down to me because i was like 1 or 2m off of the exact specific amount a stack of grinders would get you when I was trying to help a newer player make money (I was telling them about the darkness uq and excubes). They went on and on about how wrong I was even though it wasn't that far off, and how bad I must be because I didn't want to do the math and didn't care to keep that info in my head. And when I asked why they didn't help the new players then, why they just insisted on talking down to me while I was trying to help someone, they just left.

Idk ship 3 or 4 but ship 1 is definitely worse than 2