Rude players

@Yggranya said in Rude players:

Which is to say, the people are the same a-holes but the possibility of actual consequences stops them (most of the time).

Yeah, I didn't mean to make it sound like this wasn't the case. That's why I mentioned that they just saved their trash talk for private discords, didn't mean to act like people who play XIV are actually saints, they're just less vocal about hating you in-game.

@Akonyl Indeed. so it's working as intended.

@QWERT as funny as that sounds to me, its not exactly how I feel a person should answer a question to a newer player. The experienced player could say "the visiphone/wiki has a good explanation on that" even if they do know what it is but cant take the time to explain it all.

@odnoliub said in Rude players:

@RikaPSO ive been considering switching! would you reccommend ship 2? : 3

I would say yes, but probably the same as any other ship player wise. But yeah a high population as some have said!

@QWERT you do realise this was just an example of the post topic "rude players" right? youre an example in yourself buddy. @Church10129 the phantasy star fleet one, they also were super gross about me having an 816.

@odnoliub may i just say not to generalize a whole discord with a bad experience from players you've never met. 816 in jp is imposed on ppl who clearly know what they were doing most of the time, so here in Global its just assumed that whoever has gotten one deserves it. Though in rare cases its not true. I mean, I myself am trying to undo whats been happening to me and I kinda got a similar response but I wont blame them for it. They dont know me. The people I have been playing with in game were surprised and distressed as I am (well maybe mot as distressed since they can all d100 sodam) when I told them about my situation. I'm sure if you knew them it would be different scenario. PSF is just a decent sized server. Its hard to know everyone.

@flylowclevo oh yeah i 100% know that haha im not a child dw i just had a bad experience w some players is all, it turned me off a bit.

That's a shame, can't speak for the text channels, but the en voice chat in fleet is friendly for the most part.

@odnoliub Sorry to hear that happened. If you like, this set of guides helped me with my classes. https://flamii.wordpress.com/class-guides/

If the question is broad, I sometimes tend to direct the person to wiki or other guides as well which can answer in much more detail, but still, that does sound the wrong way to go about it

When people treat me in a way I dont like, I like to think most of the time I just kill them with kindness as cringey as that sounds. And if they strike the wrong nerve i just leave the conversation for a bit and come back when I can. Maybe they feel bad after I gave them time to think about it and will be better in the future. You never know if you dont give people a chance.

@flylowclevo thankfully i just joined an alliance and theyve been super nice, so hopefully i wont have to deal with rude people in the near future : 3

@odnoliub - as a ship 4 native, I had to sign up to reach out to you. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with some players, but the same would be true on any ship if you came across similarly rude players. That is the unfortunate nature of being on-line.

I'm the leader of the Honey Badger's alliance on ship 4 (And have a 1-person alliance on ship 2) and you'll usually find some of us idling in block 1. Feel free to approach me or my members if you want some advice. Needless to say there are also a lot of helpful and friendly players in various active alliances on ship 4 as well.

If you have any free character slots, I would encourage making a character on another ship too. That way you can enjoy both ships and maintain friendships on each.

I was also wanting to come in and address the assertion that ship 4 is a dead ship - but would rather not get into a petty argument, so will refrain from saying anything I will regret later. Rather I would make the observation that while this isn't really the case, I feel that it is gradually becoming a self fulfilling prophesy the more people say it and ship 4 players start to move completely to the 'big city' ships away from their more idyllic rural home ship with the really terrible shops.

Even the most toxic player on ship 4 and the upper echelon of the alliance that were openly harbouring him recently upped and moved to ship 2.

@Zeke said in Rude players:

If you're on ship 2 then it makes sense. More of the elitists from JP pso2 went to ship 2.

Recommend just joining an alliance and chatting with them.

This is such a load of rubbish. Why do you people keep acting like each ship is different somehow? The players are the same no matter what ship people play on.

I have been on ship 2 since day 1 and I haven't had a single issue with anybody.

@HermitST said in Rude players:

@Zeke said in Rude players:

If you're on ship 2 then it makes sense. More of the elitists from JP pso2 went to ship 2.

Recommend just joining an alliance and chatting with them.

This is such a load of rubbish. Why do you people keep acting like each ship is different somehow? The players are the same no matter what ship people play on.

I have been on ship 2 since day 1 and I haven't had a single issue with anybody.

This. I've been on Ship 2 since Global launch and have yet to see anybody act elitist. There are jerks on every ship, but the unfounded hate on Ship 2 is starting to get old.