Is that how you show your appreciation to ARKS SEGA???

I feel bad for using forum to rant, but..., this one was a bit hard to swallow. while looking at the page for the ARK appreciation campaign i came to realization that dance41 is actually the one from mission badge swap shop... .

I doubt sega don't know we all be relying on mission badges to affix our units, pretty sure those are here for that in the first place. As of now, my units aren't finished, waiting on more mission badges to finish them, cause yea, i didn't plan that, didn't think it would be a thing, don't know anything about what's going on in jp much either. so yea some stuff from mission badge swap shop looked nice, and i bought them. I was a bit sad when i realized i would need them to actually have decent end game units without feeling like quitting the game..., i was way too short on mission badges, but that was okay, cause i got all those nice cosmetic and emotes, is what i was trying to tell myself... .

But now you're telling me, well, really, i shouldn't have bought those emotes, and kept my badges for units??? like... wtf sega??? Did you guys even gave a thought..., like... 5seconds??? about how players would feel receiving a reward they already have, and somehow hindered their gear to get those already???

That's no appreciation sega, that's a huge bip you to some of us..., ofc you're no stranger to that and known to pull those kind of moves from time to time, but this time i REALLY REALLY felt like i needed to express myself... .

Agree or disagree with me, but sega, just don't do that kind of things please... .

what? lmao.

EDIT: Oh no they are giving us a reward mostly everyone MIGHT already have. Lets forget about all the events going on for the next couple weeks that show appreciation to their player base!

@Ashe-Kinsilla said in Is that how you show your appreciation to ARKS SEGA???:

mostly everyone MIGHT already have.

it's not about having it or not, it's about spending limited resources to get it

@Celphina said in Is that how you show your appreciation to ARKS SEGA???:

I feel bad for using forum to rant, but..., this one was a bit hard to swallow. while looking at the page for the ARK appreciation campaign i came to realization that dance41 is actually the one from mission badge swap shop... .

I doubt sega don't know we all be relying on mission badges to affix our units, pretty sure those are here for that in the first place. As of now, my units aren't finished, waiting on more mission badges to finish them, cause yea, i didn't plan that, didn't think it would be a thing, don't know anything about what's going on in jp much either. so yea some stuff from mission badge swap shop looked nice, and i bought them. I was a bit sad when i realized i would need them to actually have decent end game units without feeling like quitting the game..., i was way too short on mission badges, but that was okay, cause i got all those nice cosmetic and emotes, is what i was trying to tell myself... .

But now you're telling me, well, really, i shouldn't have bought those emotes, and kept my badges for units??? like... wtf sega??? Did you guys even gave a thought..., like... 5seconds??? about how players would feel receiving a reward they already have, and somehow hindered their gear to get those already???

That's no appreciation sega, that's a huge bip you to some of us..., ofc you're no stranger to that and known to pull those kind of moves from time to time, but this time i REALLY REALLY felt like i needed to express myself... .

Agree or disagree with me, but sega, just don't do that kind of things please... .

The self entitlement in this post is out of this world. I’m sorry SEGA didn’t check with you personally to see what items you have or haven’t brought, but you are not the only player, their are going to be plenty of players who don’t have this emote, who have going to be very happy to have this has a reward. You’re basically saying SEGA don’t give out free stuff because someone may brought it, and they can’t get the benefit of it.

Guess what I’m in a similar boat I brought cross legs just before this announcement and it’s not the first time this has happened to me, I’ve lost count how many hundreds of million mesta I’m out of pocket at this point, but guess what it happens. I knew the cost of the items at the time, I knew how much I had, I knew it would take time to recoup the mesta spent, it’s juat something you have to accept or don’t buy anything until you’re absolutely sure you don’t need that resource for anything.

I have no idea how much you brought from mission badge shop, but I got a weapon stealth Camo, both the dances, 2x ex tri boosts, and a couple of accessories, I think just under 400 badges all up, and I still had enough to get enough caps for my units, and I’m currently sitting at 275 in my storage. Plus people were selling finished 6s versions of those units, so the mission badge swap shop wasn’t the only way to get them.

Sega literally didn't have to give us anything.

Man you guys are being entitled as all hell. They're freaking giving us over 2000 SG for free. Everything else is just extra for things we may or may not have.

@Zeke said in Is that how you show your appreciation to ARKS SEGA???:

Sega literally didn't have to give us anything.

Man you guys are being entitled as all hell. They're freaking giving us over 2000 SG for free. Everything else is just extra for things we may or may not have.

Guys? Are you lumping me in with OP?

if you can get unlimited mission badges like you can get unlimited mesetas, please tell me about it, i want to know, then that would clearly render that post moot for sure.

I think the OP is right here, giving out rewards that require a limited, time-gated resource such as Dance 41 is pretty poor taste, since it essentially just rewards people who held off on it.

If it was a different resource (meseta, recycle badges, etc) that's always available it would be a different story.

Personally I think the Mission Badge thing was handled pretty badly, as being able to do things like upgrade your gear using them is time-gated.

@Celphina said in Is that how you show your appreciation to ARKS SEGA???:

if you can get unlimited mission badges like you can get unlimited mesetas, please tell me about it, i want to know, then that would clearly render that post moot for sure.

You just fell into the trap I left for you. I thought you might try and bring up its mesta it’s not the same. Firstly unlimited mesta isn’t actually a thing, you are limited to the time you can invest into the game, play the market etc, or limited to the amount of real life money you can spend on the game on AC scratch.

But has I said you can completely bypass the mission badge swap shop with mesta, I had a look earlier theirs a bunch of 6s units with those capsule affixes on it, just waiting to transfers passes onto your 8s units. Has you’ve said mesta is so abundant this shouldn’t be an issue for you.

@Matt said in Is that how you show your appreciation to ARKS SEGA???:

I think the OP is right here, giving out rewards that require a limited, time-gated resource such as Dance 41 is pretty poor taste, since it essentially just rewards people who held off on it.

If it was a different resource (meseta, recycle badges, etc) that's always available it would be a different story.

Personally I think the Mission Badge thing was handled pretty badly, as being able to do things like upgrade your gear using them is time-gated.

Its not the first time they’ve handed out rewards that are a limited time resource. They’ve given out 2 seperate SG scratch tickets, which essentially does the same thing, rewards people who held off, and SG is heavily timegated unless you’re willing to spend money. You can spend money to get more mission badges as well, though it would require a little work but would actually probably be cheaper than buying a bunch of SG.

Also they have given out a few emotes now for free that were at one point going for a lot of mesta, and that is by no means for a lot people an easy thing to make. So surely giving those out as well would be in poor taste, as people have either spent real money on scratches to get that mesta, or spent a lot of time farming to get that mesta, or a combination of both.

Out of all of these, people’s money is in my opinion the most valuable thing here, cause people have to earn that. Imagine theirs an item you want that costs a lot of mesta, more than you could reasonable make in game, so you invest into AC scratch to get enough mesta to buy it. Only to find out shortly after that it is now a campaign reward, I’ll imagine they wouldn’t be too happy. While compare that too mission badges which while time gated is an entirely free item. It’s given out in the free section of the mission pass, and the game gives out enough SG to afford the initial 200SG for gold ticket, at which point the SG just recycles itself.

My point is at what point is it ok to give rewards then? In each instant someone has either used a limited resource, their own money to get the mesta or SG needed, or used their time to acquire the mesta/SG, and in each case the resource, money, or time has essentially been wasted. Should they just not give rewards? Or be extremely selective in what they use for rewards, so that no one in no way would be negatively affected? Even though a large majority of people would benefit from these rewards, cause they may not have the resources, time or money to get these items.

I think they are planning on going away from timing gating items needed for gear, judging by them scrapping the gold mission pass, though we will have to wait to see if and what they do instead. Though the mission badge swap isn’t the only example, another one is grania, and transfer passes another.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in Is that how you show your appreciation to ARKS SEGA???:

You just fell into the trap I left for you. I thought you might try and bring up its mesta it’s not the same. Firstly unlimited mesta isn’t actually a thing, you are limited to the time you can invest into the game, play the market etc, or limited to the amount of real life money you can spend on the game on AC scratch

yes you are, but if you want/need more you can if you so will spend more time/money to get more of them. you can't do that for mission badges, you're limited to a set amount.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in Is that how you show your appreciation to ARKS SEGA???:

But has I said you can completely bypass the mission badge swap shop with mesta, I had a look earlier theirs a bunch of 6s units with those capsule affixes on it, just waiting to transfers passes onto your 8s units. Has you’ve said mesta is so abundant this shouldn’t be an issue for you.

my base unit is made, and actually fits what im playing, which is different than the typical if i find a 6 slot units that doesn't use vet/crack sure i'll buy it now.

sg is limited but as long as we don't get support scratch, which might never happen now. sg doesn't make you choose between gear and fashion.