What platforms would you like to See PSO2 and PSO2 NGS on

Since a good and smart game company would aim to get as much of the market as possible, especially if getting another platform can be quick and easy with little to no work.

I ask what other Platforms would you, the players, all like the GLOBAL version of PSO2 and PSO2 NGS to be available on and WHY? As I know some folks, like myself, would avoid Win10 as if it were the Grim Reaper riding on a pale horse coming to collect your soul.

For myself I'd like it if PSO2 was available on two platforms;

Linux via Steam, The reason, Linux runs a crap ton lighter then Win10, and doesn't have anywhere near as bad of bugs in the patches as Win10 has gotten over the past 5 years (wiping out my docs folder, drive corruption, just to name two of the many, and not forgetting the very creepy wording the EULA gained 3 months after release). Also it should be EASY to get PSO2 running on Linux with Valve's work on Proton, Steam play, and given Valve's support for solving issues related to running Windows games on Linux. As a result it could be fairly easy to get the game to Run in Linux through Steam Proton, but the only thing that'll be needed is changing the Anti-cheat from Game-Guard to Denuvo.*1 I know folks don't like them, but it could solve some of the other issues with the anti-cheat software and open another new market, that may be small, but it could also be a wealthy untapped resource.

Playstation (I'd like it to support 3, but I know that hardware is too old for the NGS update) The reason, I find that PlayStation consoles work better then the x-blown consoles, and it is not Microsoft, which did that very creepy presentation on the x-bone in the E3 2013 where the x-bone one required a Kinect camera to be hooked and plugged into the console to even work and it having a 24-hour internet connection.

Now the other reason for both of the above platforms, is this, I WILL NOT go to Win10 or the X-Bone One, even if paid 10 Billion Dollars (a 100 Billion I would likely cave). It is also the reason WHY I AM NOT putting down upto $100 to $200 per month to buy AC Scratch, cause if this game stops running on Win7. I will not upgrade to Win10 to play PSO2 and then would of spent a fair amount of real cash for a digital currency I would loss access to, spent, and enjoyed in game.

*1 https://www.gamingonlinux.com/2021/01/steamworks-gets-denuvo-anti-cheat-heres-what-irdeto-say-about-linux-support

@Azure-Zero said in What platforms would you like to See PSO2 and PSO2 NGS on:

Since a good and smart game company would aim to get as much of the market as possible, especially if getting another platform can be quick and easy with little to no work.

I ask what other Platforms would you, the players, all like the GLOBAL version of PSO2 and PSO2 NGS to be available on and WHY? As I know some folks, like myself, would avoid Win10 as if it were the Grim Reaper riding on a pale horse coming to collect your soul.

For myself I'd like it if PSO2 was available on two platforms;

Linux via Steam, The reason, Linux runs a crap ton lighter then Win10, and doesn't have anywhere near as bad of bugs in the patches as Win10 has gotten over the past 5 years (wiping out my docs folder, drive corruption, just to name two of the many, and not forgetting the very creepy wording the EULA gained 3 months after release). Also it should be EASY to get PSO2 running on Linux with Valve's work on Proton, Steam play, and given Valve's support for solving issues related to running Windows games on Linux. As a result it could be fairly easy to get the game to Run in Linux through Steam Proton, but the only thing that'll be needed is changing the Anti-cheat from Game-Guard to Denuvo.*1 I know folks don't like them, but it could solve some of the other issues with the anti-cheat software and open another new market, that may be small, but it could also be a wealthy untapped resource.

Playstation (I'd like it to support 3, but I know that hardware is too old for the NGS update) The reason, I find that PlayStation consoles work better then the x-blown consoles, and it is not Microsoft, which did that very creepy presentation on the x-bone in the E3 2013 where the x-bone one required a Kinect camera to be hooked and plugged into the console to even work and it having a 24-hour internet connection.

Now the other reason for both of the above platforms, is this, I WILL NOT go to Win10 or the X-Bone One, even if paid 10 Billion Dollars (a 100 Billion I would likely cave). It is also the reason WHY I AM NOT putting down upto $100 to $200 per month to buy AC Scratch, cause if this game stops running on Win7. I will not upgrade to Win10 to play PSO2 and then would of spent a fair amount of real cash for a digital currency I would loss access to, spent, and enjoyed in game.

*1 https://www.gamingonlinux.com/2021/01/steamworks-gets-denuvo-anti-cheat-heres-what-irdeto-say-about-linux-support

Firstly it’s not as simple has what a game company may or may not want to do. We know Microsoft at least had an exclusivity contract, though we have no idea if that’s this active or what it entails, so that could stop it from coming to certain platforms. Plus has other people have pointed out Sony recent decisions could also be a reason they haven’t brought it to the PlayStation on global so far. Then theirs also the player base on a certain platform and wether they think enough of those players would pick up the game to make it worth spending the resources to bring it to that platform.

Erm what? What does a 10 year old? Kinect presentation for Xbox have to do with pso2? You start of saying you think PlayStation would be a better platform then give no reasons as to why you think this and go of on a tangent about Kinect. This section reads I really really don’t like Microsoft and Xbox so I should be able to play it on these platforms for er reasons.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 Definitely agree with you. People are ignoring the mass amount of censoring Sony has started doing to their IPs (there's another post discussing this topic) and this dude definitely sounds like a "Microsoft sucks waaah" person. I regret to inform you Azure Zero since you went out of your way to make an account just to state "I WILL NOT go to Win10 or the X-Bone One, even if paid 10 Billion Dollars " guess you won't be playing the game because NGS is coming out only on said platforms as well.

As a result it could be fairly easy to get the game to Run in Linux through Steam Proton, but the only thing that'll be needed is changing the Anti-cheat from Game-Guard to Denuvo.

The only thing that'll be needed is selling your soul and funding parasites of the gaming industry. No. I'd be all in favour of making PSO2 available to more gamers and increasing the player base, but sometimes the consequences are too great.

Playstation (I'd like it to support 3, but I know that hardware is too old for the NGS update) The reason, I find that PlayStation consoles work better then the x-blown consoles, and it is not Microsoft, which did that very creepy presentation on the x-bone in the E3 2013 where...

I'm going to set aside your tenuous criticisms of "x-blown consoles", but I'll acknowledge their existence because they hint at biases that shouldn't be ignored.

PSO2 was never on the PlayStation 3; leaving aside the Vita which had its support dropped in 2019, it launched on PlayStation 4 and last we heard they're struggling to iron out performance issues of the new graphics engine in that so asking for support for a console that's now two generations out of date is quite far-fetched.

PlayStation 4 access to Global seems more realistic; thusfar it hasn't happened yet with the two most likely hurdles being (1.) any terms of the support and potential financing Microsoft have given first to PSO2 itself from E3 2019 to present date but more recently to New Genesis which was revealed in an Xbox showcase. And (2.) Any western Sony policies against sexual content that PSO2 Global would need to adhere to.

The game still works on Win7 and that is just fine, once it stops working on Win7, I'll be dropping the game and not dropping further cash into it, as I am just paying for Premium.

I'll also be waiting for the Linux Kernel updates that fix the Anti-Cheat issues, which have started being fixed with Linux Kernel 5.11 *1. Now I used to be a very big Windows Fan boy, but after that creepy E3 expo and a number of other things MS did with Win10, that trust was broken and never really recovered. Not to mention the Number of CVEs (Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures) Win10 (Currently 1111for over 5 years) has had over the course of 5 years (with the IE integration doubling it, thankfully MS has removed IE from Win10) compared to the average CVE count of Debian Linux has for 5 years covering 2 decades (3067 for 20 years / 4 = 766 average for 5 years) *2.

@Miraglyth I had forgotten that Western Sony is starting that stupid thing, and I knew that PS3 was never likely to support PSO2 as it is over 10 years old. Now if another Anti-cheat/DRM company announced Linux support at the same time as Denuvo, I would of recommend them instead of Denuvo, as I know how hated they are. But since they are the only Big Anti-cheat that'll run with Linux, it becomes the only option. And if I had to choose between the lesser of the Evils of MS and Denuvo, in my view Denuvo is the lesser evil.

*1 https://www.gamingonlinux.com/2020/10/collabora-expect-their-linux-kernel-work-for-windows-game-emulation-in-kernel-5-11

*2 https://www.cvedetails.com/product/32238/Microsoft-Windows-10.html?vendor_id=26 https://www.cvedetails.com/product/36/Debian-Debian-Linux.html?vendor_id=23

It is also the reason WHY I AM NOT putting down upto $100 to $200 per month to buy AC Scratch, cause if this game stops running on Win7. I will not upgrade to Win10 to play PSO2 and then would of spent a fair amount of real cash for a digital currency I would loss access to, spent, and enjoyed in game.

so you like to keep using a system that is not updated anymore and the security breaches will be found over and over well good luck if your machine is invaded and someone decides to steal any information you have there or decide to use it for crypto minning

Better then receiving buggy updates that; mess up the computer, do data damage, and or wasting the users time with problems and failures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yCm65w055s

This is not a Windows 10 forum. It is certainly not an anti-Windows 10 forum.

@Miraglyth said in What platforms would you like to See PSO2 and PSO2 NGS on:

This is not a Windows 10 forum. It is certainly not an anti-Windows 10 forum.

Your right,

We have gotten off topic from the title of this thread.

And look at what platforms people would like to see PSO2 and PSO2:NGS run on as well.

I don't think they will let GameGuard be friendly with Proton when they could push people to use Windows 10 instead (with no adittional work) making Microsoft happy just like how they do with there beta that could easily be for other launchers. Microsoft has the edge of having the game using DirectX and they will keep it that way while pushing there other apps on top of Windows 10 and Microsoft Store app.

Not saying that this isn't right. It does make sense since they paid money to bring PSO2 here and as a Microsoft Store exclusive was probably intended to boost MS store users (which kind of backfired of course lol)

PSO2 and PSO2 NGS should be on the dreamcast.

Dreamcast runs Windows after all. So it's a natural fit

@NuclearPenguin said in What platforms would you like to See PSO2 and PSO2 NGS on:

I don't think they will let GameGuard be friendly with Proton when they could push people to use Windows 10 instead (with no adittional work) making Microsoft happy just like how they do with there beta that could easily be for other launchers. Microsoft has the edge of having the game using DirectX and they will keep it that way while pushing there other apps on top of Windows 10 and Microsoft Store app.

Not saying that this isn't right. It does make sense since they paid money to bring PSO2 here and as a Microsoft Store exclusive was probably intended to boost MS store users (which kind of backfired of course lol)

I can agree that certain companies would want to resist Proton or push back against it, but as Proton and Linux keep getting upgraded with better Windows compatibility, and without adding any extra work on the developer's end to get a new platform, it might get harder to deny the Linux user base.

Furthermore there is a bit of a speculation that MS might be aiming at making their own Linux distro with a proprietary windows subsystem for windows program compatibility, as currently the Win10 desktop/laptop space has gone down about 6% over 2020, with Mac and Linux desktops/laptops both gaining about 3% each over 2020.

But back on topic, the only other platform I'd like to see PSO2 on is GOG, though I doubt that'd happen due to GOG's anti-DRM stance, though they could put up the much older (80's and 90's) Phantasy Star games up there.

@NuclearPenguin said in What platforms would you like to See PSO2 and PSO2 NGS on:

I can agree that certain companies would want to resist Proton or push back against it, but as Proton and Linux keep getting upgraded with better Windows compatibility, and without adding any extra work on the developer's end to get a new platform, it might get harder to deny the Linux user base.

Furthermore there is a bit of a speculation that MS might be aiming at making their own Linux distro with a proprietary windows subsystem for windows program compatibility, as currently the Win10 desktop/laptop space has gone down about 6% over 2020, with Mac and Linux desktops/laptops both gaining about 3% each over 2020.

I could see that in the future yea. As for the 2nd paragraph, that sounds awful imo. I rather even more game devs move towards other APIs than to get Microsoft involved with Linux. Especially after seeing what happened with Android.

Anyway sorry, that went offtopic too but had to express my disgust. 🙁

Is there a reason people react so negatively to someone asking for the game to be on other consoles? Honest question, because you all come off as jackasses.

There is literally no downsides, and as far as I'm concerned, the game should be available on as many consoles as possible.

@Matt said in What platforms would you like to See PSO2 and PSO2 NGS on:

Is there a reason people react so negatively to someone asking for the game to be on other consoles? Honest question, because you all come off as jackasses.

There is literally no downsides, and as far as I'm concerned, the game should be available on as many consoles as possible.

Literally no one has said the game shouldn’t come out on other consoles, or platforms. All anyone has done has pointed that theirs many factors that influence what consoles or platforms a game comes out on, and pointed out OP obvious negative bias towards Microsoft and Xbox.