Phalegs unbalanced design and the unfair nerf of our characters in the boss fight against her

• list itemPhalegs unbalanced nature and the nerfing of our characters in the fight against her.... I have noticed that my lvl ninety etoili does less damage to phaleg only one hundred k per combo, but in ultra hard or even divide im capable of popping out one million to three million in a few seconds. But with phaleg my dps is massively reduced to nothing, next it the inconcistancy of i frames in dodges, i have mastered dodging and avoiding getting hit yet when i here the proc that i succesifully dodged she still gets the grab. Furthering we cant use dark blast, mag, or even photon arts against her. Yet in the games statement "we can finally go all out...No holding back" Yet we have our damage reduced, cant use or photon arts, dark blast, or mags, our i frames are iffy, and my etoili art for if i do take fatal damage i revive and am invulnerable for five seconds never activates. Next is her five million health pool and the short amount of time to beat her. I have noticed the only reason i lose to this boss is...time i dont have enough five minutes to dish five million damage is unfair when we are nerfed so drastically yet phaleg can three shot a lvl ninety etoilie. Honestly SEGA should fix these problems because honestly im annoyed that my kit is reduced so badly in this fight. Its not balanced and honestly i find it annoying that someone thought the phaleg buff was a good idea, I have witnessed thousands of my friends just uninstall this game for the soul reason phaleg is such a botched fight. Heh not like any ones gonna do anything about it mean poop, they let scam bots run wild on there servers with no repricussion.

Bruh, Phaleg is an entry fight.

Lmao well of course you are popping 1 to 3 mil in divide all of your stats are boosted to astronomical levels as per the nature of the divide quests. also if you are somehow dying as etoile on this fight you MUST be doing something wrong since etoile can take far more damage against phaleg with its damage reduction than any other class

@Zenaku-Lodam said in Phalegs unbalanced design and the unfair nerf of our characters in the boss fight against her:

• list itemPhalegs unbalanced nature and the nerfing of our characters in the fight against her.... I have noticed that my lvl ninety etoili does less damage to phaleg only one hundred k per combo, but in ultra hard or even divide im capable of popping out one million to three million in a few seconds. But with phaleg my dps is massively reduced to nothing, next it the inconcistancy of i frames in dodges, i have mastered dodging and avoiding getting hit yet when i here the proc that i succesifully dodged she still gets the grab. Furthering we cant use dark blast, mag, or even photon arts against her. Yet in the games statement "we can finally go all out...No holding back" Yet we have our damage reduced, cant use or photon arts, dark blast, or mags, our i frames are iffy, and my etoili art for if i do take fatal damage i revive and am invulnerable for five seconds never activates. Next is her five million health pool and the short amount of time to beat her. I have noticed the only reason i lose to this boss is...time i dont have enough five minutes to dish five million damage is unfair when we are nerfed so drastically yet phaleg can three shot a lvl ninety etoilie. Honestly SEGA should fix these problems because honestly im annoyed that my kit is reduced so badly in this fight. Its not balanced and honestly i find it annoying that someone thought the phaleg buff was a good idea, I have witnessed thousands of my friends just uninstall this game for the soul reason phaleg is such a botched fight. Heh not like any ones gonna do anything about it mean poop, they let scam bots run wild on there servers with no repricussion.

While I don’t deny that some people still find this fight difficult, a lot of this is straight out wrong. Phaleg doesn’t have a damage reduction against her. I was doing more damage against her than uh hard risk enemies, and divide quests can get a huge damage buff depending on how many people are doing. The only time she has a damage reduction, is if you try to use the same weapon for both phases, has she resist your weapon you used in the first phase, in the second phase. You get around this though by using a second weapon.

She doesn’t have iffy iframes you can dodge or counter everyone one of her attacks, many people have done it. So in the case of this fight you haven’t mastered dodging.

What do you mean you can’t use your mag or photon arts??? Everything on your mag still works, the attacks the auto actions, even the SP auto action, and you can definitely 100% use photon arts. I’ve never tried dark blast here, but that was something that was introduced in ep5, so that may be the reason you can’t use, it also may be intentional disabled, but either way with our current equipment you should be able to outdamage your dark blast. I can’t speak for the etoile skill, but it should activate Iron Will always worked here, and that’s is a very similar skill.

Sounds like half your trouble is a gearing issue, etoile should be able to take more than 3 hits, I was able to take 2 to 3 hits on my force with ray units back when this was first released. and you shouldn’t be timing out with our current gear.

This fight when it was first released, was designed to test players skill and mastery of their classs. The whole point was not to get hit in the first place, and to train you in the ability to read and learn enemy attack patterns and to make sure you could use more than one weapon. For all of this this fight isn’t unbalanced it does exactly what it is supposed to do. I should point out this fight is completely optional, so seems odd to stop playing a game over it. And you’ve witnessed thousands of your friends uninstall this game??? How manny friends do you have??

This is... bait?

Also you have thousands of friends? I'm kinda jealous.

@Zenaku-Lodam said in Phalegs unbalanced design and the unfair nerf of our characters in the boss fight against her:

all I get from this is "this fight is too hard nerf it"

• in Divide quest you get a bonus over the quantity of players in the same room if you are the only one you get a huge damage bonus with Phaleg you have none of that is only your own damage
  • you can use Dark Blast and all skills of mags including the Photon Blast but without any means to fill it fast you not gonna be able to use then also if you don't feed your mag he won't use his skills
  • Phaleg attacks are consistent you just need to learn her pattern to know when to block or evade
  • her damage reduction in the second phase is only to the weapon you used in the first phase, if you don't want to deal with that then use a different weapon or go with Luster that ignores damage reduction when is applied to Gunblades
  • healing is reduced in this fight to 20% that also includes lifeline skills so don't count with healing against Phaleg
  • you have 7 minutes to deal 5 million damage if you have a decent gear and do counters is pretty easy to reach that damage in that time

Phaleg fight is optional so you don't need to do it so there's no reason to nerf her fight at all

I'm just gonna say that you can definitely use Dark Blast against Phaleg. The only way to do so is to actively take damage since it also fills the gauge, but you would need to gamble your luck with Iron Will.

I know this since that's how I first beat her as Ranger for the first time, Dark Blast Apprentice destroys her easily (Ranger isn't a class I'm very familiar with, so I had to cheese it to get the SG on the title.)

But yeah good bait.

Teal can't use PAs either.

The one thing I see in your post that's a valid complaint is Etoile Will not activating. She breaks Iron Will at times by design, so I assume that's what's happening here. Some of her multi-hits are so fast that it literally kills you before the skill kicks in.

@AiC-L If you say iron will, its a gamble. Iron will proc rate is 75% so theres 25% chance you'll die & thats not something in phaleg fight, that part is applied everywhere. Also Iron will can proc any number of times in a quest

Et will has 100% proc rate though but only available once per quest. Phaleg doesn't "break" anything related to the wills, the wills proc when they can, giving you i-frames for next few seconds.

@Kan Was it not Iron Will then? I know there was some survival skill that was supposed to save you if you had more than 1 HP back when EP4 launched, but it was failing so regularly against Phaleg that they checked and it turns out her multihits invalidate it.

@AiC-L There are a few ways to do that, there's iron will, etoile will, luster will, hero will. There is atlas ex series which also make you survive once as well as an s4. But I don't know about multihits avoiding it, its possible that one of the hits caused your hp to drop to 1 & not 0 & none of those wills I mentioned work on 1 hp, causing the next instance of the attack killing you

@Kan None of those were out at the time though. Maybe it was just one of those things that the community just accepted without ever testing it personally? I know I never bothered personally checking, since by the time I bothered to go do it we were already in EP5 and Masq. very blatantly hits you more than once if you evade the bullet spam on Hero and buffer the counter. Figured it was the same effect.

@AiC-L Dunno kek, this is the 1st i've heard of multihits not proccing the wills. In Ep 4, only iron will was available on hunter main/sub tree & like I said, it never had 100% chance to succeed. You would die 25% of the time, multihit or 1 shot.