Stop sexualizing 15 year olds. (NGS)

https://twitter.com/travisteaspoon/status/1385359421761540096

After listening to the translation of the presentation of this character I felt physically ill as the presenter commented that they were excited by Aina's body (and that she was holding futurelike weapons) and wondered aloud whether she had tanlines or not.

This is unacceptable, not to mention it reveals the intent behind her design which is absolutely disgusting, especially considering the demographic this game targets by the very nature of its gacha system.

Also no, just changing her stated age will not make it okay. Sega needs to stamp out pedophilic elements completely.

@IAMCRAIG said in Stop sexualizing 15 year olds. (NGS):

https://twitter.com/travisteaspoon/status/1385359421761540096

After listening to the translation of the presentation of this character I felt physically ill as the presenter commented that they were excited by Aina's body (and that she was holding futurelike weapons) and wondered aloud whether she had tanlines or not.

This is unacceptable, not to mention it reveals the intent behind her design which is absolutely disgusting, especially considering the demographic this game targets by the very nature of its gacha system.

Also no, just changing her stated age will not make it okay. Sega needs to stamp out pedophilic elements completely.

I didn't see any wrongdoing here. Her age, as far as I've known was never specified. Also, I'm really tired of people like you, specifically the Twitter types, that always have something to be up in arms about, and always see an issue where there is none. From white washing, to supposed pedophilia, and it's always targeting Asian countries and artists. It's a character in a game, who isn't real, regardless, and I'm tired of entertaining your insanity, and pretending it's not. Grow up, get a life, and get the hell off the internet if you can't handle it.

They literally say her age is 15 in the video Anarchy Marine.

Do you actually read what others post before spouting off your opinion? You have done this a few times when replying to me already, like back when you were trying to correct me on the book Lolita and its origins.

They literally say her age is 15 in the video Anarchy Marine.

Do you actually read what others post before spouting off your opinion? You have done this a few times when replying to me already, like back when you were trying to correct me on the book Lolita and its origins.

I heard no age in that clip, or the official stream, perhaps I'm deaf, or you are projecting again. I replayed it several times. I did hear the part about tan lines, but that seemed to just be a joke. The point is moot. It's a videogame character, she isn't real. I'm sorry, but people like you need to disappear from these games if you are anything like the guy in that video. That reaction was obviously forced, and cringe as hell. He, like you, is looking for any excuse to hate the content within the game. Go play something that agrees with you, and doesn't make your "skin crawl". I'm tired of companies and governments alike listening to fools that see the evil in everything, but hypocritically never look in the mirror when you do or say something that is even morally questionable. You are a minority of a minority, and yet you are always the loudest.

[Edit] I didn't see that second clip. You were right, they mentioned age. But honestly, I'm passed the point of caring. Your attitude on here has pissed me off for almost an entire year, and I don't care enough to pretend a fictional characters age matters anymore. I don't care about it in the anime I watch, and I sure as hell don't care about it in the games I play. As long as the story is good, and pulls me in, and good triumphs evil, that's all I care about.

If your only argument relies upon misrepresenting what I have posted about, I ask you to move on. I do not care about your 'anti-censorship' crusade and I should not give you, someone that has made multiple transphobic and generally bigoted comments, this much attention to begin with. You are literally a man-child that blocked me and openly talked about how you blocked me in a passive-aggressive manner while replying to people that replied to posts I made. All because I DARED to say the cut bathing scene with Hitsugi, Kohri and Al was justified being removed due to them being underage and it being sexual in nature.

To close, if you only care about the game being what you listed at the end of your edit, then why do you even care about what I said? Or are you going to contradict yourself by saying they're just drawings/3d models/etc. despite how it's clear the threat of a sexualized 15 year old being changed/removed evoked quite a response from you. So I say again, move on.

To close, if you only care about the game being what you listed at the end of your edit, then why do you even care about what I said? Or are you going to contradict yourself by saying they're just drawings/3d models/etc. despite how it's clear the threat of a sexualized 15 year old being changed/removed evoked quite a response from you.

The response comes from years of dealing with people like you, causing Japanese artists to pull away from western audiences, or never bring their respective content outside of their country. They don't like being censored, and I don't like people like you proving their point. Why do you really think it took so long to get a western release? People like you on Twitter, that are overly critical, or sensitive and judgemental of the wrong things. How about instead of being a keyboard warrior, you use your energy on real trafficking cases? Oh, that's right, because you only care about what you can see, you don't care about real issues that bubble beneath the surface of society, and would instead attack things, seemingly at random, because you think you will produce real change.

Say you do get your way, and people like you gain full control over every medium, be it movies, tv, music, or games etc. Do you really think that will change laws, or make humanity better as a whole? Those mediums provide an escape from reality, and the fact that you throw real world issues into an escape, I find ridiculous. I don't think forcing people to conform to what you believe to be morally right through their escapes, will make anyone better.

In fact, people are only doing what's right, or are doing what's best for them to get ahead in life, and typically both cause you to walk separate paths. How many people would actually do what's right if there were no laws for instance? You'd find a striking minority would be good people, while the rest would exist in morally a grey, or evil area. And I'd believe you'd fall in that grey area. That's my issue with you, and people with your mentality, you hold yourselves above all others, and pretend to be something you are not, and it sickens me.

I did not realize until I saw this post, maybe you are the one with the dirty mind? Anyway, I don't like that they are heroines again (at least not very young), with their friendship dialogues and stuff, does it feel too unreal? (It's a fantasy game, but give it a bit of reality, I think Feel better?). At least I hope their personalities are very different from the current ones (matoi, the redhead and Luuter's sister) and with more creative dialogues than a generic 50IQ anime:D

@Chantro said in Stop sexualizing 15 year olds. (NGS):

I did not realize until I saw this post, maybe you are the one with the dirty mind? Anyway, I don't like that they are heroines again (at least not very young), with their friendship dialogues and stuff, does it feel too unreal? (It's a fantasy game, but give it a bit of reality, I think Feel better?). At least I hope their personalities are very different from the current ones (matoi, the redhead and Luuter's sister) and with more creative dialogues than a generic 50IQ anime:D

Was doing the primordial darkness Urgent. Otherwise I'd have replied sooner. And I liked Matoi, she fit her character design, but I feel like the dialogue could have been a bit better between our character, and her, but it wasn't cringe. And Harriet could have been done better. Her soul being ripped from her body could have been played on more. Like maybe her soul was torn, with a piece left behind, something defeating Shiva would have fixed, otherwise her soul would fade. Something to add to the sense of urgency would have been nice. But that's moot as it's older content, and they are effectively moving onto NGS. But overall, there is nothing wrong with the new characters in NGS. They looked interesting, and I hope the wrighting is better for the characters this time around. They definitely have a need to be better grounded within the universe they populate.

I was expecting some of these will appear, first of all that Stream happened in Japan so before going throwing the no sexualizing XX age do a little search to see what is the consent age there, their culture is different from the west so the same standards here don't apply there.

second is a fictional character so age for then is just a number that can be changed at any moment after all is not a real person so the bios can be changed for whatever they want so no is not pedophilia or anything you want to say.

@IAMCRAIG I am sorry to hear that you feel offended by the last stream on which Aina is revealed. We truly understand your concern here and we will let the relevant department review any information presented during the stream. For now, to avoid any hostility  I will be closing this thread. Thank you.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Stop sexualizing 15 year olds. (NGS):

For anyone reading: The context here is that Anarchy Marine is upset that people feel 15 year olds (or younger) should not be sexualized for adult men and women to lust over (Sega's target audience are people that can roll on their gacha, which costs a significant amount of money) and cannot understand why people would be disgusted/feels people should be okay with this.

But actually, why are you so adamant about seeing 15-16 year olds and children half naked? Why are you okay with men in their 30's commenting on how they find a 15 year old attractive, or that said 15 year old is presented in a sexual way? Why do you feel like you are being oppressed by this? The thing that kicked off the initial unending threads about censorship were due to the two cut scenes from episode 4 (they're on youtube for anyone curious, but to summarize they're literally just kohri perving on al and hitsgui, with the second one with them being at the public bath) and then later how hitsugi in a cutscene was changed from wearing nothing (except for smart inner, but due to the camera angle you would only know that from looking at the files themselves) to wearing her school outfit while inside her own mind after a near-death experience.

So please explain to me why you felt sexualizing these underage characters was okay?

Also for your lawlessness analogy, you are actually incredibly wrong about having people devolve into being 'evil' or living in a morally gray area. That's literally Hollywood writing to spice up their films. In times of disaster people more often than not band together and help eachother. Otherwise what you're saying would mean the majority of the people of the planet feel no empathy.

Or maybe I'm wrong and you're basing it off of internet forums and online games? In that case you are still very wrong; it is harder for people process that someone on the other side of the monitor are actually just that, people, due to a lack of a physical, tangible presence. You can confirm what I've written with a couple of quick google inquiries as well.