Discontinuation of Mission Pass Gold Ticket

This could mean either one of two things:

A: the mission pass will be completely free

or

B: they're going to abandon the mission pass system

Sadly they didn't feel the need to further clarify what this is going to mean for the game from this point onward as there are items which are very important for endgame progression locked behind this system.

Clarification is seriously needed here. I've been waiting ages for a rerun of one Cast set from pre-PC launch. Can't trade Mission Pass items either so no obtaining it from someone that doesn't use it anymore.

This is a really awful move in general though. NGS is going to be void of content for a while like all MMOs at launch. Why are they gutting PSO2's replayability when it's going to be sorely needed for the first few months?

Can we at least make Mission Pass items tradeable for those that missed out? I swear, Sega is just piling on reasons to never spend money on their multiplayer games again.

Edit: Make Fresh Finds tradeable too. I'm sure there's plenty of people waiting for a rerun that has yet to appear. I should have seen the writing on the wall when they introduced all these systems to lock cosmetics off from people. Should have stayed on JP...

@Sunnyside45 Yeah, it is a bit odd. People are speculating that this, like JP removing shop tickets from the FUN scratch, is a move to prepare for NGS.

Personally, I think N-Mission Pass is pretty likely: IIRC, it was on global first and then added to jp after, so it's rather easy to assume that they had data from global and said "yes, this is a good idea, let's do it", and if that is the case, I don't see any reason why they'd stop for NGS. Or, they could have been planning to release it on jp all along, and global happened to get it first thanks to the circumstances, and they have just now decided "that was a horrible idea! let's stop now". It's probably still the former, though.

Hopefully at least one of these two things happen:

• The final mission pass is entirely missing/old mission pass reruns
  • All mission pass content gets put into the mission pass badge shop, and NGS will continue to award mission passes that can be used in PSO2 (assuming N-Mission Pass will exist)

I know there's several people on this forum who probably just had a heart attack reading this topic. If nothing else, I'm hoping one of the two above come true for their sake.

Now what's really weird is that they're planning to exchange extra gold tickets for EX triboost 250s (on jp, at least). If I had extra gold tickets I'd want my SG that I used to get it back, not whatever random item sega feels like giving me...

@GM-Deynger or whoever, This needs some serious explanations on what is actually going on, cause this could mean drastically different things depending on which way it ends up swinging. Like @Sunnyside45 said, unless there are other ways of obtaining some of the items from past passes added in, this means several UNTRADEABLE emotes/cast parts/accessories/weapon camos/and costumes are just going to be completely gone with zero ways of obtaining them.

You can't just leave it at "due to upcoming changes" and not expect people to get upset at the lack of info. As for a possible fix for it, they could leave in the tier missions but instead of points towards the pass tiers, it could reward mission medals, which can be taken to the mission badge exchange which can have everything that was in the mission pass in it, though make them all tradable.

I'd like my SG back for the Mission Pass Gold Tickets that I have on hand.

If they do away with Mission Pass, that also means no more Mission Pass Badges, and there are some useful things in that shop like the augment capsules and some consumables/currency items.

Not to mention a lot of items were missed out for those who came in after the Steam release, and these items have not been brought back or they were only partially brought back (only allowing character bind, instead of account binding).

Mission Pass Season 15 ends on 27/28 April. Exactly four weeks after that is 25/26 May so this coincides with the end of a probable Season 16. JP are ending Mission Pass on PSO2 so it seems reasonable to expect Global will be as well. If so we may also surmise that Tier Missions are going to be deactivated and permanently greyed out as Limited-Time Missions usually are.

Whether this is to make way for a New Genesis Mission Pass or another content mechanism is a little unclear; I do think it'd be a bit much for New Genesis to be without Mission Pass, FUN Scratch or a new replacement since they are free or freemium offerings that give much of the game's activity and content-earning routes for F2P or subscription-style players.

On the Global side particularly the loss of these without a replacement would come as a bit of a pacing shock alongside the conclusion of the content rush we've been in for around a year now. We don't want Global players reviewing New Genesis negatively in the weeks following its release by saying there's nothing to do!

But this has just been announced. I'm sure they have regular activities and a persistent gameplay loop planned for New Genesis and it makes sense to hold that back to include it as part of the pre-release hype they should be doing, just as it makes sense to announce the termination of Gold Ticket items ASAP to prevent people buying them unnecessarily. It's just unfortunate that two sensible related actions cause concern for existing players.

The bigger question is what happens to a lot of content that will now become permanently unavailable, with revivals in Mission Pass itself no longer possible. This is particularly troublesome for Global as our Mission Pass focused on cosmetics far more than JP and with items that were not only tradable on JP but several of which have recently returned in a permanent Weapons Badge exchange.

Obviously I'd like to see all items get switched over to being tradable and either added to the same permanent sources as JP enjoys or a permanent Mission Badge exchange with Mission Badges being rolled into regular PSO2 gameplay loop rewards (the simplest methods being to make them regular uncommon drops or available by exchanging another permanent token item like EX-Cubes). This would finally, finally, end several PC players' issues with never having been able to get certain items from Seasons 1-3 too.

Most importantly, whatever this paves the way for when it comes to New Genesis content, it also provides a golden opportunity for JP and Global to get it in the same form with no more splitting of where content comes from and whether it is tradable. I'm really hopeful this is the case because "JP have this item easier/cheaper/better than us!" is a complaint that always hurts to see and it's be peachy if it wasn't a thing in New Genesis.

I assume there are 2 possibilities:

1. They add the caps + cosmetics to RWB5s shop, and everyone is fine with it.
  2. They say "fuck it", do nothing, and we get like 3 or 4 threads on here tagging GMs complaining.

@NIC said in Discontinuation of Mission Pass Gold Ticket:

They add the caps + cosmetics to RWB5s shop, and everyone is fine with it.

Thinking aloud, do we have many permanent quests that drop RWB5 (and presumably Weapons Badge 2021 on the JP side)? I mostly remember getting them as regular drops in temporary quests (in particular Swirling Inferno) and from Rainbow bonus keys which are limited to when they're distributed and themselves may become extinct.

@Miraglyth said in Discontinuation of Mission Pass Gold Ticket:

They add the caps + cosmetics to RWB5s shop, and everyone is fine with it.

Thinking aloud, do we have many permanent quests that drop RWB5 (and presumably Weapons Badge 2021 on the JP side)? I mostly remember getting them as regular drops in temporary quests (in particular Swirling Inferno) and from Rainbow bonus keys which are limited to when they're distributed and themselves may become extinct.

I assume we have triggers that drop them, no? All it would take is to update a shop. Technically they could also go with Unique Weapon Badges.

I assume we have triggers that drop them, no?

Triggers that themselves need Rising Weapons Badges on Global and I'm not sure are so easy to come by on JP with the exception of those available through the Alliance Shop. Global also tends to get 1-4 per day in Fresh Finds* which either costs 1-5 million meseta or Star Gems which would make getting enough RWB5s to afford Mission Badge items quite expensive compared to present time, and for newer players in particular.

* Quick note that we have no guarantee Fresh Finds will persist into New Genesis either so this may close off that Global-only avenue for triggers and also eliminate the possibility of the return of more cosmetics that are not tradable on Global only (including several that PC players were never able to get, with the obvious nod to Sudsy Style). But that'd be a hurdle best discussed separately if and when it happens later on.

All that said, it would be a nice bit of cross-game promotion if New Genesis content provided Mission Badges to be spent in a permanent exchange for Mission Pass content in base PSO2. They've really got some opportunity to leverage the game's content history here.

This effectively shuts out newer players from farming sg from endgame pso2 content. Mission badges are essential for endgame affixes. Doesn't look like were getting sg support at this rate either. You kinda want these affixes unless you can get carried by an older pso2 player that tryharded to get them before this happened.

@Miraglyth said in Discontinuation of Mission Pass Gold Ticket:

JP are ending Mission Pass on PSO2 so it seems reasonable to expect Global will be as well.

Where did the bit about JP totally ending their MP come from? Because though anything's possible, I'd like to think that if JP specified a total MP death but global only specified the death of Gold, that it was an intentional distinction. Since after all, the MP in Global and JP serve pretty different purposes (and Global's came first), so I could see a scenario where they just throw old outfits at us in the Global MP under the guise of "whatever, it's old stuff, don't make them spend SG anymore" but don't want to bother with making gold paths for an obsolete system, and just yank the more basic impl of the JP side entirely since they already got the outfits without the MP and their MP was pretty basic.

The only thing that really makes me wonder about this is the mission badge shop, which lets us get augments for badges, and I can't really see them giving us access to it when JP can't get any more mission badges for it. They could always make alternate methods to get mission badges, though, since I'd also be kind of surprised if they made gear harder to obtain for JP after the move to NGS.

@Akonyl said in Discontinuation of Mission Pass Gold Ticket:

Where did the bit about JP totally ending their MP come from?

@LusterMain linked it in the topic's first reply:

According to JP, it appears they are no longer making mission passes.