All we need now is the GFX Update.

The broadcast earlier today was great. All I'm looking for now is just when global getting our GFX update. Would be nice if they could give us a hint.

they kind of did gave a hint

Sem título.jpg

@Jamesmor Man I hope so. Here's hoping!

@Jamesmor Couldn't those campaigns just as easily be the type that give rewards out a few weeks later though, instead of at compaign completion? Since we've also still got the twitter campaign that's going to be dumping old-type cosmetics on us at the end of May, could be this update doesn't dump the NGS accessories/emotes on us until June or so.

@Akonyl that's why I said that kind of did, yes the campaigns can give the rewards later on but with the date that will start is pretty sure we gonna get the new engine in that period.

What we really need is CM3...

I think the update that just went out gives a pretty good hint too: https://www.pso2.com/news/announcements/missionfounders0423

The mission pass (gold) is being killed on the May 25th maint, along with purchasable DLC packs that contain PSO2 outfits at the same date. So, sounds like May 25th is as good a date as any for the graphical switch.

@Akonyl I don't think it gonna happen in that date because the shadow crossover event of SAO that we only found out inside the game and unless they decide to update the models of that event then don't expect the new engine.

@Jamesmor yeah, though it looks like it's hitting on May 12, which'd give 2 weeks for it if the update was on the 25th, which doesn't sound entirely unreasonable. Looking at Bumped, apparently it lasted 3 weeks on JP, so possible they just condense it for Global like they have a decent chunk of things.

Though if they stick to the "maint every 2 weeks schedule" it's possible it'd be on June 8th too, since they're giving us a benchmark with a char creator attached, maybe they figure they don't have to give us the actual in-game update very long before NGS actually hits either, since we'd be able to tweak our chars + check our specs regardless.

@Zeik said in All we need now is the GFX Update.:

All we need now is the GFX Update.

We are still missing a few things like:

• The third Challenge Mode quest and the addition to the Challenge Miles exchange.
  • The 50,000 weekly AP earning cap (which my alliance would have really benefit from if it had been added a month or two back given we're still raising the EXP boost and I've personally lost a ton of AP from exceeding the 4,500 cap).
  • The Coated Weapon exchange.
  • Edit: That 13★ unit to EX-Cube exchange, derp...

All of these and probably more I've forgotten about would be notably useful and for Global to never get them would be completely senseless.

Updates we need from order of importance:

• SG Support Scratch
  • Rose Skewer Weapon/Camo
  • CM3
  • Cradle updated to include badges
  • Graphical Update
  • Level 200 Sodam
  • 13 star unit exchange
  • Coated Weapon Exchange
  • 50k AP Cap

The permanent AC and SG scratches too, now you remind me about scratches.

@Miraglyth said in All we need now is the GFX Update.:

The permanent AC and SG scratches too, now you remind me about scratches.

I didn't include those because I assumed we would get those trickled in week-by-week once the graphical update hit. With those it's not "will we get them?" it's "when will we get them?" - which I assumed was "whenever the fuck we are getting the graphical update"

@NIC said in All we need now is the GFX Update.:

I didn't include those because I assumed we would get those trickled in week-by-week once the graphical update hit. With those it's not "will we get them?" it's "when will we get them?"

What's the dependency there? Permanent scratches are about retaining or restoring the accessibility of old-physique content not related to the engine update.

For Permanent SG Scratch in particular I think there is some room for doubt since the contents of JP's Permanent SG Scratch includes items Global never got. Not voice tickets, but the one SG Scratch that never got rolled into a combination, which includes content like the layered wear versions of Lark Barbatos and Ilois Acuria that Global only had in costume form via Mission Pass, and music discs I'm pretty sure Global has never seen. Additionally their SG Swap Shop exchange works a little differently and it's unclear if Global would retool its scratch bonuses or take on the JP model of exchanging 25 items for a ticket that lets you choose a prize (I hope we do).

Those permanent scratches suck anyway, as they're just a selection of stuff. Most stuff is still going to be unobtainable. I really wish they did a better system.

The CAST Scratch is especially weird, giving out every CAST set, but only in one colour variation (some are CV, some are not), which means if you need another variation, you're SOL.