Will the Global Closed Beta also be okay to stream/upload videos about?

I know it seemed fine with the Japanese version, but I can't seem to find anything on the Global site so if anyone knows if it's been mentioned (or feels it would likely be the same), that would be helpful ^^;

Unless there's an official NDA notice in event information on game startup, streaming should be fine.

The JP devs put the invisible wall baby locks on the unfinished zones to restrict where JP could test.

Main goals should be testing latency and server performance.

Graphical and other issue fixes are already underway on JP's live engine update.

I'd presume streaming, while shuddering the FPS a bit, helps the devs who look through report clips of issues.

CBT contains no Story Mode to spoil.

If you think about it, making videos and streaming would just serve as free advertisement for NGS.

From what I looked up and read they want you to disclose some information (clearing stating that the game is beta and could change) I can't find the ToS they mention at all thought https://ngs.pso2.com/cbt/copyright this page talks about it a bit but I can't find the ToS they mention at all sadly

@Weirdo said in Will the Global Closed Beta also be okay to stream/upload videos about?:

If you think about it, making videos and streaming would just serve as free advertisement for NGS.

Just as long as you make it clear the game is in beta and all the bugs will likely get patched out by the time it goes live. That's the tricky thing about betas. Based on what HosiPlays said though, it seems they're already aware of this.

They're definitely smarter than the publishers who stick NDAs on betas just because they don't want people seeing how buggy they are... Course AAA publishers who stick NDAs on review copies (aka "review embargoes") especially have something to hide.

@Mattwo7 Yeah hopefully they fix the ToS link , it seems it isn't working (that site should have a link to ToS in the copyright section but nothing works) But for the most part it tells you word for word what to put in the description or title of your videos/livestreams etc...

IE- Don't claim PSO2 NGS as yours, and don't make merchandise cash off SEGA's property with the screenshot function.

And follow standard copyright rules of the streaming service.

• These guidelines are only for the Closed β Test, and may be subject to change in the future services.

(Established on April 21, 2021)

The extra bit about hiding player names is kind of hard to do on a live test server, so use the in-game camera for screenshots if you don't want to read through the logistics.

There are no restrictions for streaming/recording for this CBT.

If you have any questions just ask Fred on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fwhite319/status/1385364870015553540?s=19

Hope that helps.