What the CBT signup process looks like

Since the Xbox Insider Hub app is unresponsive I figured I'd help share some information in case it might help alleviate the concerns of some users who managed to click a Join button but are unsure if they got in:

1. PSO2 New Genesis Closed Beta shows up in Preview tab

1f432ca9-736e-4bd7-9bb9-7e1e9b54bd41-image.png

Clicking this loaded a new page.

2. Summary page and Join button

ee864bfd-70df-4e04-91a6-d58676f78df7-image.png

A long description mostly sharing some text with the website announcement with a Join button at the bottom. This button alone was probably not sufficient to get into the closed beta, as it loaded a popup on top:

3. Confirmation screen

f640a0c1-861c-49fc-8afe-68bb08392d20-image.png

A simple large popup with Cancel and Continue buttons. Clicking this made the popup disappear and returned to the Summary page from step 2 with the Join button greyed out. Some users reported it saying "Pending" at this point.

If this page loaded, the button changed to say Manage (which presumably gave the option to leave the beta). If it didn't, or if users clicked the back button in the top left, Xbox Insider Hub reverted to the main screen from step 1.

3a. Manage

7359b9bb-eebf-493e-9022-bb67be63ad73-image.png

Confirming the above; the summary screen will update its Join button to say Manage.

3b. Manage popup

02e9f627-d950-4bd0-a5e3-e3ed84e6c72e-image.png

If you click the Manage button it'll open another popup. As expected this only provides an option to leave the beta. Do not click Leave preview. Just click Save - or ideally, don't click the Manage button in the first place because it doesn't help any!

4. Beta shows as Joined

1f271164-ba03-4479-838b-58206f362c79-image.png

Either way, if the app was still responsive, some users got to see the Closed Beta listed in the Joined section of the Previews tab. Clicking into this could get them back to the summary screen from step 2 with the Manage button, but by this point the app was pretty much dead to everyone.

What does this mean?

I expect anyone who saw the listing in the Joined section, and anyone who clicked the Continue button from step 3 and had their packet received before the Xbox Insider App died, have made it in. Moreover, anyone who did not make it to click that Continue button probably hasn't.

The question now is what this means. It's the Xbox Insider Hub that's collapsed under the weight of strenuous activity; it could be that the signups are nowhere near hitting the quota. This means that if and when the app starts working again, anyone present at the time may be able to join the beta still.

Sadly the only advice I can give on that front is to keep trying until either the app works again or Sega announce that signups are full so there's no longer any point in trying. And yes I know the former will contribute to the problem but sadly the nature of this means if you try to be generous and stop trying to get in, you'll increase your chances of missing out if there are still openings but only a few left.

Hopefully these screens are useful. Good luck everyone.

I love how you use this synical sense of gloating to everyone in the nicest way possible.

@Sakesubaki said in What the CBT signup process looks like:

I love how you use this synical sense of gloating to everyone in the nicest way possible.

Honestly not my intention. This mess freaking sucks and I know people who aren't sure if they got in. I'm trying to help people work out if they did or not to either provide peace of mind or prevent them thinking they did if they clicked Join without Continue and potentially missing out if there's a period of time to sign up after the Hub comes back online while they'd otherwise have gone offline.

If there's anything in my message that struck you as gloaty please let me know and I'll remove it ASAP.

@Sakesubaki Miraglyths literal only concern is getting the participation trinket

The damage has been done, I doubt that any retraction would fix anything at this point.

@Laep said in What the CBT signup process looks like:

Miraglyths literal only concern

If that were true this topic would not exist.

@Sakesubaki said in What the CBT signup process looks like:

I doubt that any retraction would fix anything at this point.

No really. If anything in the post was unintentionally gloaty please let me know! I've read through it again and I'm confident it's neutrally worded and as detailed as I've got the information to provide but I'm not always the best judge of these things. I will act on any issues you have with it.

Bro, they salty af. Just let them be. Your post was simply just informative, nothing more.

Its simply an informative post I see no gloating here

same, don't see any here, simply an informative process on getting in

@Miraglyth said in What the CBT signup process looks like:

I expect anyone who saw the listing in the Joined section, and anyone who clicked the Continue button from step 3 and had their packet received before the Xbox Insider App died, have made it in. Moreover, anyone who did not make it to click that Continue button probably hasn't.

yep i can confirm that you actually joined after finishing step 3 (if you get an error after clicking continue youre most probably not in yet so you gotta keep trying) even if they "did not fix it" yet you can still somehow get through if you are extremely lucky and keep reloading the app

if you manage to get into the app and manage to click on pso2 ngs sign up you might (or probably 100% will) face more errors...just keep trying itll go through eventually (you will not et kicked out of the app after more errors occure - you will just have to retry the current step youre on)

Others have shared screens of the screen you get after clicking Manage. As expected it's just an option to leave the beta. I've added this to the opening post.

@JuggernautGTX said in What the CBT signup process looks like:

if you get an error after clicking continue youre most probably not in yet

My Joined screen came after I got an error after clicking Continue - reviewing my recording, I didn't see Pending or Manage. Though it can fail in two separate parts (the request sent when you click Continue, and the Insider Hub's response) so I suspect it failed on the latter for me.

@Miraglyth ya i got about 50+ errors after clicking continue where it didn count until it actually worked and i got the nice lil manage symbol...one of my friends signed up super early like you and hes in too even after it crashed

Turns out I was in all along, I had gotten in when it was sent to pending back at 12:58 🆒

It looks like it's just had an uplift in accessibility. Some friends who've been trying for hours have just made it through at last. I've quickly popped in to confirm my own access (I'm still in) and collect the remaining screenshots to update the opening post.

For those unaware, it now seems that the CBT will likely switch to a lottery based system if they get too many people signed up. Therefore, it is no longer guaranteed that people will get a spot in the CBT.