Don't make us buy scratch tickets for PSO2 clothing updated for NGS.

We already have gone through your gacha hell once, don't spit in our faces and make us have to do it again to get moveable fingers. Sell the clothing at a low price and make them always available.

The naked greed of Sega is enough to make a whale like me blanch and is enough to make me seriously reconsider my spending habits, especially when the whole scratch ticket system is virtual gambling and predatory.

they gonna make us buy the stuff again, the models are not update versions of the one that exist they are new models with the new body type and yes Sega did that on purpose for 1 money and 2 less work than just update every single model that already exist in the game.

@Jamesmor said in Don't make us buy scratch tickets for PSO2 clothing updated for NGS.:

they gonna make us buy the stuff again, the models are not update versions of the one that exist they are new models with the new body type and yes Sega did that on purpose for 1 money and 2 less work than just update every single model that already exist in the game.

Yes and that is why I made this post. Please be constructive.

@IAMCRAIG is already too late with the new engine that came in Japan they started doing this so you can expect the same to happen here.

Do not buy the current ones? I stopped doing it and only buy accessories (when I buy scratches I sell the costumes):D

@Chantro said in Don't make us buy scratch tickets for PSO2 clothing updated for NGS.:

Do not buy the current ones? I stopped doing it and only buy accessories (when I buy scratches I sell the costumes):D

It's a little late for that when Sega knew they were going to do this when they released global, but didn't reveal NGS until months later (and not being able to mix any clothing from PSO2 with NGS until very recently!).

It honestly was a scummy move by them.

they might be doing it anyway, but it's still worth shouting out wherever they might be listening to say we don't like it.

SEGA should charge for updated PSO2 clothing in NGS. Selling cosmetics is a major source of income for SEGA in PSO2. SEGA is working to create the updated clothing. SEGA should be compensated for their work.

As far as claiming SEGA is being greedy, I disagree. I believe the players are being greedy by demanding even more for free, when SEGA is being incredibly generous.

NGS can easily be considered a new game, separate from PSO2. But instead of making it a separate game, SEGA is allowing players to keep their existing characters and all of their existing cosmetics and take them into NGS to continue to use, fee of charge. That's amazing. I've never heard of another game company being so thoughtful and generous to players as that.

If you want new updated cosmetics, you should pay for them.

@FatedCake930942 If you want to pay scum for screwing you over, that's your business. They aren't making anything out of generosity, but to rake in money from chumps who thanks them for it. Enjoy, chump.

@Yggranya Thank you, I will enjoy it. Your comment is devoid of any message other than cynicism, which I find unconvincing. People are getting hung up on the idea that they "already paid" for these cosmetics, so they're entitled to them. But they didn't. They paid for the original versions, which they may continue to use. Now SEGA is making NEW versions. If people don't think the updated versions are worth their money, they don't have to buy them. Vote with your wallet. I recognize the updated outfits have value to me, and I'm willing to pay for them. I'm happy SEGA is making them, so I can have my favorites updated. So yes, thank you SEGA!

Hence why I brought up the solution of being able to pay to 'upgrade' them to NGS versions rather than having to go through the awful gacha system again, FatedCake. Rigging stuff to new models IS significant work, but not to the point of forcing customers to buy the updated version again at full value.

Well, not buy, GAMBLE to get the same item again so you can have movable fingers and use the Nu-Emotes coming out that utilize them.

Having recently dipped my toes into the game VRchat, I will say this right now: even without a vr headset, its fashion and social game is far, FAR ahead of PSO2's and even what we have been shown in NGS so far.

Hell, even the censorship crew on the forums would love it because as long as you don't bring anything NSFW into public worlds you can do whatever the hell you want and be any size you want.

We're not getting value even remotely equivalent to what we pay into PSO2 and we're getting asked to spend significantly more money for updated cosmetics.

They are a business, any forethought of the customer was left at the door. They only look out for what is best for their coffers and whatever artists bodies they have to tread across to keep the money rolling in they will do just that. The RNG based drawings are just a bonus otherwise they'd just sell the outfits in packs but they make more by games of chance. I'm grateful for the "insurance tickets" but... after so many scratches those even run out.

A pay to upgrade without gambling does actually sound like a good idea

@Thyx said in Don't make us buy scratch tickets for PSO2 clothing updated for NGS.:

They are a business, any forethought of the customer was left at the door. They only look out for what is best for their coffers and whatever artists bodies they have to tread across to keep the money rolling in they will do just that. The RNG based drawings are just a bonus otherwise they'd just sell the outfits in packs but they make more by games of chance. I'm grateful for the "insurance tickets" but... after so many scratches those even run out.

Yes and do you know what makes them rethink decisions? Discussing the problem and making a big stink about it! Once there's a very real risk of their bottom line being hurt, corporations tend to do a 180. One example being when SG initially was introduced in PSO2 on JP servers I believe. The problem is getting enough people to shake off their apathy to actually start making a corp sweat.

@IAMCRAIG I've played MMOs for awhile now... You have alot of spirit but in reality the business comes first, until they start seeing their decisions have negative effects on their income it's a moot point. Sadly alot of desire drives people's wallets. It is an endless cycle. As for this SG story the AC to SG transfer ratio is still udder garbage but guess which is going away for NGS.