anyone play NGS? few questions

does it have better options for symbol arts? Like setting to friends only?

is friend system improved? In PSO2 if u delete friend you remain on their list which leads to stalking

This doesn't answer your questions but just wanted to say I do like the friends only idea for symbol arts. I ended up disabling it but would like to use the feature with friends at least.

@Sega-Genesis said in anyone play NGS? few questions:

is friend system improved? In PSO2 if u delete friend you remain on their list which leads to stalking

Really? Well this shines new light into an encouter on ship 4 i had where someone sent me a friend request just as i was going to my personal room. Afterwards they sent me a message saying something along the lines of "since we look the same, we're are friends now". Good thing i didn't just mash buttons, so i declined it and put them on the block list.

More on topic, GW2 has a system where someone can put you on their friend list without your consent and then they will see your location. You can't do anything about it, except put your online status as "offline", since blocking them does not remove you from their friend list. This is not a problem for me, but other people who have actual friends in game might and arena net has done nothing about it, although stalking someone is even easier with that terrible "system". NGS would be the perfect opportunity for such improvements, but i wouldn't hold my breath.

I don't think anyone can answer those questions now because New Genesis only had 2 closed betas so far with a pretty short duration so not everything can be tested out in the period also because it were beta tests everything can be changed.

@Yggranya said in anyone play NGS? few questions:

Really? Well this shines new light into an encouter on ship 4 i had where someone sent me a friend request just as i was going to my personal room. Afterwards they sent me a message saying something along the lines of "since we look the same, we're are friends now". Good thing i didn't just mash buttons, so i declined it and put them on the block list.

More on topic, GW2 has a system where someone can put you on their friend list without your consent and then they will see your location. You can't do anything about it, except put your online status as "offline", since blocking them does not remove you from their friend list. This is not a problem for me, but other people who have actual friends in game might and arena net has done nothing about it, although stalking someone is even easier with that terrible "system". NGS would be the perfect opportunity for such improvements, but i wouldn't hold my breath.

Sounds like a valid reason to me. Mind you Ive been on Ship 4 too long.

does it have better options for symbol arts? Like setting to friends only?

Never had a moment where I deleted a friend but the system seemed the same as base PSO2, same with symbol arts.

I'm pretty sure its the same.