Question about the windows 10 and xbox incentives event

Does anyone know if we are able to get the windows 10 and xbox incentives event even if we play the steam version ? like would i have to transfer the account over to it like we were able to do with steam ?

No you need to play on the MS store or xbox version to get the rewards. If you play the steam version then you need to link your steam account with your MS account. It should work like ot did when combining a MS account with steam account, but vice versa.

You need to play the game as the Microsoft Store installation; you'll know you are if you see the Xbox account name in the bottom left on the title screen.

The event definitely only works on this version of the game; I've received several of the daily login rewards in my visiphone only after logging in with it and not when logging in earlier in the same day with a Steam install and a linked account. The Recommended Quests part of the campaign has a delayed reward distribution but there's no reason to expect that will be any different.

I originally came from the windows 10 version but linked it to steam after so i guess that means i gotta link my account back to it now ?

@AxelYuki-0 not need you already did it when started playing via Steam so you can access the game using both methods.

@AxelYuki-0 said in Question about the windows 10 and xbox incentives event:

I originally came from the windows 10 version but linked it to steam

You should be good to go already; so long as you're still logged into the same Microsoft account on the Microsoft Store, starting the game using that should retain the same link.

@AxelYuki-0 said in Question about the windows 10 and xbox incentives event:

I originally came from the windows 10 version but linked it to steam after so i guess that means i gotta link my account back to it now ?

If that's the case all you have to do is re-download it for Xbox or MS store then play like you normally would.

Oh ok i'll reinstall the game then thanks everyone for the help!