Arks appreciation event.

https://pso2.com/news/announcements/arksappreciationevent0421

In case someone didn't catch it yet. Just want to say thanks to Microaoft and the team for bringing this game to the rest if the world. The event is appreciated and look forward to NGS!

@Miraglyth and there's your huge amount of SG, much more than JP I would say.

Glad to see all the SG rewards and the emotes aren't bad. Some of the accessories look cool, too. Sad they won't be account unlockable.

These weapon camos are straight from the Photon Booster exchange shop. lol

@Ryoga said in Arks appreciation event.:

You are not supposed to notice that, but at least everything else is useful or not from an NPC shop.

A lot of people gonna be trapped in Tokyo and RQ4 soon.

This is exciting! Those emotes look amazing, Iโ€™ll participate for sure.

@Ryoga said in Arks appreciation event.:

The SG, accessories and emotes is what everyone is looking at. So much stuff it's insane.

@HarmlessSyan said in Arks appreciation event.:

@Miraglyth and there's your huge amount of SG, much more than JP I would say.

Rather, this basically catches us up with how much less we'd been getting this year.

Leaving aside the contest entries which are probably a very low chance, 1800 of the 2300 (78%) listed here is from the same level 100 class campaign JP got. I'd be remiss not to mention that Global players once again have less time to qualify; JP had 161 days between the level 100 cap and the end of their campaign (02 Dec to 12 May) whereas Global only gets 120 (02 Feb to 02 Jun).

Moreover when JP got the level 100 cap Global didn't even have the level 95 cap yet so several Global players are going to have more sub-95 classes than JP who had the 95 cap before Global's closed beta. Any Global player caught out and unable to level like crazy in 6 weeks is going to automatically miss at least 600 SG which is more than the rest of the SG from the other campaigns combined. Fortunately that craziness is aided by the SUPER BOOST CAMPAIGN! also announced today (more on that below).

Much of the remaining 500 (alongside other SG campaigns recently - JP had a 40 SG survey too for instance) are largely matched by other JP campaigns too. And I mean that literally because it's worth noting how several of these campaigns mirror recent JP ones:

• LOG-IN REWARDS! has 50 SG for 3 days, Carnation for 5 days and Dance 41 for 10 days. That's the same as JP's PSO2 Memorial Campaign but with Rappy Suit Mini: Purple and Matoi Chain on top.

• COMPLETE RECOMMENDED QUESTS! is a dead ringer for JP's Rainbow Key Get Campaign! that is just ending.

• SUPER BOOST CAMPAIGN! is similarly a dead ringer for JP's Special Memorial Boost!; notably this is a repeat campaign from January so it's nice that we're starting to get in on that in time for the level 100 campaign.

• Our recent 40 SG survey happened on JP too.

• JP also have a retweet campaign going on, albeit with a different reward set.

Honestly this is good and should really be its own discussion point. It feels like we're getting closer to parity with campaigns. I do look forward to New Genesis when we hopefully have everything run concurrently as well so this never has to be questioned or doubted again.

And yes the SG is surely more SG than JP have had in any one announcement but that's largely because it lumps 4-6 weeks together to broadly catch us up on the JP campaigns like Star Gem Get Campaign, Daily Login SG and Complete Tasks, Get SG that totalled 960 in a 4 weeks but were announced separately.

In any case this is largely irrelevant until we get Permanent SG Scratch confirmed; as things stand for any item on that list JP players are paying 1200 less SG per item as standard and 1840 less (640 on top of normal) during the 30% discount campaign. Or I could just mention that even if Global did get 400 extra SG sometime, that'd be offset by one Fresh Finds purchase...

Steps in the right direction though, for sure! Overall I think this brings us pretty much level on the balance of 2021 and this does resolve my recent complaints about SG supply. ๐Ÿ‘

Honestly when I saw the announcement my first talking point wasn't about SG or the level 100 campaign at all because for the first time in a while another much more legacy issue has seen some positive movement.

• In GET YOUR TWEET ON! the first reward tier contains Rappy-Go-Round (x1). This was the only reward from the last pre-PC campaign to reward cosmetics.

• In ANOTHER ONE? the Face of the Abyss completion reward is 478: Cross Legs (x1). Excluding the closed beta tasks, this was the first cosmetic campaign reward PSO2 Global ever had. Following the revival of Impromptu Tea Party is was also the only outstanding emote PC players had never had a chance to get from campaigns. It's also been over 50 million on all ships since September and almost nonexistent on all ships since late January / early February so it's definitely a good time for it to return.

These are big steps to filling the pre-PC campaign reward backlog! All that's left is Pirate's Hat (not to be confused with Pirate Hat; Pirate's Hat is the one with the skull on it), the Green Puyo evolution device and the Photon Halo set. It may have taken a while but I still couldn't applaud this more. ๐Ÿ‘

My only complaint is the reward SG for leveling classes comes too late to use for Astral Guardians scratch. Ah well, canโ€™t have everything. Iโ€™m still very excited.

@Miraglyth it isn't like global wasn't giving out SG campaigns earlier in the year - more recent https://pso2.com/news/announcements/globalannivevent0317 and again, global gets to keep all their SG scratch pulls instead of having to trade in for the choice ticket. And I recall they been giving free SG choice ticket a few times through events? I only recall them doing it once ever during the 8th anniversary event on JP and that was grinding for ranking. Think choice ticket be worth loads of SG if you do the conversion.

And oh boy... time for leveling... sorry can't really feel anything there since I'm among the group that did 1-95 Luster in a few hours and nearly all classes 95->100 day of the unlock - ran out of keys but still got all 100 by the 4th day. I recall people did that on global too with their show off forum posts of all class 100.

EDIT: Oh and mission pass is a pretty constant source of SG on global too, especially for premium users. JP don't have any SG in mission pass rewards and no free gold tier ticket with premium, have to spend that 100SG if want gold tier.

On the SG topic Japan still gets access to Buster Medals like candy from Cradle which we don't for some reason. Mass stockpile of those things will allow easy continuous weekly SG from the Buster Medal Shop.

I wish I could participate, however, Microsoft, to my knowledge, still hasn't rolled out the console update to it's OS, which removes the Gold subscription lock on free to play games, such as PSO2, and as a result of issues caused directly, or indirectly by the pandemic, after more than ten years, I can no longer afford my subscription. It ended today, and I just checked, and I can't get into the login screen. So until it goes live, I'm left in waiting.

I'll likely miss out on most of this stuff, considering Microsoft has been slow to make the changes, even though it's been a few months. Supposedly Microsoft and it's insiders preview program already has access to said update, but it's being tested on customers consoles who signed up for it, and even though the program would give me access to both the game, and the closed beta test coming up, I don't have the money to replace my console, should anything go wrong with those untested updates. At any rate, I hope you guys have fun, and get some cool loot.

And I recall they been giving free SG choice ticket a few times through events?

Twice; for Mother's Disciples and Versus Annihilation. I'd have taken those sets being split into their two smaller sets on JP for reduced interference (in the former all of the items I wanted came from the Aether Mother Hope side but I kept getting Mother Cluster Imitation pulls) and four years of SG income in a heartbeat over that, but they helped make up for things for sure.

And oh boy... time for leveling... sorry can't really feel anything there since I'm among the group that did 1-95 Luster in a few hours and nearly all classes 95->100 day of the unlock

I think I've earned every Gold key possible on Global outside of weekly missions on alts and I'm almost there now myself with 4 classes left between 90 and 100, though thanks to keeping an eye on JP I did see this campaign coming and planned for it. I have friends who will probably make it only thanks to the +300% boost and others who put the game down for 1-2 months including the 95 cap raise for whom it's probably already asking too much, so I can see it from both angles.

Oh and mission pass is a pretty constant source of SG on global too, especially for premium users. JP don't have any SG in mission pass rewards

I've long held that our Mission Pass SG differences basically balance out the weekly SG we don't get from PSO2es and IDOLA, but this doesn't really have much do with this round of campaigns.

Thanks for the SG and items. I have no opinion on the Japanese to Global equation but I also know very little.

Oddly enough I dont care for Japanese culture or anime at all. I like the game, and the people I have met so far are cool and fun to chat with. The game is not really like anything I've played and I like the flow of the gameplay, I can do a mission and get up and do stuff instead of sit around waiting for a spawn of some rare monster for 2 to 18 hours.

Really enjoy the game I should say. Thanks again o/