Regarding to TWEAKER pso2 Can they join the GLOBAL closed beta test?

@Sega-Genesis why not use tweaker? since jp i used tweaker and no problems so far

@same how is tweaker a bloatware and a hidden crypto miner?

@JearimGaming200 said in Regarding to TWEAKER pso2 Can they join the GLOBAL closed beta test?:

@same how is tweaker a bloatware and a hidden crypto miner?

fact is, it is neither of those things. The person is just trolling

@Ragnawind hahha knew it how could it be a crypto miner and bloatware if people been using it since 2013 or idk around that year

@JearimGaming200

1. Microsoft Store installation

2. AIDA scammed tons of JP players out of real money with their webmoney service several years back.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160307032351/http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232615

I was one of those players they scammed money out of. I do not trust AIDA after this.

@Sega-Genesis said in Regarding to TWEAKER pso2 Can they join the GLOBAL closed beta test?:

@JearimGaming200

2. AIDA scammed tons of JP players out of real money with their webmoney service several years back.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160307032351/http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232615

I was one of those players they scammed money out of. I do not trust AIDA after this.

...And none of that means anything considering that the Tweaker was, for many of us, the only way to actually play the game on the PC during it's global launch, what with the whole "eating its self over and over" thing. Even after the Steam client went live, the game still has a lot of issues that the Tweaker fixes.

The game runs flawlessly on my rig thanks to the Tweaker, and I have no intention of not using it just because of internet drama. The program works, it's safe, it isn't bloatware, and last I checked, no one using it over the past five years since that post you linked seems to have had their information stolen so...

@Blade-Syphon said in Regarding to TWEAKER pso2 Can they join the GLOBAL closed beta test?:

@Sega-Genesis said in Regarding to TWEAKER pso2 Can they join the GLOBAL closed beta test?:

@JearimGaming200

...And none of that means anything considering that the Tweaker was, for many of us, the only way to actually play the game on the PC during it's global launch, what with the whole "eating its self over and over" thing. Even after the Steam client went live, the game still has a lot of issues that the Tweaker fixes.

The game runs flawlessly on my rig thanks to the Tweaker, and I have no intention of not using it just because of internet drama. The program works, it's safe, it isn't bloatware, and last I checked, no one using it over the past five years since that post you linked seems to have had their information stolen so...

Jesus christ people lost their damn money myself included. It seems you skimmed what actually happened it's not 'drama' and downplaying what AIDA did to us is really gross of you just because you like a piece of software that was created.

You are free to enjoy their software, I don't have a use for it. For when I used it on the Microsoft installation it constantly ruined my install and I found just using the base game is far better.

And I am simply uncomfortable with AIDA. Maybe if you got scammed out of money you would too.

Imagine trusting a once open sourced fan made launcher that is now closed sourced for whatever reason other than hiding shady doings/crappy code

@JearimGaming200

wow nice info - never heard about that till now....uninstalling tweaker asap

@Blade-Syphon said in Regarding to TWEAKER pso2 Can they join the GLOBAL closed beta test?:

@JearimGaming200

Jesus christ people lost their damn money myself included. It seems you skimmed what actually happened it's not 'drama' and downplaying what AIDA did to us is really gross of you just because you like a piece of software that was created.

You are free to enjoy their software, I don't have a use for it. For when I used it on the Microsoft installation it constantly ruined my install and I found just using the base game is far better.

And I am simply uncomfortable with AIDA. Maybe if you got scammed out of money you would too.

Uh..huh.

I've had my debit card skimmed multiple time at gas stations here in Jersey, as well as my own work once when Card Skimmers were a thing. That didn't somehow deter me from not wanting to use those facilities because I lost money.

Yes, it sucks you lost money, it happens to literally everyone at some point, in some capacity. Would I love it if this state got rid of their stupid full service stations, of course I would. But I'm not going to drive up to New York, an extra fifteen minutes out of my way, just because I've been skimmed a few times.

I imagine those people who were allegedly scammed out of money had banks, yes? Did they not consider calling said banks and charging back the money? Or reporting the person for fraud? There's a multitude of ways you can get money back if you were legitimately conned out of it, or had it fraudulently stolen from you in some pyramid scheme or whatever the hell the Tweaker developer was doing at the time.

But considering that they're still apparently actively developing the Tweaker, I can safely assume they did not go to jail, or suffered any real consequences due to fraud. That, to me, tells me that yes, this was internet drama from a bunch of people being too trusting over the internet with strangers.

By all means - you can insult me again if it so chooses you, but considering what I read, the reactions people had to the person, and that most of it basically boiled down to childish insults being thrown at them instead of, gee I don't know, actually going to their banks and requesting the money returned via charge back, as well as reporting the person for fraud.

Like I said - the programmer of the Tweaker has done me, nor the thousands that have used it, any wrong. It's perfectly safe, it's not stealing anyone's identity, and guess what, if it did? I'd report my money and information stolen, have my property returned to me, press charges against the person, and move on with my life.

Nice paragraph bro, I liked the first bit where it made no sense to the current situation.

Some people did chargeback and some people lost their money, it's different case by case and because of the amounts of money and how long it took from payment to receiving the goods (or in this case, a statement of not receiving it) hardly nothing came across it except Aida furiously scrubbing all evidence from the web. Imagine trying to sue someone over the Internet in a different country over $100 in 2016?

Tweaker/Arks Layer/Fleetcord is nothing short of predatory and hugely gatekeeping the community. It does more harm than good (I would think any decent fan translation team would cease all work and remove it from the Internet once an official localization comes through? Gotta get that Patreon money I guess!). You can think the way you do and make reasons for your actions, not going to stop you but trying to justify something that didn't effect you is a little bit silly don't you think?

Hopefully they can find a decent programmer for NGS

@same said in Regarding to TWEAKER pso2 Can they join the GLOBAL closed beta test?:

I would think any decent fan translation team would cease all work and remove it from the Internet once an official localization comes through?

Funny that when the MS Store launch was botched so bad that even games journo/media were writing articles about using the Tweaker to be even able to play the game. And now in 2021, I still see content creators pushing to use Tweaker to be able to get incentives from the different PC stores using 1 single installation. I don't get the global team of doing things, making it so inconvenient for people.

Funny the only time I used Tweaker was for NA server, cause never needed it for JP.

Tweaker solved Teal's colorblindness.

Tweaker is great, I have managed to make $19,427 in hours saved from reinstalling the game.