Regarding to TWEAKER pso2 Can they join the GLOBAL closed beta test?

Im on TWEAKER pso2 global am i eligible to join the Closed Beta Test? or Only Microsoft store PSO2 can join?

Tweaker is an alternative installation method and launcher for the game itself. It'll work for any version of the PSO2 game client - JP or Global - that it supports. Because the closed beta test will be a separate unique client that is only available for a limited time, it is probably wise to expect that the Tweaker will not support it, partly because that would be development effort to support something that'll only last 49 hours and partly because odds are high its developers will be taking part in the closed beta themselves instead.

Tweaker also does not replicate any functions of the Microsoft Store or the Xbox Insider Hub, which are required to sign up for the closed beta in the first place.

@Miraglyth said in Regarding to TWEAKER pso2 Can they join the GLOBAL closed beta test?:

Tweaker also does not replicate any functions of the Microsoft Store or the Xbox Insider Hub, which are required to sign up for the closed beta in the first place.

On a somewhat related note, for those that started on Steam or Epic, I wonder if it'll be needed to link these accounts to the Win10 version to be able to sign up for the beta. Though, even if it's not needed to link the account to sign up, it's likely that a player can only receive the beta rewards on their Steam/Epic account if they do the link before signing up...

Details about this is something that should have been included in the beta announcement...

@Ezodagrom said in Regarding to TWEAKER pso2 Can they join the GLOBAL closed beta test?:

I wonder if it'll be needed to link these accounts to the Win10 version to be able to sign up for the beta.

I'm operating under the assumption that linking accounts essentially creates a pointer on the linked accounts to the primary account. We know for instance that creating any account data (setting the account name, creating a character etc) on a new ecosystem permanently prevents it from being able to be linked to another account.

It'll be interesting if beta participation and/or the rewards it gives count as account data and subsequently prevents linking. This would mean someone whose primary account is on Steam or EGS and does not link their Microsoft Store account prior to closed beta (either rewards or signup depending) may find they cannot link after either closed beta or reward distribution (depending) and are forced to keep their Microsoft Store account separate and transfer its rewards to their main account somehow.

A worse possibility still is that users with unlinked accounts participate in the beta, then link Microsoft Store to their Steam/EGS created account only for rewards to be distributed to the Microsoft Store account that no longer exists so they don't receive them. Or worse still, if they sign up for the beta before linking accounts, only for the access to be given to the Microsoft Store account that no longer exists so they can't even take part in the beta.

Since we don't quite know how it works, It's really recommended that those who created their PSO2 accounts on Steam or EGS link their Microsoft Store account before signups open to maximise their chances of avoiding such trouble.

@Miraglyth Yeah, I already linked my steam account to the win10 version just in case.

If it turns out that applying to the beta test also acts as touching the retail MS account (and preventing steam/MS linking if you started on steam + hadn't touched MS yet) then I can't wait for the inevitable shitstorm when people figure out they got hosed.

Tweaker will likely have a patch that night for the NGS beta honestly.

@Zeke said in Regarding to TWEAKER pso2 Can they join the GLOBAL closed beta test?:

Tweaker will likely have a patch that night for the NGS beta honestly.

Nah, it wont. No way the entire NGS client is going to be attached to the tweaker for a 48 hour beta. Seems like at least Aida anyways has her hands full with something - most likely the updater since there is still some stuff that is fucky.

No reason to use Tweaker for global

@same said in Regarding to TWEAKER pso2 Can they join the GLOBAL closed beta test?:

When it came out originally on the MS store there was. Only way to play the game without it breaking.

Those issues have RECENELY been fixed last December.

@same said in Regarding to TWEAKER pso2 Can they join the GLOBAL closed beta test?:

Unless you want to have all 3 versions of the game in one download, or something.

you should not use tweaker it runs the microsoft store version horrible

Enjoy your bitcoin miner / bloatware then I guess

Enjoy your bitcoin miner / bloatware then I guess

Screenshot_2.png

^this