Profanity Filter TOGGLE

This has probably been brought up before, but there should be a setting that gives the ability to disable the profanity filter. Whether it's in-game, on the game launcher, or just a simple chat command is beyond me.

Not to mention... the game is rated M now. But even when it was rated T before, not everyone want's to be forced into the land of "no swearing on my christian minecraft server". Of course, the profanity filter would be on by default for new players, but there should be an option SOMEWHERE.

I mean what is really the point of forcing it on people? I heard plenty of kids swearing in elementary school.

@Weirdo said in Profanity Filter TOGGLE:

I mean what is really the point of forcing it on people? I heard plenty of kids swearing in elementary school.

I never heard kids do that, but then again, you might be a slightly younger generation of gamer than I. Times sure have changed. Even people only a few years younger than me, saw things I never did growing up while in school. Then again, some mature themes did occur in conversations with fellow classmates in the third or fourth grade. But looking back, we didn't actually know what we were talking about, we just thought we were being cool. I think everyone looks back on their childhood with some regrets, especially those tide pod challenge kids. Sorry, I had to make the joke.

That said, the filter is pointless in my opinion, as only those seventeen and up are supposed to be playing, however, I also know, and respect that not everyone likes profanity, so the idea, while nothing new on these forums, still isn't a bad one, at least when NGS launches, and goes live.