PSO2: NGS Rare Drops

Steel Weapons were actually a mix of rare weapons and currency and i thought that was one of the least painful grinds, sadly there was little point in doing it on PSO2 global.

@VanillaLucia said in PSO2: NGS Rare Drops:

If we look at Episode 4 with some of the early weapons to really topple over the Nemesis/Raven "meta" at the time there were numerous complaints I recall seeing about how it was impossible to see a Jupiter Tullus drop. When it did show up it was extremely expensive

It didn't show up. Yamato was bugged and could not drop Jupiter Tullus or ANY 14 rarity weapon for that matter even though it was the updated version. So not a single one hit the market until Episode 5...

I mean, maybe it could, but the chances that literally not a single 14* was reported (and the drop list reflected no 14* drops) while actually being possible were insanely miniscule.

Also yes, Steel was cool, but making one was kinda not okay, and anyone that made one is gonna struggle to use their Klauz stones because of the limited rate of Grania coming into the game.

@Ezodagrom said in PSO2: NGS Rare Drops:

For me, the ideal equipment system is the Monster Hunter system. Starting with base weapons, gathering materials from different sources to upgrade them (multiple tiers of upgrades), and having multiple different upgrade paths.

It would be good if it had less RNG in it, like cutting off a monsters tail and getting a scale instead of the tail. Would be better to go after materials with purpose, insted of the same old tiresome RNG trash.

RNG: so easy to make that game developers will never let it go.

@Miraglyth said in PSO2: NGS Rare Drops:

JP got the Klauz unit exchange on 14 October, about two weeks after Global got Episode 5. Global didn't get the exchange until 17 February, 4 months later. Arguably the Global players who had the time between all our campaigns to keep an eye on JP power creep had a chance to farm some of the modules ahead of the exchange's addition, but even then they had considerably less time to get them overall.

That's all I meant; the literal real-world time between when the Klauz weapons and units could first be earned and present day. Whether JP had more to deal with three years prior to that during Episode 4 doesn't really have any bearing on that.

I have to say that the heads up the JP server got that there were Klauz units for exchange was only about 1 month before they implemented Last Lament on the September PSO2 Station and the only way to get modules was through Divide quest (and no Shiva modules). People that were still farming Divide Quest were most likely building Steel weapons which also takes tons of modules. So I don't know how much of a "head start" JP really got if modules are the issue here.

Divide Quest came out out in January for global? and you have the information that these modules are going to be used in exchange from JP side already - which is pretty decent amount of time to be farming these. Between last lament and divide quest, it is very possible to have a full set of klauz from exchange if you also consider the EP6 limited quests and Divide bosses can drop modules if you beat them also.

@HarmlessSyan said in PSO2: NGS Rare Drops:

@Miraglyth said in PSO2: NGS Rare Drops:

JP got the Klauz unit exchange on 14 October, about two weeks after Global got Episode 5. Global didn't get the exchange until 17 February, 4 months later. [snip] That's all I meant; the literal real-world time between when the Klauz weapons and units could first be earned and present day.

I have to say that the heads up the JP server got that there were Klauz units for exchange was only about 1 month [snip] So I don't know how much of a "head start" JP really got if modules are the issue here.

I'm wording this badly, aren't I? I don't mean the gap between when players knew they would be able to hunt/exchange Klauz items and when they could first do so. I literally, only, mean how much real time has passed since they first became available on each server. On JP it's around 6 months and on Global it's around 2. That's seriously all. I do believe what you're telling me, but please understand it just doesn't affect what I'm saying.

@Miraglyth so is the complaint that you didn't have enough time to gather modules or the time left on PSO2 is not worth doing it?

Putting it bluntly since you said you had not run any Divide before, if any JP player sat around and did the same and solely relied on Lament for modules, they won't have enough to do much purchases either.

Personally I did not farm Divide to make Steel series, however I started farming Divide once I learned that Klauz is going to be in the exchange. I was lucky to get back(rear) to drop from primordial darkness, but in the mean time I gathered enough modules - mostly farmed though I did buy some Mitras - and got my full set by ARKS Autumn Function 2020 boost week 11/18 ~ 11/25 - which is about 2 months since the announcement.

@HarmlessSyan said in PSO2: NGS Rare Drops:

@Miraglyth so is the complaint that you didn't have enough time to gather modules

For starters I'm not making a complaint here. šŸ˜› This topic is about rare drops and extended to progress involving such drops. I was saying it'd be nice if we had a campaign that encouraged and aided doing the content that gives those drops (which would additionally offset the objectively shorter time Global has had) and that I'd find that more fulfilling than just getting a full Klauz set dumped into players' visiphones.

@Fattest-Leg That's not a 100% drop chance as far as I know.

@LusterMain That's fine with me. I don't care where they come from so long as whatever it is has a 100% chance to drop at least one or more modules per run.

If they would add Final Lament Triggers to the RWB shop we could use that to farm them.

@Xaelon said in PSO2: NGS Rare Drops:

@Fattest-Leg That's not a 100% drop chance as far as I know.

Divide Quest 31-35 is a 100% chance for a Varuna/Exegul module to drop in their respective rooms. You can get multiple modules to drop each fight if you're lucky. The only module that has never had a 100% drop chance method is Mitra modules.

@Bellion I guess you're just luckier than I am then. I've never had 31-35 drop a module for me.

100% chance is not about luck. Are you not killing them in time?

I've been trying to grind for a Rinser weapon from the LQ. Even with boosters I've gotten pretty much nothing for doing the quest well over 30 times over the past week. According to the item log only like 10 of each have dropped at all. These kind of bad drop rates really shouldn't be tolerated.

@Ezodagrom said in PSO2: NGS Rare Drops:

For me, the ideal equipment system is the Monster Hunter system. Starting with base weapons, gathering materials from different sources to upgrade them (multiple tiers of upgrades), and having multiple different upgrade paths.

I like this idea, though MH has its own fair share of frustrating drops as well. Iā€™m looking at you, Rathian Ruby. šŸ˜§ Good times in MH3U trying to get that dang ruby.

The worst thing about rare drops in NGS is that the updated rare drop notification doesn't tickle my brain chemicals the same way the gaudy spinning and bobbing red box notification of PSO2 does.