How's everyone's Final Battle: Space-time Interstice Sodam runs going?

@Miraglyth said in How's everyone's Final Battle: Space-time Interstice Sodam runs going?:

Which I won't be. Time spent repeating the same fight over and over for rewards that will mostly stop being useful soon is time spent not playing New Genesis.

SG crosses over, but that is not the point you're making here. Due to how NGS works, free time there could also be spent doing solo sodam in pso2, but you probably wont even be playing pso2 by that point (read: (mostly) quitting), and thus you have created your own time limit. As quitting was one of the exceptions I had pointed out in that argument which rendered it null, we can consider this point in specific "closed", as there is no productive reason to discuss it further - at least in the context of completing every sodam depth. There are still other rewards for doing earlier depths as well which take considerably less overall time to obtain. However, given this attitude, you probably just don't want to play solo sodam anyway. So keep in mind that this post still isn't telling you "go do it!", it's just here to, well, have conversation.

Er, what? You've summed up my logic well there but haven't explained why that means it doesn't matter. 10+ hours is 10+ hours, you know?

I will admit that (although I still stand by it) my refutation for this was not doing a good job of addressing the point I wished to make. The point I wanted to make was that you don't run sodam when there are better things to be done (that you wish to do at that very moment). You run sodam to fill blank time. You have looked at the 10 hour total and said "well I could spend those 10 hours better" but skipped over the part where those 10 hours are inherently going to be spent when there is nothing better to do. However, you are implying that there simply is no space where there is nothing better to do:

PSO2 Global has given us a content rush and forced us to prioritise. The only way to make those 10+ hours not seem like a waste of time would be to (a) come up with a way for it to not take up so much time, (b) give it rewards that make it worth running for those, (c) come up with a more entertaining gameplay destination than "4-man version of the same boss yet again".

And we are at the end of that content rush. In fact, after people got Rivalate weapons, there was no further reason to try to push yourself to get the next sets of gear quickly, because those next sets of gear aren't going to be obsolete. Klauz units and weapons can be farmed at any pace you wish, so now everyone has significantly more time to do what they wish. Additionally, solo sodam awards darkstones, which are used to make these endgame weapons and units, so if you don't have enough of those it isn't actually a waste of time in terms of gear. In terms of cosmetics we are still being rushed, but this is not actually that significant of an argument against solo sodam, as it awards a decent amount of sg - so it is part of that cosmetic rush as well.

The rewards are mostly subjective. Again, I think they are rather good rewards - the title rewards especially. I think the title rewards gave you a 50% and a 55% augment transfer success up, and after that start giving a lot of augment transfer passes.

I particularly very much dislike how 4man sodam was handled, yeah. I think "the game is going to die and this is the final bit of content we are putting out" is a rather poor excuse to put out a quest that so very few people can do, but it exists as a motivation to run solo sodam regardless, so I brought it up.

Almost none.

I was talking about life as a whole, but even in terms of in-game time I doubt this. "Wasted" time comes in short bursts and is hard to tell happens, but it happens anyway. Don't worry about skipping endless and extreme quests, because those actually are mostly useless, especially now. Also, holy crap, if you haven't run any divide you absolutely need to do that before solo sodam, haha. Divide is the endgame crafting material source, and is such a priority for gameplay purposes that solo sodam for you is gonna be completely irrelevant, most likely. Unless you're waiting for rinser exchange/fluxio release, then...

Don't get too worked up over this one point, as it was just meant to be a demonstration of the previous not-exactly-precise point I was trying to make. And with all comparisons, they can't always be flawless.

Give us 5 months with this as the latest content and largely without events or New Genesis

Unfortunately, it's looking like that's not terribly unlikely to happen. Solo sodam was never a priority, anyway. But we'll see.

I just wanted to make a simple point that because we haven't had this for very long and because it won't be the latest content in PSO2 before being obsoleted for very long, I cannot justify putting time into it and that is a shame.

It won't be obsolete in the end, as again, this is one of the final things jp has gotten for PSO2. Like I said, we're in the true endgame now. The only reason you'd have no time is you're "quitting" pso2 for ngs which... you already said you are. I just felt like pointing out that it wont be obsolete in terms of pso2. (NGS is more of an endgame "split" than a continuation, given how it's being handled)

@HarmlessSyan said in How's everyone's Final Battle: Space-time Interstice Sodam runs going?:

@LusterMain there's always going to be the crowd that considers nothing you do in PSO2 is going to be relevant when NGS comes out. While JP had this fight for 5 months, it was limited to 2 runs a day until this week's maintenance - so technically global is able to reach 100 with 1/5 of the time. Sodam isn't for everyone, probably a considerable amount of people won't be able make it to 100 - no amount of rewards is going to motivate people to do harder content with NGS on the horizon.

Sodam will give 2 powerstones, 750 SG, and various untradeable versions of highly rated add ability capsules. But for people that don't care about gearing in PSO2 anymore, just the SG reward may not be enough to push them to do the content.

Hah, I'm aware. But I'm not trying to convince people to run it here, just trying to point out that it's not actually as pointless as it may seem.

It is a secret that there is an SGA that sells at a high price.

@QWERT said in How's everyone's Final Battle: Space-time Interstice Sodam runs going?:

It is a secret that there is an SGA that sells at a high price.

Yeah, that too. Somehow I forgot, but solo sodam drops SGAs rather deep in, one in particular being Augment Will 2. Which, last I checked, was rather valuable. So if you get there it can be a decent source of meseta as well (i've also heard that the caps actually get reasonable droprates later, so it's not horrific drop rate luck grind maybe probably?)

@LusterMain said in How's everyone's Final Battle: Space-time Interstice Sodam runs going?:

you have created your own time limit.

I'm just choosing not to do something repetitive by design, there's no need for dramatics. There's plenty in PSO2 I'll still do, as its purpose is not to consume time.

@LusterMain said in How's everyone's Final Battle: Space-time Interstice Sodam runs going?:

you probably just don't want to play solo sodam anyway.

I'm surprised this was unclear.

The point I wanted to make was that you don't run sodam when there are better things to be done

To me there are always better things to be done on Global. We aren't JP, we didn't have five months of very little. If we did, I'd take a look. Not all of us have "blank time" to fill.

Also, holy crap, if you haven't run any divide you absolutely need to do that before solo sodam, haha. Divide is the endgame crafting material source

That's why I mentioned it. Give me a shout when we don't have like six concurrent campaigns and temporary lucrative quests and I'll get right on it. Until then I've got a ton of inventory management to do to play Cradle and several Fire Swirl runs per day, in between which I've got to run Recommended Quests on the Microsoft Store install and come up with a screenshot for that Twitter look giveaway. And that's just in the next 3 days... no doubt on Wednesday when Global Anniversary closes out we'll get something else, and then something else...

It won't be obsolete in the end, as again, this is one of the final things jp has gotten for PSO2. Like I said, we're in the true endgame now.

So... it's the toughest challenge? Okay. Personally I already fought Sodam a few times in Face of the Abyss. I don't see how doing it dozens of times without anyone around to see and with bigger numbers for padding's sake is anything but obsolete.

Look I'm starting to feel really bad that what was meant to be a simple short post has been dragged out this much by weird claims of me quitting PSO2 or something. Can we just agree to disagree on the apparent importance of this quest in the grand scheme of things and let it rest so you can hear more from people who do have the time and differing prioritisation to run it?

@Miraglyth said in How's everyone's Final Battle: Space-time Interstice Sodam runs going?:

you have created your own time limit.

No, I'm just choosing not to do something intentionally grindy and repetitive by design. There's no need to make it sound dramatic. There's stuff in PSO2 I'll still do, because that doesn't want me to do essentially the same thing 100 or 999 times over to consume time.

A time limit on pso2 was the takeaway I got from "Time spent repeating the same fight over and over for rewards that will mostly stop being useful soon is time spent not playing New Genesis.", because like I said, NGS is an endgame "split", not "pso2 is over". Because you're choosing to move to NGS and presumably quit pso2 when it comes out, is this not a self-imposed time limit on solo sodam and the usefulness of it's rewards?

I didn't acknowledge the grindy and repetitive part you made because there's no point to that - it's a statement of how motivated you are to play the quest, and I did acknowledge the fact you likely just didn't want to play it elsewhere.

you probably just don't want to play solo sodam anyway.

I'm surprised this was unclear.

It wasn't. I was only saying so for clarification purposes. If you haven't noticed, I like to try really, really hard to keep conversations from turning into arguments while still giving my own opinion. The purpose of the everything else I posted was, again, to give my own opinion on your opinion and to have conversation.

The point I wanted to make was that you don't run sodam when there are better things to be done

Which is already my point; there are always better things to be done on Global. We aren't JP, we didn't have five months of very little. If we did, I'd totally take a look. But you're imagining everyone has "blank time" that some of us just do not, period.

The next part is why.

Also, holy crap, if you haven't run any divide you absolutely need to do that before solo sodam, haha. Divide is the endgame crafting material source

That's why I mentioned it. Give me a shout when we don't have like six concurrent campaigns and temporary lucrative quests and I'll get right on it. Until then I've got a ton of inventory management to do to play Cradle and several Fire Swirl runs per day, in between which I've got to run Recommended Quests on the Microsoft Store install and come up with a screenshot for that Twitter look giveaway. And that's just in the next 3 days... no doubt on Wednesday when Global Anniversary closes out we'll get something else, and then something else...

That you haven't yet progressed through divide makes you the exception to the context of everything I was saying. I can't talk about this in terms of players who haven't done divide, because there is no justifiable argument to be made under that context. Everything past and future that doesn't directly mention those circumstances is under the assumption that the player is ready to do solo sodam. If you haven't done divide, solo sodam rightly so shouldn't be on your radar, I agree with you.

It won't be obsolete in the end, as again, this is one of the final things jp has gotten for PSO2. Like I said, we're in the true endgame now.

It seems like you're giving this quest a magic word or two and presuming it means something. So... it's the toughest challenge? Okay. Personally I already fought Sodam a few times in Face of the Abyss. I don't feel I need to do it again without anyone to ever know I did it and with bigger numbers for padding's sake.

It's the last and hardest thing to do, probably for real this time. Again, I only mentioned this because you said it'd be obsolete. It won't, not for the foreseeable future. There are still things we're missing from jp, but they don't directly compete with solo sodam. So, yeah, it's final, it's a true endgame quest.

(i didnt see the part below until after i posted this. for some reason it didnt show up when quoting and if i saw it then i probably would have nuked the rest of this post, but now it's too late and i dont want to waste all that time thinking and typing aaaaarrrgh)

Look I'm starting to feel really bad that what was meant to be a simple short post has been dragged out this much by weird claims of me quitting PSO2 or something. Can we just agree to disagree on the apparent importance of this quest in the grand scheme of things and let it rest so you can hear more from people who do have the time and differing prioritisation to run it?

I never meant to claim you were quitting, it's just that when you use new genesis as justification that content in pso2 doesn't matter it really seems that way.

This would have never gone this far if I was aware you were under completely separate circumstances, and now I feel really bad about it too. It just seemed like you were being overly dismissive of solo sodam, and I disagreed with your reasoning. I was not at all aware why you had that reasoning, so in retrospect all of this was kinda completely pointless. So yeah, let's agree to disagree.

you're choosing to move to NGS and presumably quit pso2 when it comes out

I wish I knew how you could keep making that assumption. When was the last Ridroid Quest you did? If you haven't done any since Episode 6's release, does that mean you've quit PSO2? Of course not.

Just the same, if we were getting Episode 7 instead of New Genesis and that made this designed grind even more pointless, I'd still deprioritise it. It's got nothing to do with "quitting PSO2" and everything to do with it being a pointless designed grind whose purpose was to keep JP players occupied for a while. There's no need to overcomplicate this.

Not going to reply to the rest. It seems we've reached the end of the conversation.

you're choosing to move to NGS and presumably quit pso2 when it comes out

When was the last Ridroid Quest you did?

A few days ago, actually. (Apparently it got buffed on JP just now or something like that? Odd.)

Just the same, if we were getting Episode 7 instead of New Genesis and that made this designed grind even more pointless, I'd still deprioritise it.

...Huh? I'm genuinely confused as to what you're trying to say here.

It's got nothing to do with "quitting PSO2" and everything to do with it being a pointless designed grind whose purpose was to keep JP players occupied for a while. There's no need to overcomplicate this.

I am very well aware that it is a designed grind. I have repeatedly disagreed here that it is not pointless for several reasons. You disagree. We agree to disagree.

I wish I knew how you could keep making that assumption.

When you say that you aren't going to be playing the endgame content and then pair that with "time that could be spent playing new genesis", please understand that you're poisoning your own well. I acknowledge now that it was a misinterpretation on my part, but you should probably avoid even mentioning NGS when talking about reasons you don't want to do x thing (at least before an open beta release is announced) because it's going to lead readers to a similar general conclusion, regardless if that conclusion is true or not, due to the behavior of everyone else doing similar. It happened to two people here (me and HarmlessSyan). So, the reason this assumption kept getting made is "because everyone else who says things like that acts like this". It's frustrating for me as well. God, I hate how brains work.

Also,

(i didnt see the part below until after i posted this. for some reason it didnt show up when quoting and if i saw it then i probably would have nuked the rest of this post, but now it's too late and i dont want to waste all that time thinking and typing aaaaarrrgh)

Given your response, I think you might have missed this part: the entire of the post before was rendered meaningless in retrospect. I didn't delete it regardless because... well, that quote says. Sorry for the confusion.

Hopefully this ties up the last few loose ends. I hate ending conversations on misunderstandings.

Hey Rika, it’s GlassCannon from ship 2. Cleared depth 50 today with a time of 5:42 on Hero, which isn’t too bad imo.

@Dasani1998 said in How's everyone's Final Battle: Space-time Interstice Sodam runs going?:

Hey Rika, it’s GlassCannon from ship 2. Cleared depth 50 today with a time of 5:42 on Hero, which isn’t too bad imo.

Oh grats. Always nice playin with you Glass! I'm still tryin to improve my times. I don't think I do enough dps for depth 100 yet.

hero does it in half the time of those. git gud indeed

@Ki-Rin said in How's everyone's Final Battle: Space-time Interstice Sodam runs going?:

Unless you're comparing depth 100 runs to depth 1 runs, it absolutely does not. The fastest depth 100 hero clear I have seen is around 7:30, which is in line with how fast other high performance classes like fi/lu can clear it. Su/ph can clear it in 6 minutes. Git gud indeed, and maybe stop being disingenuous while you're at it.

@Ki-Rin said in How's everyone's Final Battle: Space-time Interstice Sodam runs going?:

Unless you're comparing depth 100 runs to depth 1 runs, it absolutely does not. The fastest depth 100 hero clear I have seen is around 7:30, which is in line with how fast other high performance classes like fi/lu can clear it. Su/ph can clear it in 6 minutes. Git gud indeed, and maybe stop being disingenuous while you're at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBo_pLrwAX0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBo_pLrwAX0

I'm not sure why you would admit to trolling.

...Huh? I'm genuinely confused as to what you're trying to say here.

Me too. You seem to think that me putting anything more than 0% of my PSO2 time into New Genesis after its release means I'm completely quitting PSO2 which is a baffling leap of logic. PSO2 is more than whichever repetition quests you want to call endgame.

My point was that if the next big thing wasn't New Genesis but another extension of the base game (Episode 7 style) I still wouldn't be wasting time on a designed waste of time until I have some free time because it's designed to be a waste of time.

you should probably avoid even mentioning NGS when talking about reasons you don't want to do x thing

You brought it up.

I'm somewhere between depth 7 and 10 at the moment. All of my runs so far take about 6 minutes to complete. Playing on Luster using Baran? style the one with normals that have projectiles. My gunblade isn't the best optimal affix since Augment will 2 was not in my price range. I just affixed Axiom instead. I believe I still have one slot left I can affix something to.

My gear is just the left over riva gear we got from a campaign. Didn't bother affixing it because affixing in general isn't fun for me and affixing for units seems like actual hell. So i'm uncertain if i'll be able to squeeze enough damage to squash the level 100 version of this let alone even get to it in the first place. I assume there's probably some optimal luster combos i'm missing and I don't always just want to dodge counter. But i've not looked into it. I really am only doing this quest because of the weapon camo drops. But i've not seen them yet. If he dropped Klauz units i'd probably care a bit more. But AFAIK that's limited to the divide version and the urgent quest version.