How's everyone's Final Battle: Space-time Interstice Sodam runs going?

@Anzio said in How's everyone's Final Battle: Space-time Interstice Sodam runs going?:

@LusterMain Definitely going to improve, my gear isn't bad. 6.5k melee attack on Hero with buffs. I just got to get good ;).

That's the spirit!!! 😃

I'm at 34 clearing them around 7:00 in. The earlier ones were around 5:00. Haven't gone down yet and had to use a scape doll. Does anyone know how that'll translate to to later depths? Should I be good up until 100 with the times i'm getting rn?

@Phill-N-Kills said in How's everyone's Final Battle: Space-time Interstice Sodam runs going?:

I'm at 34 clearing them around 7:00 in. The earlier ones were around 5:00. Haven't gone down yet and had to use a scape doll. Does anyone know how that'll translate to to later depths? Should I be good up until 100 with the times i'm getting rn?

Depths 30-39 have around 84m-88m HP. Depth 100 has around 250m.

Edit: Depth 99 has around 215m. The HP starts scaling much faster after depth 50. The most noticeable hp bumps are on every 10th depth.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in How's everyone's Final Battle: Space-time Interstice Sodam runs going?:

@Ki-Rin said in How's everyone's Final Battle: Space-time Interstice Sodam runs going?:

Don't play as a scion if you want it to be difficult.

Plenty of non scion classes do great here, some better than the scion classes

please show me.

@Ki-Rin said in How's everyone's Final Battle: Space-time Interstice Sodam runs going?:

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in How's everyone's Final Battle: Space-time Interstice Sodam runs going?:

please show me.

I'm a fighter personally. I can do quite a lot of damage to the boss. I do struggle when he decides to move a lot though.

@Phill-N-Kills said in How's everyone's Final Battle: Space-time Interstice Sodam runs going?:

I killed depth 40 in 5 minutes 55 seconds. Unfortunately, by my calculations that's not fast enough for depth 100. My character won't be getting any stronger either. My only options are to change my skills (which Im going to try)/change my photon arts used (trying that too)/ change my playstyle to a counter playstyle (I really don't want to do this and will avoid doing so). Also as you progress the depths sodam get's slower and slower because he is in "stun mode" less of the time. He has more of a chance to be mobile and use abilities that waste time.

I actually easily have enough dps to beat depth 100 sodam... if he was standing still the entire time. My dps drops by about half once my target is moving. I need to get better.

please show me.

Fi/(Hu?) Depth 7 2:32| Gu/Lu Depth 20 2:42| Fi/Lu Depth 100 6:35| Br/Lu Depth 100 9:48| Su/Ph Depth 100 5:56| Hu/Et Depth 100 10:16| Fo/Et Depth 100 11:17| Br/Lu Depth 100 10:08| Hu/Et Depth 100 9:53

There are many many many many more, you get the idea. Most results are japanese, so use "最終決戦:時空の狭間" to search for those runs.

I did masquerade (or whatever its name is) up to 10, and i was done. If it gets more interesting later, that's too bad. Not like a single new attack changes the fight much anyway, especially since it's most likely just another roomwide AoE or some dumb invulnerability phase.

@Yggranya said in How's everyone's Final Battle: Space-time Interstice Sodam runs going?:

I did masquerade (or whatever its name is) up to 10, and i was done. If it gets more interesting later, that's too bad. Not like a single new attack changes the fight much anyway, especially since it's most likely just another roomwide AoE or some dumb invulnerability phase.

The depths don't add new attacks, but add mechanics like poison, injured, healing nerfs, max HP increase, lower pa invuln requirements, clones, attack timing variations, etc..

The big problem with masq is they thought they could stretch that across 999 depths, especially when all attacks and mechanics the original boss had are there from depth 1 (this, at least, they learned from. solo sodam has some aspects of sodam's fight removed so they can be added in as you get to higher depths). They couldn't, but made it 999 depths anyway. I personally did a bit over 100 depths and was done, because after depth 110 (?) the high rarity weapon bonus is gone and suddenly your runs take 5x as long.

@Ki-Rin

Bruh, are you actually trolling? Non-scion class are doing fine otherwise it just a GIT GUT issue.

Halfway through 30-40, got a 15* Talon drop. Very cool!!!!!!!!! Now the only rare drop (weapons in specific, i still have quite a few camos i want) left that i want is the Megalith...

@LusterMain said in How's everyone's Final Battle: Space-time Interstice Sodam runs going?:

I think you might be overestimating the amount of time individual runs take. I've not seen a depth1 sodam clear take more than 9 minutes, and you have to clear it in under four if your dps is going to clear depth100.

Taking the average of the two and generously assuming the other 99 stages won't take longer, that's still over 10 hours of the same fight over and over in around a month. I can think of several far better uses of that time.

7:03 for depth 50 and i consider it a bad run though (I had major time loss a few times, probably was capable on getting 6:30 at my skill level/gear). Got a powerstone Graeae for it.

I personally only have been to depth 110 of msaq, too many depths I refuse to go further. I do and don't like content like this. For content that your meant to repeat many times over the fights should be shorter. If they have to be long, have less floors and make each floor harder. Sodam hasn't changed much for me besides having more hp. By depth 40 you've seen all he can do.

@Miraglyth said in How's everyone's Final Battle: Space-time Interstice Sodam runs going?:

Taking the average of the two and generously assuming the other 99 stages won't take longer, that's still over 10 hours of the same fight over and over in around a month. I can think of several far better uses of that time.

At least the way I read it, these two sentences together have ignored the point I was making, are only looking at the big picture (twists the conclusion), invented a time limit, and seem to imply you aren't aware of what the rewards for doing solo sodam actually are.

that's still over 10 hours of the same fight over and over in around a month.

Who said you had to do it in around a month? This isn't like the other content we've been getting - this is endgame, for good. Not only is this the current endgame for jp, but it also might be endgame permanently thanks to NGS. It is lot of time to complete overall, but you also seem to be underestimating the amount of time there is to be had where it is relevant - which is forever (treating NGS and pso2 as separate games). So even if you have absolutely no time to fit it in whatsoever right now, you will, as long as you don't quit the game.

Taking the average of the two and generously assuming the other 99 stages won't take longer, that's still over 10 hours of the same fight

You seem to have missed the point I was making, which was that individual runs are rather brief. Yes, they add up to a large amount of time in the end, but you don't have to do them all in bursts. The point was that the total time spent doesn't matter, because looking at total time, you get numbers like 10+ hours and go "well, I could easily do better things in that time", when what really matters is how that time is distributed. If sodam runs took more than 15 minutes, this would be much more significant of an issue as they would start to start seriously overlapping with other content in the game. But they're shorter than that, and can be easily fit in times where nothing is going on, or times when you just don't want to do what's going on, so you aren't losing productivity by doing this. And that is assuming that solo sodam gives absolutely nothing of value, but it gives a decent bit of value, and the rewards for doing solo sodam are also distrubuted across those 10 hours.

To demonstrate: How much time have you spent doing something (that wasn't necessary) to fill a void of "there is nothing really going on right now"? The answer is in the thousands of hours at the absolute minimum, and is likely easily well over ten thousand hours. I'm sure you could have done much better things in ten thousand hours, but that's irrelevant, because those ten thousand hours weren't all at once or in large chunks, and thus more than likely had a very minimal impact (if any at all) on whatever better thing you could have been doing.

I can think of several far better uses of that time.

You could easily only go to depth 10 and say "i'm done", and still walk out with 50sg, a sga cap, a title, and another first clear reward that I am admittedly forgetting. That is a lot of guaranteed rewards for roughly an hour of total playtime against sodam. I'd consider those rather good rewards for only an hour, and fantastic rewards when you take into consideration that you can do that hour in increments of 5-10 minutes or so.

Unless you are somehow 100% time efficient or just don't want to do solo sodam, there is plenty of time to do it, and time to do it where there is currently not much better to do.

super TL;DR and clarification: I'm not trying to say that you have to do this no matter what, I'm saying that it's not the waste of time that you're seemingly making it out to be (or think that it is).

@LusterMain said in How's everyone's Final Battle: Space-time Interstice Sodam runs going?:

Who said you had to do it in around a month? [snip] you also seem to be underestimating the amount of time there is to be had where it is relevant - which is forever (treating NGS and pso2 as separate games).

Which I won't be. Time spent repeating the same fight over and over for rewards that will mostly stop being useful soon is time spent not playing New Genesis.

Additionally, you seem to have missed the point I was making, which was that individual runs are rather brief. [snip] The point was that the total time spent doesn't matter, because looking at total time, you get numbers like 10+ hours and go "well, I could easily do better things in that time"

Er, what? You've summed up my logic well there but haven't explained why that means it doesn't matter. 10+ hours is 10+ hours, you know? I'm more than aware it doesn't have to be done all at once, but showing the total time was the purpose of my exercise for a reason.

PSO2 Global has given us a content rush and forced us to prioritise. The only way to make those 10+ hours not seem like a waste of time would be to (a) come up with a way for it to not take up so much time, (b) give it rewards that make it worth running for those, (c) come up with a more entertaining gameplay destination than "4-man version of the same boss yet again".

How much time have you spent doing something (that wasn't necessary) to fill a void of "there is nothing really going on right now"?

Almost none. As I keep saying, Global is a content rush. I've barely played Endless Quests or the new Extreme Quests. I've not run any Divide Quests once, which by the way means I'm under-geared for now and 10+ hours is probably understating how long it would take supposing I could win the advertised damage rushes in the first place.

Give us 5 months with this as the latest content and largely without events or New Genesis like JP had and I'll take a look. Otherwise I'm going to continue to prioritise and something that wants to be run 10 times before it gives anything at all and 100 to apparently allow me to do the next thing which is more of the same is not going to be prioritised highly.

super TL;DR and clarification: I'm not trying to say that you have to do this no matter what, I'm saying that it's not the waste of time that you're seemingly making it out to be (or think that it is).

That's fair, that's your view and mine is different. We probably have differing abilities to stay on top of the content rush or differing levels of interest in the cosmetic side of the game that change how much time is demanded for that. I didn't mean to derail the topic, I just wanted to make a simple point that because we haven't had this for very long and because it won't be the latest content in PSO2 before being obsoleted for very long, I cannot justify putting time into it and that is a shame.

@LusterMain there's always going to be the crowd that considers nothing you do in PSO2 is going to be relevant when NGS comes out. While JP had this fight for 5 months, it was limited to 2 runs a day until this week's maintenance - so technically global is able to reach 100 with 1/5 of the time. Sodam isn't for everyone, probably a considerable amount of people won't be able make it to 100 - no amount of rewards is going to motivate people to do harder content with NGS on the horizon.

Sodam will give 2 powerstones, 750 SG, and various untradeable versions of highly rated add ability capsules. But for people that don't care about gearing in PSO2 anymore, just the SG reward may not be enough to push them to do the content.