How's everyone's Final Battle: Space-time Interstice Sodam runs going?

I cleared depth 40 today myself. 😄

I did it once and left it be as I find this fight rather boring.

@Ryoga said in How's everyone's Final Battle: Space-time Interstice Sodam runs going?:

I did it once and left it be as I find this fight rather boring.

What do you expect? You did D1 and that's it.

Now to be fair, the quest only starts getting interesting at D40 but still.

Should of made it harder and included the extra phase in the enhanced Urgent

Haven't really looked into it yet. Took me a while to get to Parallel World as well. "You have to do the same thing hundreds of times" just isn't an appealing proposition to me I guess. 🤷

@Miraglyth said in How's everyone's Final Battle: Space-time Interstice Sodam runs going?:

Haven't really looked into it yet. Took me a while to get to Parallel World as well. "You have to do the same thing hundreds of times" just isn't an appealing proposition to me I guess. 🤷

To be fair, Solo Sodam you only have to do a hundred times as opposed to hundreds. With 10 runs a day, you can take it pretty slow and still reasonably get to the end rather fast. The rewards are closer together and much better than masq as well - klauz stones, sg, sga capsules, etc...

Plus, it's mandatory training (if you want any hope to clear it at all) for the new 4man sodam on jp (harder than solo sodam). Even if you don't care for that, Sodam is rather unique in that it's the only quest in global (right now) that's for training how much DPS you can squeeze out of every moment instead of not dying.

Also, it's just fun to bully Sodam... and it's not like there's much else to do.

@LusterMain said in How's everyone's Final Battle: Space-time Interstice Sodam runs going?:

Plus, it's mandatory training (if you want any hope to clear it at all) for the new 4man sodam on jp

Not really. 🤷 If it's going to be gated behind this much repetition I'll just give it a pass. JP had months and years of nothing better to do, we didn't.

@Miraglyth said in How's everyone's Final Battle: Space-time Interstice Sodam runs going?:

@LusterMain said in How's everyone's Final Battle: Space-time Interstice Sodam runs going?:

Plus, it's mandatory training (if you want any hope to clear it at all) for the new 4man sodam on jp

Not really.

In the context of 4man sodam, it's extremely unlikely that you'd be able to beat it without a full party of players that can clear depth100 sodam (The first few runs on jp, it only had 1-6% raid completion. I've only seen proof of 10 parties beating it. It is hard). That's what I meant by mandatory - not that either quest is required, but that depth100 sodam clearability is nearly a prerequisite for being able to clear 4man sodam in specific. If you don't want to do either, that's fine.

I'd still personally suggest clearing a depth like, once or twice a day, even if just to prevent burnout. The rewards really are rather nice and frequent, and sodam can be fun. But, of course, not necessary.

I will agree, though, that the depth format for sodam and masq is rather obnoxious and slow. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about sodam yet, but for now depth100 feels within reach (vs masq - there is no way in hell i'm grinding to 999, what were they thinking).

Sorry, this one's my fault; I accidentally trimmed the quote too much. That "not really" was meant to be a response to your "Even if you don't care for that", and that probably explains why the rest of my post after the emoji didn't make sense. 😅

I think I'd have been super into this kind of mileage and goal format, but only with a reasonable amount of time to do it in, you know? JP got this thing five months ago and most of that time they've (probably rightly!) complained about having very little to do. We'll get maybe a month and that's alongside a few other grinds we've only recently got and a few events too.

Don't play as a scion if you want it to be difficult.

@Ki-Rin said in How's everyone's Final Battle: Space-time Interstice Sodam runs going?:

Plenty of non scion classes do great here, some better than the scion classes

I think I'd have been super into this kind of mileage and goal format, but only with a reasonable amount of time to do it in, you know? JP got this thing five months ago and most of that time they've (probably rightly!) complained about having very little to do. We'll get maybe a month and that's alongside a few other grinds we've only recently got and a few events too.

It takes overall quite a bit of time, but I think you might be overestimating the amount of time individual runs take. I've not seen a depth1 sodam clear take more than 9 minutes, and you have to clear it in under four if your dps is going to clear depth100. If you ever feel the itch of "I want to go fight a boss right now" it's a great place to do so quickly.

Also, how much is going on right now is subjective. I finally made a Klauz gunblade, but the Klauz units have unreasonable recipes to go out and grind them as hard as possible, the uqs running don't particularly interest me, etc... for me in specific, there is "nothing going on". Understandable if it is not the same for you. I would still personally suggest trying to do a solo sodam run if you ever feel the need to fill out time anyway.

Again, though, having the depths that mean anything being locked behind already clearing the quest several times is mind-numbing. This in particular is why I am suggesting to just take it at a casual pace and do it whenever you want if that is turning you away, because "I am not going to do it" as a response to that makes you not want to play later, either. (again, if you just dont care for the content itself, don't bother)

i misinterpreted "That "not really" was meant to be a response to your "Even if you don't care for that"" as everything after "Even if you don't care for that" and wrote out a big paragraph before realizing what you really meant and had to delete it. aaaaaaaaaaaaa

@Ki-Rin said in How's everyone's Final Battle: Space-time Interstice Sodam runs going?:

A few specific base classes shred solo sodam apart (fi and su are the two examples I remember right now). The only real (long-term) difficulty from that fight is how much damage you can put out, so...

@Raydas I guess I'm bad. I cleared depth 1 with only 2 minutes left to spare.

@Anzio said in How's everyone's Final Battle: Space-time Interstice Sodam runs going?:

@Raydas I guess I'm bad. I cleared depth 1 with only 2 minutes left to spare.

Don't feel bad! This is what the quest is here for - it highlights how much damage your gear and playstyle are really putting out. But will you try to improve, or settle with that 13m clear? 😉

@LusterMain Definitely going to improve, my gear isn't bad. 6.5k melee attack on Hero with buffs. I just got to get good ;).