Please remake PSO1 or consider adding it as part of NGS

We need this in the game! You killed my Goddess!

I was hoping we would get atleast some of the zones ported as part of the 20th anniversary event, even PSPo2 and PSU had zones from PSO1, but I'm hopeful we will maybe get some in NGS at some point.

I do hope so. Ragol was amazing.

I would hope they add PSO1 into PSO2 (in terms of story and areas / enemies), especially since they could make full use of the new graphics engine for this, but not as part of NGS. The content structure (and various other things) would be more fitting for the base game.

I hope so this game deserves it.

The core gameplay of PSO1, as much as I enjoy it still, has honestly aged like crap. While a graphical remake of the game would be neat, it wouldn't be anywhere near worth the resources to create given how few people are going to actually enjoy the game. PSO1 isn't like Diablo 2, it's gameplay isn't timeless. It's extremely clunky, super dated, and simply unenjoyable if you make the mistake of playing a Force and don't have anyone to play with.

Honestly, if you really have an itch to play PSO1, you'd be better off just replaying it as is in one of it's current iterations online. There's plenty of private servers out there for you to dive into, and many are very much true to the original game. And while I do think it'd be fun to have some areas with a nod or two to PSO1, having Sega remake it in it's entirety in any real capacity in NGS would kind of feel really tacked on and, frankly, stupid.

It's one thing to have nods to the older games in the series like PSO2 did, but it's another entirely to just recreate the game for the sake of recreating it. Remember, PSU did that, and once the initial nostalgia wore off of running through the old areas as a Guardian, most people just stopped caring about it.

@Blade-Syphon said in Please remake PSO1 or consider adding it as part of NGS:

The core gameplay of PSO1, as much as I enjoy it still, has honestly aged like crap.

heck no. its way better than PSO2 substance over flash anyday

@FeelDaPain said in Please remake PSO1 or consider adding it as part of NGS:

The core gameplay of PSO1, as much as I enjoy it still, has honestly aged like crap.

heck no. its way better than PSO2 substance over flash anyday

That might be nostalgia talking, you may want to actually go back and, you know, replay it for more than a few minutes. PSO1's combat didn't have "Substance". It involved you spamming three timed attacks over and over for the majority of your character's career, until you picked up some later weapons in V.Hard or Ultimate that allowed you to spam their ailment abilities instead.

And that's not even talking about how most of the game's bosses, especially in Episode 2, were essentially "Have X amount of DEF to survive this unavoidable attack, or you die". I love PSO, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend that it had anymore depth than that of a paddling pool. It was a great memory, and I still scratch the itch to play it from time to time, but most times it doesn't last for more than a few days, simply because of how incredibly basic, simple, and at times boring the game is.

It's still possible to play PSOBB online through "certain means", and the clients for those have even been updated to support widescreen and high resolutions. These are pretty much unofficial remasters.

PSO has a spot, but if they EVER remake some version of it the entire thing will need a massively overhaul on how it's played. That game aged like milk.

@Zeke said in Please remake PSO1 or consider adding it as part of NGS:

PSO has a spot, but if they EVER remake some version of it the entire thing will need a massively overhaul on how it's played. That game aged like milk.

Which, of course, you'd then get people crying that it's "No Longer PSO". Hell, people were crying that Phantasy Star Zero was too much of a deviation from the original game, even though it was more or less the same game, just with PSU's control scheme.

I will note that PSO Dragon made an appearance in Phantasy Star Portable 2 as an event boss & Olga Flow appeared in Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity which was a Phantasy Star title never localized.

As a long time veteran of a certain PSOBB server, I'd love to see this happen, but honestly I'm not holding my breath.

While I will always have a special place in my heart for PSO1/PSOBB, it is an OOOOLLLLDDD GAME.

At least I can still go kill Gal Gryphon in the Nightfall Providence from time to time, he's still a mean SOB. XD

I have my Dual Bird, Spread Needle and my RAmar outfit. I'll take my nostalgia where I can get it in PSO2. ;^p

Absolutely 100% incorrect. I still play regularly with my PSO2 alliance on Ephinea PSOBB, and it's still solid. Regularly have made new characters and started fresh throughout the years and enjoy it just as much as I did back when the official servers were live.

11a408a9-4723-4822-9eba-59600dfd1c62-image.png

Visually too the game has aged great, places like CCA + Seaside/Mountain/Jungle honestly look better than a lot of PSO2 zones.

The core gameplay of PSO1, as much as I enjoy it still, has honestly aged like crap. While a graphical remake of the game would be neat, it wouldn't be anywhere near worth the resources to create given how few people are going to actually enjoy the game.

They don't need to remake the whole thing 1:1. Adding the quests (main and sub), areas and enemies into base PSO2 would suffice.