ps02 ngs hub cities should be like

Hub cities of NGS should be like a futuristic metropolis with stunning visual and buildings with npc vendors

3ea5b977-dd99-4dbb-9353-a30fc48a3e97-image.png 0869173c-c7e3-4f5c-9e03-bb004b159841-image.png 7bd8d726-10d5-4364-845b-01cb91e980da-image.png 7d51fa82-9bd4-46c8-8335-c01974a7927d-image.png 3e43bb5c-ff7f-446e-8d95-6fdc6a9d0929-image.png 48367d5f-0285-4f0e-a4bc-f97e49e50744-image.png 82fa120f-49e7-4ed7-b4fb-bfa57581d529-image.png 4ff846f8-f9dc-4216-b1c1-9579f67f3db9-image.png 93f0cb46-66fc-416e-ad50-682603062351-image.png

It would be interesting to have areas where it is like those city, with mobs attacking people (npc), invading cities:D

@Chantro in NGS The current hub city is an uninteresting tiny village

Maybe because that's the whole point.

@Kos to be like warframe, have no originality in design

@Golden_Syrup said in ps02 ngs hub cities should be like:

@Chantro tiny village

The point of the hub is to access features that aren't accessible elsewhere, such as shops, class counters and such. A huge city would get in the way of accessibility, no one wants to travel huge distances to access frequently used key features.

Also gotta take into consideration the technical cost of having a huge city, an online RPG like this is supposed to be accessible across a wide range of PCs, so they can't do hub cities that are too complex technically, especially when taking into consideration the lack of loading screens.

@Ezodagrom the aesthetics of NGS isnt good especially to other MMOs.

@Golden_Syrup I don't see anything wrong with the NGS central city aesthetically.

I haven't played ngs to be sure how small central city is, but it looks a bit small. In BDO the cities like Calpheon are quite big I think, maybe with time they will add more cities or these are enlarged? Also consider that it seems to be the first time that this game tries to cover more than Japan with an open map game? (WoW and BDO had neither the map nor large cities when they were released, WoW SW was smaller)

@Chantro Other than technical reasons, the city isn't large because it doesn't need to be large. Unnecessarily large cities get in the way of accessibility.

Calpheon in BDO is big, but most of it is just filler content. Pretty much everybody stay near the market place and storage area. Valencia is even bigger, but it's a ghost town considering crossing the desert is such PITA. However, most people prefer Heidel or Velia for conveniences, and they're congested enough for fps drop to be typical. Ironforge was the biggest city in WOW for alliance, and was nicknamed Lagforge for a reason....

Quest hub can be a city, but doesn't have to be one. To me NGS quest hub is more of an outpost. Sort of like a futuristic Monster Hunter World quest hub. Players aren't going to spend the majority their time in the hub. It's going to be more like take care of your business and move on. Going to the quest hub should never feel like a chore.

It gives me the impression that the Arks are only passing through the planet while they fight against the dolls, so having big cities would not make much sense either, it is also giving me the impression that the new content that they will add will be new areas to grind (it seems that that's what defines these types of games, grinding for better gear to grind in higher-level areas, while real user$ buy skins in the process). ngs is not defined as a massively multiplayer online (ngs would only have the "multiplayer online" part), big cities is something a mmo should have (even if it is just to fill the map), but this is not the case. I hope that one day a good futuristic mmo will come out since ngs seems to fall short there. (Or maybe it will evolve as a game to be an mmo and surprise, or disappoint those who want to have an optimal cycle to grind?, or maybe it will evolve to be an idol game?D:)

@Ezodagrom said in ps02 ngs hub cities should be like:

@Golden_Syrup said in ps02 ngs hub cities should be like:

@Chantro tiny village

The point of the hub is to access features that aren't accessible elsewhere, such as shops, class counters and such. A huge city would get in the way of accessibility, no one wants to travel huge distances to access frequently used key features.

Also gotta take into consideration the technical cost of having a huge city, an online RPG like this is supposed to be accessible across a wide range of PCs, so they can't do hub cities that are too complex technically, especially when taking into consideration the lack of loading screens.

This is also the CBT release.

Large cities with latency and far apart vendors would only make bug testing a nightmare.

It's been discovered that there will be multiples cities.

Since you will need a certain number of gear points in order to reach UQ zones, it's entirely possible that the same could be said of new city zones as they release.

@Chantro BDO is just as open world without loading screens NGS should base their hub zones as BDO

Another post from you comparing NGS to BDO? Btw you keep calling PSO a MMO when it has never been classified as an MMO by Sega in the 20 years the series has been running.