A question surrounding pso2es.

Given how big pso2's lore is, I have a question regarding about the "sister" app game pso2ES.

Is the protagonist of ES and The Guardian (PSO2's protagonist) the same character or they're entirely different characters?

Same person, at least on JP, when PSO2es characters appear in the lobby they refer to you as Leader much like in PSO2es.

Since PSO2es links your PSO2 account, your inventory, character looks, outfits are shared - though that is changed if you are using NGS stuff as PSO2es does not support NGS and will default your character into standard race/gender NPC look.

@HarmlessSyan Thank you for the answer it's just that since PSO2es hasn't been brought over from japan I wanted to know about that.

In terms of how PSO2es is handled, you can treat it like a "sidestory" or a "side job" for your character as they are present in both stories. As a result, the Guardian has had "more" adventures with other members of ARKS and were part of the "Darker Busters" team in PSO2es where in the main game you simply are one of the two "Guardians."

However, for other spin-offs like Phantasy Star Nova I am not certain if the player can be the same as the Guardian on the Delta Valiant crew as the game's ending is ambiguous and the main game has not really acknowledged that game's lore and world (otherwise I feel Episode 6 would play out differently) and I believe the player is only mentioned in reference during IDOLA Phantasy Star Saga.

@VanillaLucia said in A question surrounding pso2es.:

In terms of how PSO2es is handled, you can treat it like a "sidestory" or a "side job" for your character as they are present in both stories. As a result, the Guardian has had "more" adventures with other members of ARKS and were part of the "Darker Busters" team in PSO2es where in the main game you simply are one of the two "Guardians."

However, for other spin-offs like Phantasy Star Nova I am not certain if the player can be the same as the Guardian on the Delta Valiant crew as the game's ending is ambiguous and the main game has not really acknowledged that game's lore and world (otherwise I feel Episode 6 would play out differently) and I believe the player is only mentioned in reference during IDOLA Phantasy Star Saga.

It's just I wanted to know about it. So in a way I wanted to see you're answer as well, since you and HarmlessSyan played pso2 jp so.