Where is Xie from JP!?

Fire Swirl event in JP gave us Xie with 20+ emotes, tons of great weaps and units and fashion all for badges. Where is it?

@Matoi said in Where is Xie from JP!?:

Fire Swirl event in JP gave us Xie with 20+ emotes, tons of great weaps and units and fashion all for badges. Where is it?

Not here, donezo, gonezo, however you want to say it. As for the reason they either

A. Forgot about it B. Didn't care C. Are going to add the emotes and fashion later into fresh finds or AC scratch

It should be noted that some of the weapon camos & cosmetics in that Xie(Xia) exchange are Mission Pass items here. So it would have to be modified for Global if they had planned to.

There's been a little speculation that Xia may suddenly appear next week despite the lack of a maintenance as some campaigns are ending then. I'm not sure I believe this since there isn't that much ending. Just some stuff from the Global Anniversary campaign and March 2021 Part 2. We've had way more campaigns/events ending all at once in the past to be replaced by nothing. But it's a possibility raised elsewhere that should be shared here for discussion's sake.

@NotWhoUThink said in Where is Xie from JP!?:

As for the reason they either

A. Forgot about it B. Didn't care C. Are going to add the emotes and fashion later into fresh finds or AC scratch

A and B would not be good signs for the state of PSO2 Global; Sega forgetting about or purposefully ignoring us is what killed BB and PSU.

And C would be outright scummy. Charging us (especially if it's in Fresh Finds, a particularly expensive form of scumminess exclusive to Global) for a lot of content that was recently distributed for free on JP would not go down well.

@Miraglyth said in Where is Xie from JP!?:

As for the reason they either

A and B would not be good signs for the state of PSO2 Global; Sega forgetting about or purposefully ignoring us is what killed BB and PSU.

And C would be outright scummy. Charging us (especially if it's in Fresh Finds, a particularly expensive form of scumminess exclusive to Global) for a lot of content that was recently distributed for free on JP would not go down well.

I mean honestly, would you really be surprised if any of those are the reason why Xie isn't here for this event?

I mean honestly, would you really be surprised if any of those are the reason why Xie isn't here for this event?

Yes? We've broadly had Xia (not Xie) visits that match those of JP, both for client orders and exchange offerings.

Giving JP players a lot of great freebies and then selling those to Global five minutes later would be very unprecedented.

Events are being different on JP and global. There were no Valentine, White Day, Easter this year on JP.

Freebies for global from 4th of July and Thanksgiving were sold as AC scratches on JP.

As people mentioned before in other threads, some of the exchanges from weapon badge 2021 are already in global's mission pass exchange - and the yearly weapon badges are like the RWB, even with the event gone, the exchanges are still there.

no good ass weapons for free no good ass emotes for free no good ass units for free no good ass fashion for free

MAKE IT THE SAME

Giving JP players a lot of great freebies and then selling those to Global five minutes later would be very unprecedented.

Not really though? I mean it has already happened with the Fresh Finds shop on Global with cosmetics on JP being AC Scratch and Fun ticket items appearing on the Global Fresh Finds shop.

@HarmlessSyan said in Where is Xie from JP!?:

Freebies for global from 4th of July and Thanksgiving were sold as AC scratches on JP.

What, this and this? How? Between them they had four outfits, one hairstyle, six furnishings, three or four emotes and maybe eight to ten accessories? Just how on earth would they fill an AC scratch with that little?!

Also JP at least got the Thanksgiving lobby. I'd heard they got the Independence Day lobby too, but maybe that was wrong. I guess Xia just didn't show for those on JP?

To avoid repetition I'll include the rest of my reply at the end since it applies to both responses:

Not really though? I mean it has already happened with the Fresh Finds shop on Global with cosmetics on JP being AC Scratch and Fun ticket items appearing on the Global Fresh Finds shop.

Unless I've missed a recent one, every outfit to have ever been in Fresh Finds was an outfit on JP and most of those are friggin' old. Fresh Finds was always meant to be a catch-up mechanic to give us mostly the tattiest outfits that JP had prior to the addition of the layered wear system.

I share the belief that most of it came from JP AC scratches - which is why it's irrelevant. AC scratch is paid too! They're not freebies in the first place, so while it's awkward that they got migrated from AC Scratch to Fresh Finds, it's at least going from paid to paid which is not what'd happen at a huge scale if the 20th Anniversary exchange was drip-fed through Fresh Finds at an extortionate SG cost to Global players who are already starved of it.

As for items that were FUN scratch on JP and migrated to Fresh Finds on Global, can you give an example? Last I'd checked FUN scratch content on JP and Global took from the same overall pool of items.

In any case, even if it did happen, what you're describing here is items that JP got from events or campaigns several years ago, long before Global existed. We couldn't have had a mirrored event or celebration with them at the time because we had no game to have them on. But the 20th Anniversay event we should have got in the first place because PSO is 20 years old globally? That's a campaign that JP got after Global basically caught up.

To both: We're not just talking two small sets of items like Independence and Thanksgiving either.

This list is potentially incomplete. It has 23 emotes alone, which is more than the items total from Independence and Thanksgiving. It has 69 outfits, accessories, and evolution devices, a tiny portion of which have been in Global campaigns and Mission Pass (gold tiers) very long ago but far more of which Global has never seen. 49 weapon camos too.

So we're looking at around 150 cosmetic items Global is firstly missing out on (at the moment at least) and which surely nobody could seriously think would be fairly provided via Fresh Finds instead. It would take weeks of filling Fresh Finds to the brim, and cost a frankly ludicrous amount of SG for content JP get for free.

This would not be right.

Please add her even if she gives nothing. She is my fave NPC.

@Miraglyth well the scratch was https://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-ac-scratch-prodigy-psychic/ while it didn't fill the scratch, it took up a good chunk of it and rolling those in AC scratch is basically getting a recycle badge. And no, Xia/Xie never came for JP's thanksgiving and there was no 4th of July lobby last year, JP had the Tanabata (holiday on 7/7) lobby instead during the same time

A more complete list of the weapon badge shop can be seen https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Weapons_Badge_Exchange_Shop

While the list does look amazing and big - any JP player that been playing for awhile will enter those lobby action or accessory shops and see that nearly everything is grayed out (already owned) and those aren't grayed out are most likely owned and just not account bound. It is just a repository of past event items - part of the winding down of PSO2 on the JP side. The fanfest outfit were a plus though, couldn't get those if you didn't go to the PSO2 fanfest meetups

Global have yet to get to the winding down mode for PSO2 yet, there's still constantly "new" things released - while on JP is just making old things easier to obtain - other than the oracle renew collection scratches which are just mostly updated version of old outfits - nearly nothing is new on JP. Much like the permanent AC/SG scratches and now even FUN scratch is sorta permanent with choice tickets every 30 pulls and all consumables (besides room reform/theme tickets) are removed.

the scratch was https://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-ac-scratch-prodigy-psychic/ while it didn't fill the scratch, it took up a good chunk of it

Sounds like a fair description. Thanks for the info!

A more complete list of the weapon badge shop can be seen https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Weapons_Badge_Exchange_Shop

We've definitely had many of those camos before. Some we have seen in Mission Pass, but I'd say more are from a combination of campaigns (Liter Wasser, Magical Lollipop, Rappy Bag, Miracle Magic, Teru Teru Rappy, the Ehre set...), seasonal enemy drops (Rose Bouquet, Let's Go Summer, Frog-en-Ciel...) and ARKS Hour codes (Apoptosis, Aristokrone, Hyper Ninja).

And oh look, there's Rose Saber and the HUnewearl body pillow. Sure would be nice for this event to have finally allowed PC players to get those for the first time ever, since the former was pretty much the only Season 1 item that was not included in the Season 5 prize pool and the latter is one of the many Season 2 items to have never reappeared in the renewals from 11 onwards.

If I had to guess, was most of this list is from stuff that tends to roll around annually on JP? Perhaps this is being set up as a permanent source for these items so seasons and events can be moved entirely to New Genesis.

While the list does look amazing and big - any JP player that been playing for awhile will enter those lobby action or accessory shops and see that nearly everything is grayed out (already owned) and those aren't grayed out are most likely owned and just not account bound. It is just a repository of past event items - part of the winding down of PSO2 on the JP side. The fanfest outfit were a plus though, couldn't get those if you didn't go to the PSO2 fanfest meetups

...that's what I get for replying in-line without reading a post first. 😅

My unchanging question should have been really obvious though - What does it matter that JP got them before?

I don't think PSO2 Global has seen a single one of those emotes. Why aren't we like newer JP players (few though they may be) allowed to get in on the celebration? It would be real nice for us to not be excluded from this sort of thing now Global has supposedly caught up with JP and its players have just as much right to celebrate 20 years of PSO as Japan.

Global have yet to get to the winding down mode for PSO2 yet, there's still constantly "new" things released - while on JP is just making old things easier to obtain. Much like the permanent AC/SG scratches and now even FUN scratch is sorta permanent with choice tickets every 30 pulls and all consumables (besides room reform/theme tickets) are removed.

Shouldn't surprise you that I've already asked for Global to get news of Permanent SG Scratch ASAP.

That list doesn't just look big - it is big. That's more items than have been available from probably any five events Global has had combined, and more than multiple seasons of Mission Pass. More even than could fit into two months of Fresh Finds at its current pace, and to remind that would cost a fortune in SG that Global players were never given (lately JP have been getting SG way faster, including a campaign that gives 1800 just for having level 100 classes!).

More to the point, yes it's a wind-down and a good way to make lots of content available permanently, but people keep saying JP and Global are supposed to be getting New Genesis launched simultaneously. If we don't get all this stuff when JP do, and then New Genesis lands before Global has a chance to make it available, there's every chance it'll be forgotten and Global will simply never get it.

I think that risk is worth calling out.