Does sega even play their game?

Easter and Fire swirl are both complete wastes of time. I'd rather have the schedule be filled with more Persona, Luther, and Lament. TPD can just disappear too since we have solo Sodam that drops the stones for gear, and it's not like the uq version really drops anything when the anniversary boosts are gone.

no they don't play or read the forums, they basically have automatic updates setup till NGS thats why nothing requested matters and won't be added. Waiting for global NGS to be just as bad

@Star-Platinum While very rare, the primordial urgent can drop the units, while the solo ultimate quest doesn't. And even though the anniversary boost is gone, there's still the occasional weekend boosts, I luckily got 2 unit drops in the weekend boosts, while I didn't get anything from the annivesary boost.

About Fire Swirl, I wouldn't call "S1: Augment Will 2" a waste of time (I got one of those yesterday).

If you need Rising Weapon Badge 5's, you should be hoarding them now from Fire Swirl.

@Star-Platinum Fire Swirl is, to my knowledge, an older UQ brought back for the recent anniversary (and slightly updated), but by design, it DOES show its age. Wild Easter is pretty much the same one I played on JP last year, which very well may be the same as it was previous years, but that much I can't say.

It's fine to be a little underwhelmed or even irritated by the current UQ schedule, but it would be unreasonable to expect it to always be exactly what you or me or anyone wants, any and every time. Hell, both Apprentices just recently got an Ultra Hard update on JP, and neither of those are particularly ones I'm looking forward to if and when they arrive. . . but I won't hold issue with their arrival.

In other words, and as special note to the post following yours: Can't always get what you want, but it's a little tough to complain knowing you're neither being denied things purely for being dated content (lest someone snark the usual "All the content" bit) nor completely left high and dry. . . especially when they're literally about to tack a whole new game onto the one you're already playing, FREE, and allowing you to use the same player data between both.

@Vmx said in Does sega even play their game?:

no they don't play or read the forums

Basically this, people have been asking for stuff like the ultimate booster exchange for a very long time and nothing ever happened. Then one of their guests during ARKS HOUR mentioned it and they said that adding the exchange "wasn't planned" but they implemented it immediately the next day during their update. We probably have a similar situation with other various issues, I don't think that they withhold these things deliberately to screw over the playerbase but they don't seem to care unless they get called out for it during one of their official events.

@Vmx said in Does sega even play their game?:

Waiting for global NGS to be just as bad

I can see that happening, they seem to be busy collecting feedback during their betas but that's about it. Player surveys are rather rare and if they really cared about "improving the player experience" as much as they claim to then we would have to see a bigger survey at least on a yearly basis (with follow up surveys if necessary) and smaller ones a couple of weeks after major content releases.

@Ryoga They seem to be paying a bit more attention, we've got the secon survey in less than 6 months. We had one at the end of November an they've got a campaign for a new one right now.

Fire Swirl event wouldn't be bad if it as like JP where u get all the emotes on the shop and fashion items and good weapons and units. Idk where the heck is Xie?!

Fire Swirl is still pretty good money if you rush to save the NPCs and turn all those RWB5 into cubes via RWB1 Nox weapons. With a decent party and a good way to take out fires you could probably get 8-10 runs done per window (which are frequent) for 8-10m meseta in half an hour. Even solo just doing what you can, 6m is quite viable which is neat for the time and has no hassle with storage.

@Ezodagrom said in Does sega even play their game?:

@Star-Platinum While very rare, the primordial urgent can drop the units, while the solo ultimate quest doesn't. And even though the anniversary boost is gone, there's still the occasional weekend boosts, I luckily got 2 unit drops in the weekend boosts, while I didn't get anything from the annivesary boost.

About Fire Swirl, I wouldn't call "S1: Augment Will 2" a waste of time (I got one of those yesterday).

Can you provide picture proof of this.

I can see that happening, they seem to be busy collecting feedback during their betas but that's about it. Player surveys are rather rare and if they really cared about "improving the player experience" as much as they claim to then we would have to see a bigger survey at least on a yearly basis (with follow up surveys if necessary) and smaller ones a couple of weeks after major content releases.

One could say NGS by design is built on much of the feedback they've gotten even before people played it; an easy example being the simpler, more economical affixing system. There's far more to it than just that, but let that be something people discover for themselves if/when they play the beta, or even the full release. Also, to look at what PSO2 was in Episode 1 and what it is in 6 shows an evolution that surely wasn't done solely at the discretion of Sega alone, but then we're talking about an 8 year evolution of the game by both players and devs that we got a very condensed and remixed 1 year version of due to being so late to the party (at no fault of our own, of course), so said growth could be easily overlooked.

As it stands, I know it's popular to be cynical or harbor low expectation in the name of avoiding disappointment, but I have to say, from a different perspective, I really only keep getting reasons to be even more excited for what's to come. Maybe others will too if/when they get to actually try NGS?

@Fattest-Leg I didn't think to take a pic the moment it dropped, while these don't exactly prove that it dropped from fire swirl, here's a pic of the augment already on my weapon and also a pic of my action log showing the moment when I picked it up (the blacked out part in the log is my id number).

https://i.imgur.com/RbIJ1S1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xoFcMQa.jpg

@Miraglyth said in Does sega even play their game?:

Fire Swirl is still pretty good money if you rush to save the NPCs and turn all those RWB5 into cubes via RWB1 Nox weapons. With a decent party and a good way to take out fires you could probably get 8-10 runs done per window (which are frequent) for 8-10m meseta in half an hour. Even solo just doing what you can, 6m is quite viable which is neat for the time and has no hassle with storage.

I never considered turning RWB5 into cubes (!) I will have to look into this I have far too many RWB4/5. Thank you.

@Doom-Smack said in Does sega even play their game?:

I will have to look into this

There's speculation we may yet get Xia visiting next week or the week after before Swirling Inferno leaves. I have my doubts but it'd be horrid to convert them all into money and then for a late exchange to ask for thousands. May be worth hedging your bets a little. 👍

@Ezodagrom Very nice find! I'm looking for this and skydance support.