CBT - MS Store exclusive.

As a Steam user, I’m honestly so put off by the exclusion that I’m not bothering with CBT. I don’t want to use the Microsoft store and I never will, I would sooner delete my game than use it. Maybe that’s extreme or petty but that’s how I feel.

I don't get why they can't make the game installable without use of a store or anything like that even. Like set up a login system so you use the microsoft account but don't need to use the store itself. Then have the launcher handle the updates and file verification and things like that. Why does the game even need to be bound to stores?

@Riesz said in CBT - MS Store exclusive.:

I don't get why they can't make the game installable without use of a store or anything like that even. Like set up a login system so you use the microsoft account but don't need to use the store itself. Then have the launcher handle the updates and file verification and things like that. Why does the game even need to be bound to stores?

Tweaker.

Sucks we have to use that though. Have to remember Microsoft has an exclusive contract with Sega outside of Japan for Phantasy Star series now. If not for them Sega would of horded that title and still be using the excuse "we don't think there is a market outside of Japan" for their hard-core stereotyping.

If Microsoft only ask we try their stores first before it gets released to other stores then I say let them have it. I wouldn't even call it a price to pay since it's basically accessible to everyone.

They fixed their issues on the MS store that caused PSO2 file corruption and doesn't really delete itself or says it's deleted(though not really) anymore.

Because these stores are the ones that are hosting the game's files and they're the ones handling the payment processes. Without them SEGA would have to handle all of that themselves instead.

The turns sure have tabled from the days when PC players were denied a beta and XBOX players were gloating over it.

Nonetheless, i do hope everyone gets a chance, if not this time, at least on the next, despite how they acted back then.

Tables sure have turned around I remember allot xbox players being toxic towards pc players. But now with new genesis cbt being pc MS store exclusive. They are now the ones complaining and being toxic once again. Man I am glad I ignored those people that told me just buy a xbox one and stfu. Because microsoft made a deal with sega to bring pso2 to the west.

Guess it was worth it to upgrade windows 8 to 10 when it was free.

Glad I kept using Microsoft Store AND Xbox. Staying in the Microsoft eco system is where I prefer to be.

Same I only play pso2 through microsoft store and the xbox app. I can understand why people moved to steam even if one of the reasons was dumb like they don't like launchers and only want 1. Even though I had only one issue with microsoft store and it seems to have fixed it self.

@kyamell said in CBT - MS Store exclusive.:

Same I only play pso2 through microsoft store and the xbox app. I can understand why people moved to steam even if one of the reasons was dumb like they don't like launchers and only want 1. Even though I had only one issue with microsoft store and it seems to have fixed it self.

A lot of issues in the past year with the MS store has been fixed. Thanks to their emphasis on the game pass they were forced to fix it quickly.

Sadly it did put a lot of bad tastes in the mouth of its users due to the issues it once had. While most are gone people are still parroting the issues despite that they no longer exist.

@Zeke said in CBT - MS Store exclusive.:

A lot of issues in the past year with the MS store has been fixed. Thanks to their emphasis on the game pass they were forced to fix it quickly.

Sadly it did put a lot of bad tastes in the mouth of its users due to the issues it once had. While most are gone people are still parroting the issues despite that they no longer exist.

Someone that used to be my friend is one of them asked him often. If he wanted to play pso2 after some issue he was dealing with got fixed. And now I see him ranting over this non existing issue and new genesis cbt on reddit and media sites. Even though he can play microsoft store version just fine.

He can't play it through steam either cause of were he lives in the EU. But even though you can bypass it in less then 2 mins he doesn't feel like doing it.

Tables sure have turned around I remember allot xbox players being toxic towards pc players. But now with new genesis cbt being pc MS store exclusive. They are now the ones complaining and being toxic once again. Man I am glad I ignored those people that told me just buy a xbox one and stfu. Because microsoft made a deal with sega to bring pso2 to the west.

Guess it was worth it to upgrade windows 8 to 10 when it was free.

What? I’m literally the only Xbox person that posted in this thread, and all I did was ask a question. So how am I being toxic?

I was sad too about MS Store, but it's okay; I'll do it. q_q lol Maybe if I ever get interview for Microsoft, and they ask me what was a difficult challenge I overcame? I'll say playing PSO2 on launch.

@Zeke said in CBT - MS Store exclusive.:

Thanks to their emphasis on the game pass they were forced to fix it quickly.

It was still an issue when the game landed on Steam over 2 months later, and I heard from people whose Microsoft Store installations were breaking as late as October, 5 months after Microsoft Store release.

I know most(all?) of the Microsoft Store issues have been fixed but a lot of the solutions in the past were downloading a third party program to get the game to run. To me that’s just unacceptable we even needed a solution outside of the company itself fixing their game. I’m happy Microsoft got us our Global version but I’m still very much not ok with using their store right now.

I wouldn’t say I’m outright mad or anything, if I honest to god needed to play CBT then I probably would’ve sucked it up but I’m honestly too busy to be a useful tester right now anyway. I’m a little bummed so I hope you lucky testers show lots of pics of your beautiful new NGS character looks!

@Ezodagrom said in CBT - MS Store exclusive.:

Because these stores are the ones that are hosting the game's files and they're the ones handling the payment processes. Without them SEGA would have to handle all of that themselves instead.

And? They could host it on some microsoft page, I mean it's a beta test, why does it need to be on the actual store? They could easily do it that way. Like you know how other games did it before these stores existed?