CBT - MS Store exclusive.

A-ha-ha-ha

A-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha

"participation reward"

A-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA)))

==========================================

And so... What do you think about this? Steam users, are you happy? EGS users?

As a Steam user, I am infinitely grateful for the inability to take part in the CBT and receive awards for participation. Thank you! I have been waiting for the start of the CBT for so long and now I am happy to know that I will not get there. You just can't imagine the size of my happiness and gratitude to the developers! Thanks again!

I hope all other users of Steam and EGS are happy as I am.

@DoubleMoonkin said in CBT - MS Store exclusive.:

A-ha-ha-ha

A-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha

"participation reward"

A-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA)))

==========================================

And so... What do you think about this? Steam users, are you happy? EGS users?

As a Steam user, I am infinitely grateful for the inability to take part in the CBT and receive awards for participation. Thank you! I have been waiting for the start of the CBT for so long and now I am happy to know that I will not get there. You just can't imagine the size of my happiness and gratitude to the developers! Thanks again!

I hope all other users of Steam and EGS are happy as I am.

You're welcome.

Microsoft is the reason PSO2 is even released to the rest if the world. Want that to change? Next time convince Sega to stop hording their game titles.

I'm sure they'll open it up to the other platforms. Glad I've sworn by MS Store 😉

Are Xbox players considered part of the Microsoft store? Cause it says windows 10 PC for platform?

Honestly I have little issue with it. This is nothing like the PSO2 February 2020 closed beta where none of the PC stores worked.

I know some people struggle with Microsoft Store setup but I do believe anyone who really wants to get it working can. Especially since region-switching the store is no longer necessary as they opened it up from being North America only to most regions (more than Steam at first) during the Steam release in August last year. And I hear users in countries where PSO2 is typically not available due to loot box regulations already have an easier time getting around that with the Microsoft Store than with Steam or EGS.

Arguably the biggest barrier this really gives players is it's only available on Windows 10; to my understanding the Microsoft Store app isn't available on Windows 7 / Vista, which would also mean the Xbox Insider Hub app needed to sign up is not available even if we imagine there might be a tweaker-style install during the closed beta period itself. But I view that as a rather trivial limitation considering Windows 10 has been around for almost 6 years now (it's not quite relatable but imagine still using Windows 98 in 2007 six years after XP released!) and the vast majority of PCs that can run NGS in the first place probably came with it.

And this is still nothing compared to Xbox users who can't take part no matter what. Like PC users last year, they don't even have the option to temporarily use a method that is a pain to get working. To me that means anyone that does have that option is being a little petty with their complaint.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in CBT - MS Store exclusive.:

Are Xbox players considered part of the Microsoft store? Cause it says windows 10 PC for platform?

Only for PC, ms store version.

@Miraglyth said in CBT - MS Store exclusive.:

And this is still nothing compared to Xbox users who can't take part no matter what.

Except it is as the same logic you used to be dismissive of those who don't have Windows 10 can be applied here: "I view that as a rather trivial limitation considering the vast majority of people probably have one.". Sounds about right, no?

@Ryoga said in CBT - MS Store exclusive.:

And this is still nothing compared to Xbox users who can't take part no matter what.

Except it is as the same logic you used to be dismissive of those who don't have Windows 10 can be applied here: "I view that as a rather trivial limitation considering the vast majority of people probably have one.". Sounds about right, no?

Do you think anyone who plays on Xbox, would be playing on Xbox if they had a pc capable of running base pso2, never mind beta ngs?

Theirs horrendous load times, lag, awful frame rate if a block is even remotely full, just to name a few examples. The people playing on Xbox are playing it there cause they have no where else to play it. Their might be some that use their Xbox from time to time who play on pc, but I guarantee their first choice would still be pc, and would only be playing on Xbox cause the they can’t get to their pc for whatever reason.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in CBT - MS Store exclusive.:

Do you think anyone who plays on Xbox, would be playing on Xbox if they had a pc capable of running base pso2, never mind beta ngs?

Theirs horrendous load times, lag, awful frame rate if a block is even remotely full, just to name a few examples. The people playing on Xbox are playing it there cause they have no where else to play it. Their might be some that use their Xbox from time to time who play on pc, but I guarantee their first choice would still be pc, and would only be playing on Xbox cause the they can’t get to their pc for whatever reason.

That's beside the point, the argument was "it only applies to a small amount of people so the issue is trivial" and yes there are people who prefer to play on console even tho PC would be better from a technical point of view.

That you needed to make up a quote should probably speak for itself. (To save others time: He copied part of my sentence saying "I view that as a rather trivial limitation considering..." and then completely made up the rest.)

Do the vast majority of gamers have a gaming PC? No. That's why consoles exist. PSO2 has a sizeable Xbox playerbase and a significant portion of those likely do not own a gaming PC capable of playing New Genesis. I didn't and wouldn't say that, and my post you misquoted clearly separated out Xbox users due to this.

I view the Microsoft Store requirement for PC players as a minor limitation, because until I hear about a good example to the contrary I believe every PC that could play New Genesis or its beta can run Windows 10 which has almost always been available for free by one means or another, which has been the standard PC OS for several years now and which - as of the March 2021 Steam Hardware & Software survey for PC - has over 96% coverage on PC now. I'm confident most of the remainder either has the means to update or couldn't run NGS anyway.

Though I can, and very much will try to participate in the beta, I want to go on record saying I'm not happy at all they decided to go this route with it. Most of my buddies play on Steam and a few on Xbox. . . I was kinda looking forward to playing this beta WITH them, you know? I could accept if perhaps some of us didn't get into the beta, but just being completely ineligible due to choice of platform is a pretty bad feel.

Forget all the platform politics or rhetoric, the core issue is a simple one: people that currently play together REGARDLESS of platform just got told they can't, and that just sucks all the excitement out of it. A bit of clarity might be nice on this one. Is this perhaps a first run, and Steam/Epic/Xbox will get theirs later?

That you needed to make up a quote should probably speak for itself. (To save others time: He copied part of my sentence saying "I view that as a rather trivial limitation considering..." and then completely made up the rest.)

That wasn't me making up a quote so what are you talking about? That part was to show that your logic could also be applied to other subjects. All you're doing here is making up a non issue to distract from the argument at hand.

Do the vast majority of gamers have a gaming PC? No. That's why consoles exist.

Consoles exist for another reason but many people who own consoles also own a PC. There are probably many players who own a home console instead of a PC but I have no doubt that this is a minority which can also be said about PCs without Win 10. But if it was as rare as you wanted to make it out to be then we wouldn't see such an "outcry" every time the topic of exclusivity (not just in regards to PSO2 but in general) is brought up.

I believe every PC that could play New Genesis or its beta can run Windows 10 which has almost always been available for free by one means or another

So it's basically "just hope that you can get it for free". Now buying it for cheap for those who really want to is also an option but the same thing can be said about a PC that meets the minimum requirements.

@ThirdChild-ZKI It's a beta, not a demo, the main purpose is to test the servers with a limited amount of players, and not for players to try out the game.

No XBox version of the beta is likely because of development reasons, the EN beta is likely based on the JP CBT2 version of NGS (which was PC only), which means that it's an older build of the game than what they have at the moment in development.

About the Win10 Store exclusivity, there's obviously the Microsoft influence in this of course, but there may be technical reasons as well. After all, they're using XBox's insider hub to handle the invitations, adding the other PC platforms to the beta means they would have to use other systems to handle the invitations.

Steam does have a system to handle invitations for closed betas, but it's a very recent system that is still in beta itself (I didn't even know that system existed until yesterday, seems like it's been around since November last year), while Epic Store I have no idea if they have such a system at all.

If NGS gets an open beta at all, I think such a version won't have the platform limitations that the closed beta has. Or at the very least the release version should be for all platforms at once.

Windows 7 has reached end of life status and it's not officially supported by PSO2 or NGS, even if the Steam version of PSO2 can run on Windows 7.

@Ezodagrom said in CBT - MS Store exclusive.:

If NGS gets an open beta at all

I would hope so, the fact that they make the CBT "first come first served" means that the casuals (which usually make up the vast majority of the playerbase in any given game) won't be able to participate in it which to some degree devalues the feedback you get form it.

@Ezodagrom said in CBT - MS Store exclusive.:

Windows 7 has reached end of life status and it's not officially supported by PSO2 or NGS, even if the Steam version of PSO2 can run on Windows 7.

not Win 10 ≠ Win 7

Also, this is not a technical issue.