PSO2 NA, a analysis/rant on the good, the bad, the content

@Church10129 said in PSO2 NA, a analysis/rant on the good, the bad, the content:

@Theuberclips @RikaPSO I can verify this claim https://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-maintenance-02-27-2019/

Character & Weapon Training Campaign - Performing Quick Searches with a PSO2 linked account on PSO2es will also reward you with Lambda Grinders and an Add Ability (Mark Receptor)!

Its listed under PSO2es Tasks.

Thankyou, I was looking for that and couldn't find it. I was close though. Was looking for it around march that year.

No problem, just glad I could help.

@Fattest-Leg said in PSO2 NA, a analysis/rant on the good, the bad, the content:

@Riesz said in PSO2 NA, a analysis/rant on the good, the bad, the content:

@Fattest-Leg said in PSO2 NA, a analysis/rant on the good, the bad, the content:

• Voice tickets? What's so hard about this one? These voices EXIST ingame already and always have. Partner characters have these voices, why can't we? "But then we'd have to pay the...", then pay them. Fine if you can't get voices for every anime collab ticket, but not the base game voices???

"Then pay them" It shows that you've never looked into how expensive some of the voice actors voice packages may be, VA contracts are very specific and when making a "Voice ticket sale" you need to specify a time period in which these will be sold and how much % of the revenue the VA's agency will get from the sale, so while they most likely did a contract such as "Use voice for BOSS , Story , Partners" you're technically not selling those so the agency doesn't get a cut out of that aside from the premium paid for the job done initially , so if they were to sell the voice tickets again that would be paying EACH individual VA which is a TON of money involved for something that not a lot of people might invest in due to a lot of players just playing with a muted game.

I know neither SEGA nor Microsoft would want to do it for free, but for the voices already in-game they should make them available some other way, if giving the voice actors a cut of the money for voice tickets is the issue. If it's too expensive for that reason then making them available for free would be the only other option. Just not giving them to us in any way seems like a weird decision though.

Oh yeah, Just make them free, It's not like VA contracts are very specific and notate when and where the voice will be used! Nah it couldn't be that they have to still pay a premium to remake a contract for the Global version of the game and then just get nothing out of it right? surely the voice actors wouldn't mind voice acting for free out of the kindness of their heart and taking their time.

That's how ridiculous this statement sounds, again , Please read more into how VA agencies in JP work.

Sorry dude, but your own wording is what lead to me saying this. You know cuz they already "paid the premium initially" for the same game just available in another region. So by that wording they shouldn't have to pay to continue making them available unless they are being sold again. You're the one who brought up not being a re-sale being a thing that wouldn't require them to give a cut to the voice actors agencies.

@Church10129 said in PSO2 NA, a analysis/rant on the good, the bad, the content:

@Theuberclips @RikaPSO I can verify this claim https://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-maintenance-02-27-2019/

Character & Weapon Training Campaign - Performing Quick Searches with a PSO2 linked account on PSO2es will also reward you with Lambda Grinders and an Add Ability (Mark Receptor)!

Its listed under PSO2es Tasks.

I see. I don't think they've done anything similar since then have they? I know all the other normal receptors come from it (soul/factor/reverie/gift/extreme and glare soon) but I didn't see anything similar in 2020 personally.

A one time campaign still makes it seem kinda fair to me, but regardless Mark Receptors weren't relevant for that long. Though to be fair, it wouldn't have really hurt things that much to just give everyone a Mark Receptor on Global. Especially now that we have Klauz, and fitting a Mark on that where it doesn't feel like you're wasting the receptor is kinda... weird.

• Voice tickets? What's so hard about this one? These voices EXIST ingame already and always have. Partner characters have these voices, why can't we? "But then we'd have to pay the...", then pay them. Fine if you can't get voices for every anime collab ticket, but not the base game voices???

"Then pay them" It shows that you've never looked into how expensive some of the voice actors voice packages may be, VA contracts are very specific and when making a "Voice ticket sale" you need to specify a time period in which these will be sold and how much % of the revenue the VA's agency will get from the sale, so while they most likely did a contract such as "Use voice for BOSS , Story , Partners" you're technically not selling those so the agency doesn't get a cut out of that aside from the premium paid for the job done initially , so if they were to sell the voice tickets again that would be paying EACH individual VA which is a TON of money involved for something that not a lot of people might invest in due to a lot of players just playing with a muted game.

I know neither SEGA nor Microsoft would want to do it for free, but for the voices already in-game they should make them available some other way, if giving the voice actors a cut of the money for voice tickets is the issue. If it's too expensive for that reason then making them available for free would be the only other option. Just not giving them to us in any way seems like a weird decision though.

Oh yeah, Just make them free, It's not like VA contracts are very specific and notate when and where the voice will be used! Nah it couldn't be that they have to still pay a premium to remake a contract for the Global version of the game and then just get nothing out of it right? surely the voice actors wouldn't mind voice acting for free out of the kindness of their heart and taking their time.

That's how ridiculous this statement sounds, again , Please read more into how VA agencies in JP work.

Sorry dude, but your own wording is what lead to me saying this. You know cuz they already "paid the premium initially" for the same game just available in another region. So by that wording they shouldn't have to pay to continue making them available unless they are being sold again. You're the one who brought up not being a re-sale being a thing that wouldn't require them to give a cut to the voice actors agencies.

I'm done with this, please do your research before talking about something you clearly have no idea about.