PSO2 NA, a analysis/rant on the good, the bad, the content

@Ryoga I have no idea how uncommon are the capsules on Fire Swirl, I got the S1 in only my 2nd set of runs (I didn't even know it dropped there), either they're not extremely rare or I was extremely lucky, hmm...

Worth noting that these capsules (or at least the S1 that I found) don't go directly into the inventory, they have to be manually picked up, I almost didn't notice it...

I am annoyed by the exclusion of certain EQs either from the scheduled instances or in general. Only got to run Guides of Creation twice, never ran TDVR because I didn't want to get booted for "bad gear" when people were grinding out runs. TD2 and Profound Invasion missing from global is also real unfortunate for us.

I can't handle the CM3 cockteasing help

@Unintentional said in PSO2 NA, a analysis/rant on the good, the bad, the content:

I can't handle the CM3 cockteasing help

I'm sure we're gettin cm3 soon. They still should show us planned updates well in advance though! 😧

@Fattest-Leg said in PSO2 NA, a analysis/rant on the good, the bad, the content:

• Voice tickets? What's so hard about this one? These voices EXIST ingame already and always have. Partner characters have these voices, why can't we? "But then we'd have to pay the...", then pay them. Fine if you can't get voices for every anime collab ticket, but not the base game voices???

"Then pay them" It shows that you've never looked into how expensive some of the voice actors voice packages may be, VA contracts are very specific and when making a "Voice ticket sale" you need to specify a time period in which these will be sold and how much % of the revenue the VA's agency will get from the sale, so while they most likely did a contract such as "Use voice for BOSS , Story , Partners" you're technically not selling those so the agency doesn't get a cut out of that aside from the premium paid for the job done initially , so if they were to sell the voice tickets again that would be paying EACH individual VA which is a TON of money involved for something that not a lot of people might invest in due to a lot of players just playing with a muted game.

I know neither SEGA nor Microsoft would want to do it for free, but for the voices already in-game they should make them available some other way, if giving the voice actors a cut of the money for voice tickets is the issue. If it's too expensive for that reason then making them available for free would be the only other option. Just not giving them to us in any way seems like a weird decision though.

To make the obvious point... if voice actors got a cut of sales, wouldn't PSO2 retain the rest and wouldn't that still be more than the nothing they'd get from either distributing them for free or not making them available in the first place?

Perhaps the tricky part is how you register a sale. If they're part of an AC scratch with other items, how do you measure the intent of every player that uses that scratch that the voice tickets were either the only reason they scratched or had nothing to do with it? Or if it was somewhere in between and the voice tickets swayed players into scratching for something else they wanted but otherwise wouldn't have scratched for?

This gets slightly more complicated with SG considering that's ostensibly a freemium currency that is both bought and on a limited basis given for free. Even before considering the split they'd have to work out how to enumerate the real-world value of an SG scratch with that complication.

One way to circumvent all that would be to just sell voice tickets directly for AC, maybe for a period of time in the AC Shop. If the sales cut is then the biggest hurdle they could approach actor/s and/or their agency/ies and open with an offer to share... I don't know, 10%, 30%? Of the income from those direct sales for the use of the combat lines already recorded and used by their partner card and emergency trial instances.

Some other thing's I'd like to add:

• Our ship screen. The several other ships in "maintenance" is just weird. Seems really "unprofessional" I guess? Also every player notices this one. This one can still be dealt with, not sure why it hasn't been.

• Several PC clients. I can see why they're doing it. Hoping to get more players by being on multiple platforms. I still don't like it though. This one's super up to debate. I'm sure some players don't mind this and I accept that. Maybe just a nitpick with me. I guess I just like everything being in one place. However this leads to something a lot of you might care about a bit more. My next point.

• No extra security option like jp has (second factor authentication?). I think they get a code texted to their phone if signed up for it when they want to sign in. Apparently due to not having a "main sega account" we can't actually get this. Really unfortunate. I would like this feature.

• JP got mark receptors before outside of AC/SG sources. I THINK the first ones were available via a campaign and not from ac/sg. NA should have had a campaign for these in my opinion at least once that wasn't locked behind scratching 30+ times. Just found this one scummy.

-will add to main post- let me know if there's any other points you would like added to the main post

@RikaPSO said in PSO2 NA, a analysis/rant on the good, the bad, the content:

JP got mark receptors before outside of AC/SG sources.

??? I'ma need a source on this. Swiki doesn't back this up, the first Mark Receptor was from an AC Scratch bonus in September 2018 on JP and all of them have been AC Scratch or SG Scratch.

@Riesz said in PSO2 NA, a analysis/rant on the good, the bad, the content:

@Fattest-Leg said in PSO2 NA, a analysis/rant on the good, the bad, the content:

• Voice tickets? What's so hard about this one? These voices EXIST ingame already and always have. Partner characters have these voices, why can't we? "But then we'd have to pay the...", then pay them. Fine if you can't get voices for every anime collab ticket, but not the base game voices???

"Then pay them" It shows that you've never looked into how expensive some of the voice actors voice packages may be, VA contracts are very specific and when making a "Voice ticket sale" you need to specify a time period in which these will be sold and how much % of the revenue the VA's agency will get from the sale, so while they most likely did a contract such as "Use voice for BOSS , Story , Partners" you're technically not selling those so the agency doesn't get a cut out of that aside from the premium paid for the job done initially , so if they were to sell the voice tickets again that would be paying EACH individual VA which is a TON of money involved for something that not a lot of people might invest in due to a lot of players just playing with a muted game.

I know neither SEGA nor Microsoft would want to do it for free, but for the voices already in-game they should make them available some other way, if giving the voice actors a cut of the money for voice tickets is the issue. If it's too expensive for that reason then making them available for free would be the only other option. Just not giving them to us in any way seems like a weird decision though.

Oh yeah, Just make them free, It's not like VA contracts are very specific and notate when and where the voice will be used! Nah it couldn't be that they have to still pay a premium to remake a contract for the Global version of the game and then just get nothing out of it right? surely the voice actors wouldn't mind voice acting for free out of the kindness of their heart and taking their time.

That's how ridiculous this statement sounds, again , Please read more into how VA agencies in JP work.

@Riesz said in PSO2 NA, a analysis/rant on the good, the bad, the content:

Oh yeah, Just make them free, It's not like VA contracts are very specific and notate when and where the voice will be used! Nah it couldn't be that they have to still pay a premium to remake a contract for the Global version of the game and then just get nothing out of it right? surely the voice actors wouldn't mind voice acting for free out of the kindness of their heart and taking their time.

That's how ridiculous this statement sounds, again , Please read more into how VA agencies in JP work.

they read out like what 10 lines of three words max and some grunts? big deal. not like they read out war and peace.

@Ki-Rin It doesn't matter if it's just a few voiced lines and grunts, JP VA contracts can be very restrictive.

I can honestly understand not getting voice tickets right away, or not getting them at all, considering voice tickets probably have the most legal stuff going on, and global is like a year old, and they are focusing on NGS. I don't understand why we dont have the rest of the comi characters tho.

Can't wait till we get voice generation to the point where it can reliably replace VAs. Sucks for the VAs but it's going to be better for the product overall.

@Theuberclips said in PSO2 NA, a analysis/rant on the good, the bad, the content:

@RikaPSO said in PSO2 NA, a analysis/rant on the good, the bad, the content:

JP got mark receptors before outside of AC/SG sources.

??? I'ma need a source on this. Swiki doesn't back this up, the first Mark Receptor was from an AC Scratch bonus in September 2018 on JP and all of them have been AC Scratch or SG Scratch.

I'm not sure the first time myself (it's the first time I personally saw one available though). There definitely was at least once source outside of ac/sg though 100%. They had a campaign that anyone could do a specific task on pso2 es would get a mark receptor. We may not have pso2 es but we do have campaigns though. I think this happened either at the end of episode 5 or beginning of episode 6. I remember affixing the trailblazer I had with the mark receptor I was given from this.

@Theuberclips @RikaPSO I can verify this claim https://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-maintenance-02-27-2019/

Character & Weapon Training Campaign - Performing Quick Searches with a PSO2 linked account on PSO2es will also reward you with Lambda Grinders and an Add Ability (Mark Receptor)!

Its listed under PSO2es Tasks.