PSO2 NA, a analysis/rant on the good, the bad, the content

It does feel like we get the leftover scraps sometimes, not enough thought or care is put into our version. They can’t even give us every color of the outfits we buy, something they would profit from and they still don’t care. It doesn’t feel like we get the full experience at all, especially not our confusing hashed together scratches.

source : https://youtu.be/0A53ygbQf44

1.jpg Xia's shop

2.jpg Rivalate unit, Candies, Riser Weapon etc.

3.jpg Tons of emote

I don't play JP so I can't don't know much about these but here's some example of how many stuff JP get when they have Fire swirl uq, really make Global look pale in comparison.

Global is still missing a crapton of stuff, it's unlikely at this point Global will ever be on true parity with JP regarding both playable and cosmetic content. Global at this point is basically just the lite version of JP and it'll likely be that way with NGS as well.

I have a suspicion this is going to randomly come out on the 21st. Yes, even without maintenance.

There's a really damn weird thing where so many campaigns are ending on the 21st (AND the current LQ) and it can't just be because NGS signups start that day. As weird as some moves have been, to have a bunch of stuff randomly end on the 21st and no new campaigns to replace them would be super, super strange.

I doubt they would want to run a Web Panel type thing alongside a quest linked boost as well, so maybe it's coming.

Also, in ARKS Minute, they said clearing ARKS Fire Swirl has various rewards such as Star Gems and more. But they aren't here.... yet? 🤔

I'm just gonna make a few corrections & notes, you made plenty of fine points I won't disagree with.

•As far as the OT exchange shop JP just got while it covers like 600 weapons they mainly range 7~10 & they were only the grind titles ones, on that note the Double Cannon is 13* & isn't in the exchange shop, but it is farmable via DF Elder/Luther (Edit: compiled).

•ff14 collab - much like endless nightmare, the LQ Wandering Black Knight featured FFXIV music throughout the quest, this may be part of the reason, aside from Odin & his theme song copyrights. One could say the same about the Evangelion Urgent Quest collab & that whole thing too.

•Some sg/ac items we have here are free on jp, - I could also say things like the Vivienne emote isn't account bound on global for example, though I'd like to hear what you mean in detail personally.

•Where's the extreme quest NPC Alis?

alt text

• I think it has to do with the artist as its a collab character, much like Quina, Eri, Lila, Kikiza, Clara & Nix. Characters whom recently had their outfit/weapons ran through Fresh Finds.

•Why doesn't Cougar NX spawn - most likely due to the series having no presence in the west I'd say, though I'd argue Smash when they had Roy/Marth in SSBM despite being from JP games, but this is Sega not Nintendo. Couldn't really explain Knight Gear, probably just overlooked the extreme quest since it clearly doesn't appear in Exploration anymore. Its drops were converted into the *Rose Ornament camo from the follow pso2 Twitter Campaign. (excluding the harmonizer)

•special badge shop - its JP's new 2021 exchange shop that Xia had its similar to a Rising badge 6 Shop, but its for the entire year. I honestly felt global should of had a limited shop similar to the 4th of July Event for the Rinzer Series.

•Extra hard free quests - If you're referring to the XH Forest, Volcanic Caves & Coast Exploration they were released as part of the Monster Hunter Frontier Z Collab dropping a special mat for Ceres Weapons, however if you mean the XH version of Tokyo Arks Quests that are missing well that's a fair argument.

•they also got a SEA PSO2 specific rappy - Correction the Dragon Rappy was also a SEA rappy, that appeared on Global. You are correct though JP did get the Eleph Rappy too & it was in the arks quests/free field for 1 week & then they also had a code capture e-trial in Fire Swirl for them. The thing I've been seeing for a while though is for JP's mission passes they've been giving out the SEA exclusives cosmetics/room goods for a while now, seems only right they'd get the Rappies too. (I was kinda hoping the Eleph Rappy would appear in Global's Fire Swirl & be mentioned so I could figure if a drop was Lv.71 or 76, but alas that hasn't been the case)

•Regarding the Turkey Rappy global's version dropped the Aculd weapons & the Turkey R suit, while JP's version literally had no drops aside from the suit. so there has been some differences in that regard.

took an hour or two to compile, but I wanted to refresh to see the new replies before I posted.

Not entierly on topic but Fire Swirl is so underwhelming. People have been begging for it for months, so I was ready for it to be awesome (or at least worthwhile). I had planned to catch every run of it today. Then I ran it 3 times on the first timeslot and was just done. No rewards that felt worthwhile AND so effortless it was boring. I have far more fun in Cradle and Drawn to Darkness.

@Miraglyth said in PSO2 NA, a analysis/rant on the good, the bad, the content:

@RikaPSO said in PSO NA, a analysis/rant on the good, the bad, the content:

Why doesn't Cougar NX spawn

Detail

If I remember, that's a collaboration enemy? Perhaps there's some licensing issues with it?

The xbox version players having to have xbox live gold to play. I'm not sure if this is the case anymore.

Detail

Microsoft is scrapping the Xbox Live subscription requirement for free-to-play games and services which should be coming into effect very soon.

Phantasy star idola not linked to pso2 na.

Detail

Another company took on the license to publish and run IDOLA in the west. We don't know whether Sega / Microsoft / ESTsoft had tried assembling the means to run it first, and while we can presume there were some efforts to work with Boltrend Games on connecting the two (there was a brief promotion on the PSO2 side to celebrate its release) it seems most likely this ran afoul of separate handlers being unable to agree terms.

First one. Every time I see NX mentioned I have always seen "Sega owns boarder break". I haven't seen info nor opinions to retort this. Even if we don't recognize it, it's a unique "robot boss", it doesn't matter if we recognize it or not. Knight Gear is in our version of the game in 1 place. So either it's okay, or the devs/people in charge of that stuff don't know. If it's okay, then why don't we have it elsewhere. If it's not okay, why is it in our game? I specifically mentioned these 2 because I feel they should be elsewhere. There are more collab enemies we don't have as well, but at least I have a answer for those.

Second one. This is more of a "you messed up reminder, don't do this. This was a bad decision". It's was such a bad deal for xbox players. I know someone who uses their xbox ONLY for pso2 to my knowledge. They have premium too. That's a very expensive monthly sub and it's not right. Also this person's been paying it a longgg time. I'm not even a xbox player and this upsets me. Xbox players should had premium for just being logged into a xbox and not have to pay for premium itself.

Third one. This is another "you made a bad decision" paragraph. Nothing can be done about it, it is too late. I will still complain though.

@Church10129 said in PSO2 NA, a analysis/rant on the good, the bad, the content:

•Some sg/ac items we have here are free on jp, - I could also say things like the Vivienne emote isn't account bound on global for example, though I'd like to hear what you mean in detail personally.

•special badge shop - its JP's new 2021 exchange shop that Xia had its similar to a Rising badge 6 Shop, but its for the entire year. I honestly felt global should of had a limited shop similar to the 4th of July Event for the Rinzer Series.

•Extra hard free quests - If you're referring to the XH Forest, Volcanic Caves & Coast Exploration they were released as part of the Monster Hunter Frontier Z Collab dropping a special mat for Ceres Weapons, however if you mean the XH version of Tokyo Arks Quests that are missing well that's a fair argument.

took an hour or two to compile, but I wanted to refresh to see the new replies before I posted.

There's too many items to mention for untradeable sg/ac. There's just a lot of tradeable ones in jp that are untradeable for us. I generally don't like untradeable things in a game where you collect things. "Yay I got a outfit from mission pass. Hm, I don't wanna wear it, maybe I should get rid of it. Hm wait, I can't get another one and it's untradeable. I guess I'm gonna keep it." That's a situation for me a lot. "Where do you get this outfit? Fresh finds 3 months ago and it's not tradeable. Oh...." A lot of these outfits are tradeable on jp to my knowledge. Yay to the vivinne emote though.

I expected the same with the badge shop. Easter Xia missing from our easter lobby really made me think this would happen. I'm extremely disappointed. This is what prompted me to make this topic in the first place. In another topic I pretty much said "That's it, instead of PLAYING pso2 today, I'm typing a massive rant".

These may have been part of a collab. But they are just extra difficulties of quests that have been in the game for many years, some from the start. That collab's gone and jp still has these extra hard quests. I forgot about the tokyo arks quests missing extra hard. They should be put in our version. I do think some players might actually do the xh free fields when doing their arks missions.

@Kodiakmax-101 said in PSO2 NA, a analysis/rant on the good, the bad, the content:

Fire Swirl is so underwhelming. People have been begging for it for months [snip] Then I ran it 3 times on the first timeslot and was just done. No rewards that felt worthwhile AND so effortless it was boring. I have far more fun in Cradle and Drawn to Darkness.

Cradle and Drawn UH didn't exist 3 months ago, even on JP, and Cradle has been such a game-changer that trivialises almost everything else unless it has a useful drop or BIS exchange material. I think JP got Fire Swirl before Cradle UH too? Also JP's Fire Swirl is more useful than Global's by virtue of having an exchange shop, though the two are still incomparable.

@RikaPSO said in PSO2 NA, a analysis/rant on the good, the bad, the content:

Even if we don't recognize [Cougar NX], it's a unique "robot boss", it doesn't matter if we recognize it or not.

We do have a fair few robot bosses, but if it has a unique model and attack animations then it's a unique boss period and if there's no collaboration licensing issues (like Sega owning the series and someone else having rights to the robots within it or something - I'm just saying I don't know!) it would be a strange omission yes.

[The Xbox Live Gold cost] is more of a "you messed up reminder, don't do this. This was a bad decision".

Yep, but it was an inexorable part of the entire Xbox ecosystem and was not a PSO2 decision.

@Miraglyth The fun I have in Cradle and D to D is about the fight to clear the mobs/bosses. It takes enough effort on UH to make the (excessive) rewards almost feel earned. From the description, I thought Fire Swirl would have massive swarms of Falspawn and the firefighting/rescue. As it is I feel there are far more mobs in a SH Ruins run. You only need to clear 3 E Codes to finish a run. Every other UQ with a point quota we've had has been 1k+. I understand that with the nature of Fire Swirl a lower target makes sense, it just feels TOO low. I also never saw a boss, I expected Wolgarda or Ragne, maybe even Vibras at some point.

TLDR; there aren't enough enemies to drop worthwhile amounts of loot, the E Codes pop too quickly and RWB5s aren't enough incentive, I've got thousands.

@Kodiakmax-101 said in PSO2 NA, a analysis/rant on the good, the bad, the content:

The fun I have in Cradle and D to D is about the fight to clear the mobs/bosses.

Wasn't me that said "No rewards that felt worthwhile" or "RWB5s aren't enough incentive" though. That's the part I was taking issue with. If anything your criticism of Fire Swirl being unrewarding is an example on something that was done badly in Global because we both got it late and missing most of the content of the 20th Anniversary event that came with it.

@Miraglyth Thanks for the conversation. I just read your post about RWB5 conversion in the Cradle thread. I still don't think Fire Swirl is anything like I expected but I'll give it another shot. The missing Anniversary stuff is stll a bummer , though.

First one. Every time I see NX mentioned I have always seen "Sega owns boarder break". I haven't seen info nor opinions to retort this. Even if we don't recognize it, it's a unique "robot boss", it doesn't matter if we recognize it or not. Knight Gear is in our version of the game in 1 place.

Slight correction, 2 places. Mining Base VR has it.

No rewards that felt worthwhile

It can drop "S1: Augment Will 2" as a capsule drop, dunno what other augments it can drop though.

@Ezodagrom said in PSO2 NA, a analysis/rant on the good, the bad, the content:

No rewards that felt worthwhile

It can drop "S1: Augment Will 2" as a capsule drop, dunno what other augments it can drop though.

The main things you can get out of them within realistic expectations are RWB5s and triggers that otherwise exclusively drop from certain boss UQs. I would put the SSA capsules and the camos into the "it can drop but don't expect it" category like units from TPD.

Yeah, I'll apologize for that oversight @RikaPSO . when it came to "Some sg/ac items " my mind focused more on SG Scratches & character packs than on Fresh Finds even though I mentioned it for Eri & Nix in Fresh Finds & I do agree with the point you've made on it.