Anybody else can’t connect on xb1 ?

@Papa-Exile I was booted 4 times, I still haven't been able to play the actual game yet. As I'm creating my character I save the character data as precaution. I don't want to lose my progress.

It's a beta so losing this little bit is a problem

This is bs tried to log in and the servers are in maintence. if your going to run a beta atleast let ppl know that it's not working or be ready for us . Very disappointed waited all day and 8hrs at work hoping to come home and play this. I don't think I'll be buying this one.

I was able to log in and start character create, and was disconnected...haven’t been able to log back in successfully since.

Good thing, I’m glad I we’re finally able to have this game to in the states.

Would like to get inside and play tho.

@STRATUS420

They were ready for us & we did exactly what the point of the beta is: found a issue/flaw BEFORE it was released to the general public. They did notify us both in game (for those lucky to be playing at the time) and on Twitter that they were performing Emergency Maintenance to resolve the issue with the servers.

You do understand that the game is free to play right? There is nothing to buy.

@DatMenaceLetus yeah im on xbox i get to where it says pick ship an everyone says under maintenance then its error 240

Yes they are working on it still. Been down for over a hour or 2

Sega underestimated the influx of players for the beta test and bandwidth allocation therefore a major server problem occurred and forced them to shut the servers down to complete emergency maintenance if your patient enough they will be back within a couple hours as an influx of players can cause physical damage to the server ram and hardware 🙂

@TrueSiphon Thank you! I thought that I had missed out on the Beta altogether!

Hello! The issue should be fixed, please let us know if you are still experiencing these issues! If so, please submit a support ticket on our page. (^▽^)

Hello! The issue should be fixed, please let us know if you are still experiencing these issues! If so, please submit a support ticket on our page. (^▽^)