Cradle is the anti-content that dooms all other content past and future

There are alot of reasons to dislike cradle, like how wildly boring it is, and how it has negative implication on the meseta market but those are topics for another time. Right now I want to point out that it actively discourages players from running other content. In loot based games players will always gravitate to taking the path of least resistance often times partaking in activities that are boring and repetitive for the sake of loot. In Destiny the loot cave was an area where enemies would consistently spawn immediately after being killed, even though mathematically it was mildly less profitable then running actual content people still would spend entire days there. In early Diablo 3 it was discovered that running through high level areas and opening chests while avoiding fights was more profitable then killing enemies. In both instances the lesson was the same for the developers, while they understood getting loot was the point of the game, these areas were incentivizing players to avoid participating in the games most engaging content.

The difference is between Destiny's loot cave and D3's chest runs and PS02's cradle is that is that cradle was intentionally created by the developers. On top of that in terms of average raw material produced means in meseta it is 3 to 4 times more profitable. All old UQ's are useless because although the catalyst drops are uncommon the raw meseta gain from grinders makes up for it invalidating targeted farming of affixes. You run abyss for a tiny chance at a free unit and some Darkstone making it a tough sell at best for investing time. In a similar vein Lament is run for small amounts of modules, but why would you run it if you can earn enough meseta to buy it. Easter is Dead on Arrival, because the factor cat drops in cradle. Unless the the new UQ drops skydance and augment at a higher rate then it should also be dead on arrival. If it wasn't for the guaranteed skydance Ultimate Sodam would also probably be dead on arrival.

I am not against the general player base getting 4x the affixes and ex cubes but they should do so by engaging in the latest content instead of the oldest. I also know the game is in it's twilight but in order to attract players, PS02 should be emphasizing it's most engaging content as a way of showcasing what kind of exciting experiences will be coming in New Genesis instead of showcasing the most banal and boring parts of PSO2. I wanna tell new players in my alliance PD is exciting and fun, or Mother/Deus is exciting and fun, or Persona Masque is exciting and fun, but in all honestly all I can do is say "yeah you should probably just cradle."

In conclusion, If it already hasn't happned by the time I write this, Nerf cradle into the ground. The loot table reworks were a step in the right direction but if your itention is to give us more cats and ex-cubes then double or even triple rewards for all meaningful content, including, PD, Person, Mother/Deus, Seasonal Urgents, Late game extremes, Late game Ultimates and anything else that could be deemed fun. Finally spread catalysts drops around all the above content where they are most appropriate to find them. Let us never equip a launcher and alt-tab trick ever again. Please....pretty please?

It's end game UQ meant to catch pampers up so they can prepare for NGS.

Old content really isn't worth running even before Craddle and Drawn. Only thing worth was Shiva, TPD and divide quests.

@Zeke if you read, I'm not against the increase of loot incentives or catchup, I'm simply objecting to how its doled out.

I don't really see the problem. This game never had a good variety of content to begin with. Every iteration was built around a single UQ or quest such as divide/buster. And now its cradle...

I'd agree if the reason I was playing now wasn't just to get stuff for NGS, as is I feel the opposite and am annoyed that our version of Cradle does not drop medals like candy as they do in the Japanese version.

Farming Buster Medals for future passive weekly gain of SG deep into when NGS is out would be great, but only the Japaense seem privileged enough for that.

@Vashzaron I can dig buster medals being in there honestly, I wouldn't want people to suffer through buster quests, but it is sort of tied to sg so i wonder thats why they omitted it. Regaurdless I would rather be bored in Abyss, or PD than be bored in cradle, just a "hot take" as it were.

@Yui2387 said in Cradle is the anti-content that dooms all other content past and future:

I don't really see the problem. This game never had a good variety of content to begin with. Every iteration was built around a single UQ or quest such as divide/buster. And now its cradle...

This game has a crisis on figuring out what it wanted to be through its entire life cycle. Honestly there isn't much you can do with this games engine.

NGS on the other hand is updated with current tech. I'm sure content variety will be plentiful.

@SemiEfficient said in Cradle is the anti-content that dooms all other content past and future:

Right now I want to point out that it actively discourages players from running other content.

It's not cradle in general but the trigger version in specific that is the issue here. Cradle as a UQ comes up like once a week or something which by itself wouldn't have a noticeable impact on other content.

But I agree, I've noticed how many players who used to show up to UQs rather regularly stopped coming unless its cradle or TPD which is most likely because they see UQs that only reward you with "30 cubes and a 0.00X% chance of a good SSA drop" as not worth doing anymore.

@Zeke said in Cradle is the anti-content that dooms all other content past and future:

@Yui2387 said in Cradle is the anti-content that dooms all other content past and future:

This game has a crisis on figuring out what it wanted to be through its entire life cycle. Honestly there isn't much you can do with this games engine.

NGS on the other hand is updated with current tech. I'm sure content variety will be plentiful.

They could have easily spread cradles drops through out other urgents. If they had given Rev Catalysts to persona, Factor Catalysts to Mother/Deus, Soul Catalysts/Glare Catalysts to other bosses, etc, etc, it would have been much better.

Everyone is drawn to Cradle at the moment. Even TPD is having trouble filling compared to Cradle. When current content is being held back by 1 updated quest, even content that just came out, you have a huge damn issue on your hands because its means your entire playerbase is doing 1 damn thing, and only 1 thing.

Players that want to branch out are left hanging because they can't even get full MPAs for UH Luther/Persona/Etc - content that should be still being ran, and have exclusive rewards.

@Ryoga said in Cradle is the anti-content that dooms all other content past and future:

@SemiEfficient said in Cradle is the anti-content that dooms all other content past and future:

Right now I want to point out that it actively discourages players from running other content.

It's not cradle in general but the trigger version in specific that is the issue here. Cradle as a UQ comes up like once a week or something which by itself wouldn't have a noticeable impact on other content.

But I agree, I've noticed how many players who used to show up to UQs rather regularly stopped coming unless its cradle or TPD which is most likely because they see UQs that only reward you with "30 cubes and a 0.00X% chance of a good SSA drop" as not worth doing anymore.

This in itself is another issue. Most players dont want to spend hundreds of hours to try for a chance at 1 piece of gear, or 1 augment when they can farm cradle and reliably get enough money to just outright buy it in X hours.

@NIC said in Cradle is the anti-content that dooms all other content past and future:

This in itself is another issue. Most players dont want to spend hundreds of hours to try for a chance at 1 piece of gear, or 1 augment when they can farm cradle and reliably get enough money to just outright buy it in X hours.

Worse yet in 1 weeks x = 10 hours, in 2 weeks x = 20 hours, in 1 month x = 1 day, but instead of helping that will only further invalidate other content as inflation continues to rise.

Even worse, why would you farm TPD for legs with SDB when you can get a tradable version at what I imagine would be the same chance in Drawn To Darkness while I also make 4mil per run in cubes alone?

Apparently 4 man tpd is a loot pinata. It's not easy, but I don't think sega cares at this point. They just want to move on to ngs. They're just showering people with loot to keep content addicts interested.

@Star-Platinum said in Cradle is the anti-content that dooms all other content past and future:

Apparently 4 man tpd is a loot pinata. It's not easy

Yeah if you can clear that take all that loot whatever dude.

There's probably less than 20 groups that managed to clear it, and even less on the first attempt. Ship 2 JP had a SINGLE group clear first try (one managed to do it after failing on first attempt as well)

From what I seen, the DPS check for 4 man TPD is higher than Depth 100 Sodam, although he doesn't seem to hit as hard. The quest Ranking is based off how much damage you take.

Cradle wouldn't be so attractive if it was possible to get good drops anywhere else.

I've run the Abyss Face UQ multiple times a day since it came out. No crans units have dropped for me and I've only gotten a single puras for a class I don't play. It would be one thing, but this has been the case with every single major boss UQ up until this point.

I farmed persona enough to get enough rocks to make my 13* Trailblazer units before having any star quake drop. Before that it was Mother and she didn't drop anything for me either. The only boss UQ to date I would say has had OK drop rates was Deus.

So do you know what I say? It's about time we got some quest that spews out rainbows like a bag of skittles. It sure as heck beats farming a UQ and getting nothing but materials.