PSO2 NEW GENESIS Prologue 3 on April 22nd/23rd

On JP official site, they announced about Prologue 3 livestream coming on April 22nd/23rd (the date will vary depending on the timezone).

http://pso2.jp/players/news/27731/

The notice will appear shortly on global too I guess, but I dared to post this now since they are going to reveal some latest info on the timing of the launch.

"さらに今回は、サービスイン時期に関する最新情報も! "

Other info going to be covered in the program includes the story and characters (which I personally don't want to hear) and some new feature of character creation.

Hopefuly, we can also hear about more details on the global CBT 😃

The link for the EN version of the stream is already up as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUFoggyl0tU

information from "PSO2:NGS", including the story, characters, and further new functions of Character Creation through footage. In addition, the latest information on the launch window is also mentioned this time!

Known issues and suspension of services on JP server have resumed. Official Article

"Save Create Data" and "Load Create Data"

"My fashion" in the beauty salon

"Support partner beauty treatment salon" at the beauty treatment salon

• With the resumption of functions, the ordering method for Story Quest [EP2] "Beyond the Closed Truth" will be changed to the previous content. Please note that after the regular maintenance on April 14th (Wednesday), you will not be able to receive orders for "Beyond the Closed Truth" unless you have created a support partner.

Duman nose size changed. Oops. Compensation Page

revealed story and npc characters, additional character creator functions, June 2021 release

late May for benchmark/character creator download

More NGS engine bugs on the JP side. Be wary that color changed NGS specified costumes can change back to default color.

Late May could be anywhere from 18th-30th.

@HarmlessSyan said in PSO2 NEW GENESIS Prologue 3 on April 22nd/23rd:

late May for benchmark/character creator download

The character creator is for Windows PC only, which is a bit of disappointment for a console gamer like me. I won't be surprised if it would be a MS store exclusive in the global...

@MasterDarkwingz said in PSO2 NEW GENESIS Prologue 3 on April 22nd/23rd:

Late May could be anywhere from 18th-30th.

In original JP text, they say "下旬" which strictly means 21st to the end of the month.

If we further assume that the character creator will be released on the same day as the maintenance of PSO2, this can only mean 26th on JP, 26th/27th on global. Still the character creator is supposedly a different application from the game, it's possible that the release date is going to be on some non-maintenance day, I guess.

@Fiona-Respha said in PSO2 NEW GENESIS Prologue 3 on April 22nd/23rd:

If we further assume that the character creator will be released on the same day as the maintenance of PSO2, this can only mean 26th on JP, 26th/27th on global. Still the character creator is supposedly a different application from the game, it's possible that the release date is going to be on some non-maintenance day, I guess.

Yep, the previous benchmarks/character creator tools were also separate applications.

Fun fact: they still register as PSO2.exe since they are basically a heavily modified PSO2 install that has the benchmarking added in and the character creation in tact while removing all game files. Also the option to continue is modified to save character data for use in the full version of the game.

@Ezodagrom @YagyuChan Thank you both, I only knew about PS4 and Vita offline character creation which was included in the launcher part of the main game, it's interesting to know about the PC version benchmark/character creator.

In the PC version character creator which existed in the past, was it able to load character data? Or was it save only? If it allows data load, I think we can edit characters in detail through multiple sessions.

@Fiona-Respha said in PSO2 NEW GENESIS Prologue 3 on April 22nd/23rd:

@Ezodagrom @YagyuChan Thank you both, I only knew about PS4 and Vita offline character creation which was included in the launcher part of the main game, it's interesting to know about the PC version benchmark/character creator.

In the PC version character creator which existed in the past, was it able to load character data? Or was it save only? If it allows data load, I think we can edit characters in detail through multiple sessions.

loading of character data is allowed and I will upload a picture soon to give an idea of what was available in the character creator.

Main menu of the character creator for Episode 4 (It is using an English Patch btw made by the Arks Layer team):

EP4 main menu.png

Benchmarking can be conducted through the first option start benchmark which will play an in engine video allowing your PC to be tested to see if it meets minimum requirements while suggesting a rough estimate of what your PC can do.

Character Creation:

race selection.PNG

This is where you select your race and then you can create your desired character with all the default available cosmetics in the game so you don't have to spend 15 minutes in the creator when NGS launches.

Character Save/Load:

menu.PNG

You can save characters by using the usual save creation data option or by choosing next which will instead of prompting you to enter a character name like in PSO2 it will ask for a file name to save the data after which will then save to your documents folder if I remember correctly for copying later into the actual game otherwise you can load character data here using the Load creation data option and this will allow you to continue to work on the design you previously worked on or even take data from the actual game to work on it in a character creation environment but tbh at that point just use the Salon.

I hope this post helps and informs everyone about the options to expect in the PSO2 NGS character creation/Benchmark tool that will be releasing in Late May for both Japanese and Global players. 🙂

@YagyuChan Thank you so much for all these detailed info! So we probably will be able to run the benchmark on the incoming NGS version to watch our character in the NGS OP movie? That'll be exciting.

Well when the graphics update hits global (already there in JP), we will be able to edit NGS type bodies or faces. But I guess the initial set of NGS fashions will only be available in this NGS character creator and also, seeing from the JP timetable, there won't be any NGS CAST parts available in the original PSO2 by time of late May.

Another point I'm looking forward to this application is that this will likely to let us use the preset NGS designs provided for characters newly created on NGS.

In JP, we already have access to the NGS bodies/faces, but when I simply switch my existing PSO2 characters into NGS type, the result is usually some horrible thing which remotely remind me of Attack on Titan creatures. But in JP CBT2, I noticed that if I started from NGS preset characters, it's much more easy to make better looking characters. I hope I'll be able to use NGS preset characters on the NGS creator to use them as templates to fix my PSO2 characters 😃

@YagyuChan said in PSO2 NEW GENESIS Prologue 3 on April 22nd/23rd:

This is where you select your race and then you can create your desired character with all the default available cosmetics in the game so you don't have to spend 15 minutes in the creator when NGS launches.

I spent 40 minutes in salon before starting the game in JP CBT2 😆

I finally saved my character data. Usually don't do that unless I'm planning to make changes after a few months.

Will have to see how the load works, as well as the scoring system.