what is the point of having ps02 when ps02 ngs is being released

what is the point of running ps02 while ps02 ngs is coming out. currently ps02 achieved what it wanted and is a finished game the only occasional excitement are monthly scratch tickets.

PSO2 is a huge moneymaker for sega, they want to avoid abandoning a huge chunk of the playerbase and destroying their income. The things that "Actually Matter" from PSO2 like cosmetics will cross over to NGS. You can think of NGS like a really big update instead of a sequel.

@LusterMain are all the cosmetics transferable to ngs

Yes, they are. In addition, races no longer exist in NGS, so you might be able to use cosmetics you couldn't before, as well. The only thing to note is that with NGS comes an update to character models. New cosmetics (released after we get the NGS graphics update/NGS itself) will use a new model, so they have more expressiveness and can do things like move their fingers. Old cosmetics, while still usable, don't receive this update.

EDIT: In case you are confused, "races no longer exist" means that any character can use any racial features they want through character creation. Deuman horns/eyes, Newman ears, CAST ears/parts, etc.

so you want then to plug off the game when New Genesis is not released yet, you know that will make the entire playerbase disappear?

they gonna keep running PSO2 with NGS to keep the players busy, I doubt that NGS will have much content when is released and also to keep the name after all PSO2 is being the most successful title of Phantasy Star series.

What if one played a game because it's fun... no-one? Okay i'm going.

I still run my recommenced quests at least and I stay here for those wonderful concerts!

I wouldn't bother with OP. He kept trying to spam changes he supposedly thought were needed for the game in the in-game recommendations feed, and when I, among others, kept poking holes in the changes, explaining that we didn't need this game to become a carbon copy of a bunch of other games, including dark souls, he called me in particular the games cheer leader. To me, when combined with this thread about why this game should remain live, that comment, and those proposed changes were done in the spirit of killing off the game. Which to me, reads like something a troll would do.

The information on what transfers to NGS has been out for months. Most people already know all about it, and the few that don't, didn't care enough about the game, to spend the energy necessary to Google search for said information to begin with. It's been well over eight months, and most people I know in game that are hardcore fans have been gathering fashion cosmetics, and emotes in advance of NGS. That and they just enjoy playing the game. Its an online service, and so long as people are playing and enjoying it, in a large enough scale, it will continue to run. It also will run parallel to NGS, which your characters can hop back and forth between. Again, this is a Google search away, and Golden boy here didn't care enough to take five minutes out of his day to search for the information. But he cared enough to come on to the forums, and ask why this game is still needed. Anyone else find all of that a bit questionable?

I mean i still find PSO2 fun even with the prospect of NGS around the corner. The scion classes are fun, its fun doing divide quests, memeing around with weird class combos end game is fun as well. There will still be plenty of stuff to do in game even after NGS comes out, its not like NGS launch is going to make the base game obsolete.

@Rorana said in what is the point of having ps02 when ps02 ngs is being released:

I mean i still find PSO2 fun even with the prospect of NGS around the corner. The scion classes are fun, its fun doing divide quests, memeing around with weird class combos end game is fun as well. There will still be plenty of stuff to do in game even after NGS comes out, its not like NGS launch is going to make the base game obsolete.

That said, I want to see the scion classes carry over, at least in some form or fashion. They are pretty unique, and really fun to play.

@Anarchy-Marine said in what is the point of having ps02 when ps02 ngs is being released:

@Rorana said in what is the point of having ps02 when ps02 ngs is being released:

That said, I want to see the scion classes carry over, at least in some form or fashion. They are pretty unique, and really fun to play.

A lot of the mechanics of scions are baked into the new classes in NGS, the only thing i haven't seen yet is luster's voltage, empowered PAs, and quick shoot. Also Etoil's and Lusters' stay arts and move arts havent been added to any classes from what I saw. Most classes have stuff from hero and phantom baked into them though.

@Anarchy-Marine said in what is the point of having ps02 when ps02 ngs is being released:

A lot of the mechanics of scions are baked into the new classes in NGS, the only thing i haven't seen yet is luster's voltage, empowered PAs, and quick shoot. Also Etoil's and Lusters' stay arts and move arts havent been added to any classes from what I saw. Most classes have stuff from hero and phantom baked into them though.

I saw. Which is pretty cool. I hope braver and bouncer get added though. Katana weapons are fun, and I'd love to be able to combine jet boots combat, with knuckles combat

He was doing so well staying off the forums for 3-4 months.... guess were back to trying to turn PSO2/NGS into Dark Souls

I can’t speak for anyone but for me personally, doing all 999 depths of masq, all of solo Sodam when we get it. I’ve still got a bunch of endless titles to get, plus just generally getting better at the game and doing faster runs, though my efforts would be helped a lot if they actually optimise this game for Xbox and I don’t get horrendous lag and loading times.

I absolutely love my etoile for all the cool floaty movement but it looks like force is going to fill that void. Time will tell if I’ll end up playing both but I’m pretty excited for NGS force, I’ve even got three beautiful rod camos waiting!