Events

looking for event information such as start/end, gear, etc. thanks

https://pso2.com/news/announcements/ARKStrainingcamp

These are some basic guides to get you started. I’d also head over to Fleet discord they have some great guides for each class that cover everything from skill trees, gear you should be working towards, and play tips.

I’d also recommend joining an alliance that’s willing to teach newer players. Theirs a lot to this game and it will really help having a group of players that can answer your questions as they occur.

TEN-SQUARE-3's recommendation to find an alliance is a great suggestion. Starting by yourself with no knowledge of the game can be really rough due to how many systems and quest types have stacked up over this game's long life. PSO2 is great fun, but it's old and doesn't do a great job with explaining what things are important. Having some people around to guide and help you out will improve things significantly.

There are two general ways you can go about finding an alliance. You can head to a populated block on your server and ask if anyone's alliance is recruiting. This way you can talk with whoever answers you and ask any questions you may have about the alliance. Otherwise you can use the option on the visphone (the lobby console with the floating question mark over it) and select "currently recruiting alliances" from the list of options near the bottom.

Idk guys sounds like he's asking about campaigns. You can find some here and other ones here. Otherwise the new Urgent Quests possible drops are on this page but those are just from the UQ/trigger itself so aren't an event or anything.

Sadly there's no official singular listing for all events. To make matters worse announcements for them are spread between separate postings on the website and distinct Twitter posts, with neither having full coverage. I'm pretty sure some events (like the PSO2Comi characters' recent visit to the Shopping Plaza) weren't announced in any form.

I want there to be a better one-stop information source for events by the time New Genesis arrives. I ended up making my own tracker for PSO2 events covering everything from all scratches to the almost undocumented RDR boosts we get on some weekends, but it's not really easy enough to use for me to share it around. Moreover it doesn't provide basic usability features (in particular the ability to mark off events if you've completed them) that I'd want to support. I'm looking at building a better resource but I'm not sure I'll be able to have it ready by NGS launch.

@Miraglyth said in Events:

Sadly there's no official singular listing for all events. To make matters worse announcements for them are spread between separate postings on the website and distinct Twitter posts, with neither having full coverage. I'm pretty sure some events (like the PSO2Comi characters' recent visit to the Shopping Plaza) weren't announced in any form.

I've been using only the website and I've seen every event on there? Only thing was that there was a few times where some articles weren't showing in the "ALL" tab which then I started checking both "ALL" and "ANOUNCEMENTS" (mistake on there end I'd assume since all means everything).

Did the PSO2Comi character thing you mention already happen? Maybe it wasn't posted because it was too minor of a thing I don't know.

@NuclearPenguin said in Events:

I've been using only the website and I've seen every event on there?

The most recent example has just ended - Where does the website show this? Or any of the ARKS Hours or their reward claim periods?

Did the PSO2Comi character thing you mention already happen?

Yes. They were suddenly standing next to the fountain after the 20 January maintenance. Yet they weren't mentioned in the notes for that maintenance, the Valentine's event that began at the time or the January Part 2 campaign aggregation page. Or any other announcement that I could find. Or even any tweet that I could find. They were just there with the date of their departure (16 February) floating over their heads.

@Miraglyth said in Events:

I've been using only the website and I've seen every event on there?

The most recent example has just ended - Where does the website show this? Or any of the ARKS Hours or their reward claim periods?

Did the PSO2Comi character thing you mention already happen?

Yes. They were suddenly standing next to the fountain after the 20 January maintenance. Yet they weren't mentioned in the notes for that maintenance, the Valentine's event that began at the time or the January Part 2 campaign aggregation page. Or any other announcement that I could find. Or even any tweet that I could find. They were just there with the date of their departure (16 February) floating over their heads.

Hmm, I see. I guess there thought process was it wasn't significant enough to post it on the main page since every one is a big event, mission pass, scratch, server maintenance, AC Sale, and PSO2 Day (I guess this is for new people).

But I agree it should be posted somewhere or lumped into one of the event posts at the end with little bonus events and then use Twitter just as an additional reminder. Does seem like either it's an indirect way to get people to follow them on Twitter or it really was an unplanned thing they came up with. Or even throw the little monthly events into the PSO2 day of the month pages to give them something to look at for other players. Like have a "plus more" if there's more going on.

I guess there thought process was it wasn't significant enough to post it on the main page

The PSO2Comi NPCs' visit wasn't as important as a carbon-copy AC "Sale" we've had for like 11 months running? That... seems like a bizarre combination of priorities to me. 😅

As I say, the fragmentation of event details which are still incomplete even when pieced together has been a bit of a source of frustration for me, but I do get the sense Sega just aren't giving our community team the full information to share in the first place so I don't really blame GMs when stuff is missed entirely. Just it'd be nice to have all the events in one place instead of having to stay on top of the website, Twitter and sometimes YouTube.

It would be nice because without that items code thread I would miss a lot of stuff! I only go to the forum, not twitter or youtube for info. Everything should at least be linked on the main site.