Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?

@PBJ-Time 25m to 900m in less than 7 days is instantaneous

I think we call that a market crash. Not sure how those are corrected in real life tho. 😕

@AngryRhombus563 said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

Do you have any concept of time? Cradle came out a couple of months ago, not a week ago, which is when prices began to inflate at a rapid rate.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

Do you have any concept of time? Cradle came out a couple of months ago, not a week ago, which is when prices began to inflate at a rapid rate.

A lot of stuff like camos on the market inflated as NGS launched. That's probably what they are talking about. Wouldn't blame that on cradle though. Would blame that mostly on PSO2 Meseta being damn worthless.

The only thing that should be blamed for market inflation is player greed.

@NIC said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

Wouldn't blame that on cradle though. Would blame that mostly on PSO2 Meseta being damn worthless.

Well we all know the first cause of that. 😕

@Miraglyth Technically from the very beginning of any mmo, earned in game money is wortless because its being printed on day one. in NGS its being printed every day and week through weeklies and dailites. Trials print 1000 to 2000 each. every monster kill prints a bit. selling stuff to a vendor prints 50+ per piece. it just becomes even more worthless the longer the game has been running. Cradle was just an acceleration of the process. NGS will meet the same fate as time goes on. its inevitable in mmo where npc have infinite money to give you for your junk.

The only thing that removes money from the economy is the player shop, which has been practically regulated to premium members. More than is being taken out by it is being added to the total world pocket.

Technically from the very beginning of any mmo, earned in game money is wortless

This is really a distraction of a point. Yes MMO gameplay generates money, it also drains money from shops, enhancement, augmentation, limit breaking, potential unlocking and player shop tax, and ideally those are somewhat in balance. In OG PSO2 this was a tenuous relationship because weekly (and per-character) income from Yerkes (and on JP Chroto before Yerkes) was probably imbalanced compared to drinks (and on JP meseta cosmetics in the Treasure Shop) but Cradle absolutely busted it and that's still the point here.

@Miraglyth im sure Sega has a way of comfirming whether or not uts being balanced right now. But, we have to remember the whole grinder sale process to print more money was a thing before cradle. it was just an acceleration.

But, we have to remember the whole grinder sale process to print more money was a thing before cradle.

Yeah, people were just getting like 30 EX-cubes in 15-20 minutes from a Divide Quest run instead of like 300 EX-cubes in 15 minutes from a Cradle run.

@NIC said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

A lot of stuff like camos on the market inflated as NGS launched. That's probably what they are talking about. Wouldn't blame that on cradle though. Would blame that mostly on PSO2 Meseta being damn worthless.

Theirs no denying that cradle isn’t the only factor at play here, but to go so far has saying cradle is an excuse and flat out of denying the impact it had on the economy is just plain wrong.

@Miraglyth When Episode 5 launched relatively early on (and when Episode 6 did come around), you could have solo'd the Profound Darkness to get a meaty number of Excubes (I recall a range between 50-80 Excubes) in what was effectively a ten minute fight on average (or even faster if you knew how to speedrun the fights consistently).

This was something that I felt was relatively and easily doable especially once the Trigger Quest became available but I would imagine not many players wanted to fight the Profound Darkness alone even when the craze was all for the Ophistia/Austere weapons at the time since those were during the period where it was either Nemesis/Raven or nothing.

Pretty much where we are at is a dead market. No one is running Cradle like they used to, but prices are not lowering to compensate. The supply is theoretically infinite, but the flow of meseta and interest has died down, meaning it should be lowering.

But it hasn’t. 😕

Doesn’t help that the free shop passes are gone now, it might as well be a robber baron economy now, with only a select few dictating prices.

@Pariah-Chan said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

Pretty much where we are at is a dead market. No one is running Cradle like they used to, but prices are not lowering to compensate. The supply is theoretically infinite, but the flow of meseta and interest has died down, meaning it should be lowering.

But it hasn’t. 😕

Doesn’t help that the free shop passes are gone now, it might as well be a robber baron economy now, with only a select few dictating prices.

It hasn't lowered for the same reason cradle isn't run.

Meseta is worthless.

I honestly wouldn't sell my emotes on PSO2 that I still have and haven't used unless someone gave me N-Meseta now. Not even 1 billion meseta isnt worth the items anymore.

@VanillaLucia said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

@Miraglyth When Episode 5 launched relatively early on (and when Episode 6 did come around), you could have solo'd the Profound Darkness to get a meaty number of Excubes (I recall a range between 50-80 Excubes) in what was effectively a ten minute fight on average (or even faster if you knew how to speedrun the fights consistently).

For context: Episode 5 launched on 30 September, the UQ trigger exchange arrived a month later on 27 October. If I recall RWB3 wasn't provided in silly quantities like 2 or 4, the former from Glory Badges and the latter from Thanksgiving Badges which didn't start for another two weeks beyond that and ended (when many of us cashed out our Thanksgiving Badges) when Episode 6 released.

Some of us were winning the solo version of the fight (Butcher of Light) in around 10 minutes before the trigger shop released; if I recall the S rank clear time was 12 minutes, and the S rank gave an extra Union Booster which was an early Episode 5 BIS upgrade so we were paying attention to the UQ schedule for that.

But 50-80 EX-cubes per run? Really not sure I believe that. This was when only Buster Quests really dropped 14★ weapons with much frequency (Episode 4 had a handful with infamously low drop rates) and those were still better sold on the player shop for upwards of 200k each (and multiples of that for popular weapon types like katana) than converted to EX-cubes. XH difficulty arrived around this time and a handful of UQs got a 14★ from that (iirc Elder XH got Eternal Psycho Drive around this time?)

For Barren Blossom - even XH - to give 80 EX cubes it'd need to have been something like 15 13★ drops and 35 10-12★ drops. I have screenshots of other content from that time (Busters, Fellwyrms and such) dropping 15-25 red items period and I ran Barren Blossom enough to get the Union unit set, so if the drops had been that much more rare-spamming than even OG Magatsu I'm pretty sure I'd have taken some screenshots of that.

Even 50 EX-cubes in 10 minutes repeatable would also have been 60k per minute. Had that rate been the norm back then, the comparable rate of Elder on Normal after quest triggers were added wouldn't have even been complained about, let alone swiftly nerfed!

But to make a more important point than all of the above: Even 80 EX-cubes in 10 minutes would be a small portion of 300+ in 15. Yes people knew about converting EX-cubes to grinders by that time but it wasn't remotely as crazy as Cradle for how much raw money it was injecting into the game.