Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?

@Miraglyth said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

But the other point is - as you say - you run Cradle for the loot. You're there for an obscene amount of 13★ and 14★ weapons, high-slot units and the potential for one or two good SGA adds. Since the experience gain happens on top of that, it doesn't feel as much like you're working for it as running keys does which makes it feel faster. It's a relative thing.

I'd rather get good EXP regardless of what i'm doing, instead of being limited to painfully limited missions for certain times of day or on certain days of the week. That's why i don't play much of PSO2 these days. Too dull to bother, especially due to NGS. The rewards mean less than nothing.

@Theuberclips

You worry too much bro.

PSO2 now is the kingdom full of noobs who wants to play their own way and telling the expert player to carry them and looking down on expert players at the same time

https://ibb.co/p3ZTS5w

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/n4jb34/guide_on_breaking_gold_spammer_bots/gwxdc35/?context=3

With this rate of farming, inflation won't hurt at all before NGS launches.

Just Nerf Grinder/synth sell price. Pretty easy fix IMO to save economy.

@Thyx How does this fix the economy exactly when the money generated from grinders is still floating around inside of it? all this does is make it to where anyone who didn't do Cradle SOL on getting meseta equal to those who did. Tbh it probably would work if you have more meseta sinks that dumped meseta into the ether like affixing, switching S class augments, since other players aren't receiving that money but but without that something like that it doesn't work, and the market tax is laughable at best.

@Thyx It's too late for that I'm afraid. They would have needed to implement something like that at launch or at minimum before cradle UH became available. Lowering the price now won't effect the amount of money presently in circulation.

It's possible that stopping all sales of Synths, grinders (and any other sellable items on the excube exchange)after the fact might allow the economy to recover eventually over the next few years, but with NGS releasing in June there's very little point in trying to deal with it now.

@Xaelon @Nic-The-Hero Clearly the taxation isn't enough of a sink? There's plenty of other money making methods... This grinder one trumps all others by a LARGE margin. It's not too late for anything honestly. The more we wait the more damage done. It really can be fixed easily but that's only if the community even wants to fix it.

Something that would help is if we had other things to farm.

Like, we have Eleph Rappies able to drop super rare camos, but the drop rate is low and it needs to be a level 91 Eleph Rappy for the good ones. Imagine if we simply had a Risk Exploration campaign with something like:

• Players have +50% PP Regeneration
  • Enemies have -20% Health
  • Buster Medals can drop
  • Enhance Cap +1 can drop
  • +EXP and RDR to all Risk Exploration

Then even though it doesn't have raw meseta, it has other things that incentivize running it and combined with the Eleph Rappy giving a shot at super rare camos... We would absolutely see people running Risk Explorations again. They did this on JP as well at some point. Keep in mind these are just example numbers and such.

Hell if you want to see how absurd Cradle has gotten, the cost of a Grand Precision or Might capsule is about the same cost as it takes to make some high end 4 slot units with Guardian Soul, Absolute Glare, Crack V, and something else on average.

@Thyx said:

It's not too late for anything honestly.

It is though, because NGS is coming out in June and I fully expect the vast majority of the player base to switch to NGS. I also do not expect Sega to do anything to deal with this because they will likely be fully focused on supporting NGS.

@Thyx also said:

It really can be fixed easily but that's only if the community even wants to fix it.

I'm not sure what you expect the community to do. People won't stop running cradle and they won't give up the fortunes they've made off cradle. Please elaborate on what you expect the community to do to fix this.

@Xaelon That's why I said it.

@Thyx Just to be clear your "solution" to fix the economy is to somehow get the entire playerbase to stop running cradle?

@Xaelon Nope. You are missing the point, community won't want to fix it because it is making them money. As we can see prices have already adjusted and are continue to adjust the longer this goes on. The only "solution" would be for the PSO team to take out the sell price. You can easily make 10m in one run of this Quest. This Meseta is being "created" apart from your weekly meseta generations this one is breaking. Sometimes the devs have to make decisions that the player would not want. shrugs All I'm saying is it's kinda pointless to expect anything from anyone the damage is done. Only way to fix it is for the PSO team to turn off the valve generating it.

@Thyx Why exactly did you suggest this was fixable then?

@Thyx said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

community won't want to fix it because it is making them money.

Slight point of discussion: Just like the old Elder trigger exploit, this topic was both created and saw many responses of agreement.

Otherwise yeah I agree. To me the main issue is it's effectively and immediately obsoleted every other money source including Bar Lodos, Yerkes and weekly missions which obliterates variety in this game. As a secondary consequence it seriously damages the relative resell value of AC scratches the whales don't want which discourages them from spending money on AC scratch, and as a tertiary consequence its specific availability through the alliance counter dramatically biases income opportunity toward those in big active alliances.

Only way to fix it is for the PSO team to turn off the valve generating it.

Yeah. The exchanges just aren't the issue. If a new quest gave everyone tens of thousands of mission badges every clear, it would swiftly make all of our effort with Mission Pass over the last year inconsequential. Would the solution to that be to remove the Mission Badge Swap Shop? Of course not. It'd be to adjust the amount that quest gives. This is really no different.

Because it is fixable. Lol... Goodness. The more time passes the more damage is done. Does that not compute? This is an endless money printer... Hell if you want to keep the grinder value just remove the exchange ex-cubes for grinders and or certain weapons that give grinders (swap shop).

@Miraglyth said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

community won't want to fix it because it is making them money.

Slight point of discussion: Just like the old Elder trigger exploit, this topic was both created and saw many responses of agreement.

Otherwise yeah I agree. To me the main issue is it's effectively and immediately obsoleted every other money source including Bar Lodos, Yerkes and weekly missions which obliterates variety in this game. As a secondary consequence it seriously damages the relative resell value of AC scratches the whales don't want which discourages them from spending money on AC scratch, and as a tertiary consequence its specific availability through the alliance counter dramatically biases income opportunity toward those in big active alliances.

Only way to fix it is for the PSO team to turn off the valve generating it.

Yeah. The exchanges just aren't the issue. If a new quest gave everyone tens of thousands of mission badges every clear, it would swiftly make all of our effort with Mission Pass over the last year inconsequential. Would the solution to that be to remove the Mission Badge Swap Shop? Of course not. It'd be to adjust the amount that quest gives. This is really no different.

Yeah, trust me I already pulled my AC items off market. This will make us have JP pricing. And why the hell would I sell now when I could gain so much more meseta. In the meantime I will continue each 2 hours just gathering 100m meseta.