Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?

@Xaelon said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

The Auto-loot system in general needs a ton of work.

Linking this again.

@HarmlessSyan said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

These drops are the only reason people are OK running these old ass Urgents - if you remove the drops, it make these "new" content completely worthless to run.

Define "these drops". Some of this topic's posters have separated out the weapons, the units, the Add SGA items and so on. If you remove all the drops from any quest it'll be worthless so that's a bit of a void statement, but even entirely removing just the weapon drops (since those are what get cubed in the first place) would still leave two good reasons to keep running Cradle UH in the high-slot units and Add SGAs.

@Miraglyth "These drops" as in what makes the UQ special. I would guess there will be a great drop in people running the content if the weapons are removed, and I expect 13 star units be added into the excube exchange soon unless you are purposely excluding it to prevent excube to grinder trade ins. It exists on JP plus there been many request for it, and SEGA been responding to these QoL things like adding those affix receptors.

Will there be some other motivation to run the content? Sure, but the easy meseta conversion is the main one here. S4 Steadfast Will (Calming Intent) at 400mil+ on JP is sure not getting much people to run Mother+Deus. High slot unit just seems alot because it's dropping 13* units at a ridiculous rate which I expect to be part of the excube to grinder exchange soon - it's going to have the same issue with the weapons.

@HarmlessSyan said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

Will there be some other motivation to run the content? Sure, but the easy meseta conversion is the main one here.

That'd be infinitely better than most quests which have zero motivation at all. To be clear though I'm not suggesting removing all weapon drops. Just making the point that even with that extremely knee-jerk reaction Cradle UH would remain one of the quests in this game that isn't straight-up dead.

I want the junk 13β˜… unit exchange, and I'm not convinced that would have a significant impact. 13β˜… unit drops are a minority compared to 13β˜… and 14β˜… weapons; if the drop rate of the latter was halved or even quartered not only would weapons continue to outnumber units but this quest would still be showering players with them with a drop rate several orders of magnitude greater than any other quest.

Given that NGS and PSO2's Meseta are both separated, I don't see the harm really at this point with screwing the economy over a bit.

As more people start moving into NGS, and once these UQ's fall off the weekly cycle (if they do, at any rate), the economy's going to mostly balance it's self back out.

Now if the two games shared the same Meseta currency, then yeah, I'd be more concerned. But as it stands? Meh.

@Blade-Syphon later down the road, probably not. But if global is going to come out with the Oracle Renew Collection AC scratches they been coming out since the graphics update on JP - it's going to effect some of the NGS stuff they are selling in the base PSO2. But who knows, they may just keep delaying the graphic update for global

@HarmlessSyan Considering how many issues the graphic update still has, I wouldn't be surprised and I'm honestly not opposed to the update being delayed currently.

I logged onto JP and had to mute sound while running Fire Swirl when the weak points were bugged, I heard this is fixed but counter sounds are still too quest now. Afaik My Fashion is still bugged and ya'll just had a 2110 error that caused emergency maint and idek what the hell is happening anymore that is causing JP to be so bugged.

I think removing it from the AP shop so it won't be spammable 24/7 would help. If Sega decides to go that route then they should have more of the instance spawn throughout the week as a good incentive for players to get on and reap the rewards from Cradle UQ. At least that way Sega can controll how much players can farm it somewhat. That way they can just keep the PSE burst.

@Albedo said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

I think removing it from the AP shop so it won't be spammable 24/7 would help. If Sega decides to go that route then they should have more of the instance spawn throughout the week as a good incentive for players to get on and reap the rewards from Cradle UQ. At least that way Sega can controll how much players can farm it somewhat. That way they can just keep the PSE burst.

Second the motion. It would also allow solo players and those from smaller alliances to benefit.

On a side note, I've decided to turn off auto loot for either weapons or units when running C of D or D to D to help with the inventory issues.

The issue with cradle in my opinion is that it's going to be better than all the new renewals, assuming that they all follow the same pattern.

With the lack of large crystal mechanic (which deletes the vast majority of drops of quests it appears in) and the ability to burst, it is simply a cut above every other quest as you're able to loot every drop instead of just a selection, and also create far more spawns than any other quest.

Unless quests like Mining Base 4 or Omega Apprentice really have some sort of epic pull (note: I'm aware of the current Mining Base 4 thing, but doesn't really count since it's not playing the game imo lol) if they want people to run them. People already don't run Drawn to Darkness like... ever, because Cradle just craps all over it when hunting resources.

Definitely do not nerf this. Doing so would turn a lot of the already fickle player base off even more. Also, this is one of the only ways for people to make money actually just playing the game itself rather than the market. I'll be quite upset if it gets nerfed tbh

@Mjolnir said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

Also, this is one of the only ways for people to make money actually just playing the game itself rather than the market.

Obvious counterpoint: What is money for besides the market? the cost of literally everything else in the game has either been trivialised by the game's own inflation (20k for a Premium 2 drink when everyone has millions?) or is presently available for free with zero-cost campaigns.

Just a thought that came up, πŸ•΅ doesn't this quest's drops negate meseta bots to some degree?

The PSE in this run are very broken. In this run I walked in with 50 items in my default storage, my extended was completely empty, and has you can see I nearly filled both from this one burst, by the end of the run I was deep into my temp storage.

Even without the 13* unit exchange and keeping any weapons with affixes I wanted, I got around 2,200 cubes from this one, which is insane.

https://youtu.be/yvEZXgTxhQQ

These runs atm heavily favour large alliances and organised groups, these are the groups that are getting PSE Bursts far more often and sustain them for far longer. Even if they disabled the PSE bursts, these groups will still have a massive advantage just due to a nearly endless supply of triggers. Next will be premium players that can get into populated blocks to run public triggers. Anyone that’s F2P and/or a solo player is going to be at a massive disadvantage in the long run, and this will likely turn into for the majority of players a must do run if you ever want to get enough mesta to buy anything.

This quest falls into the same problem the elder triggers had, its not the drops that are an issue, but the ability to spam them constantly. I definitely think the best solution is to restrict the amount of triggers people can get.

@Church10129 said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

Just a thought that came up, πŸ•΅ doesn't this quest's drops negate meseta bots to some degree?

Doubt it, there will always be people lazy and stupid enough to buy meseta.

But this is kind of interesting, a quest that actually showers you with drops and someone thinks it should be "nerfed" i mean really.

I really don't see a reason to nerf the quest or the ways to get it in any way since inflation is already an issue and this is a good way to allow new players down the line to catch up if they have friends. Also NGS is coming soon so PSO2 is on its last legs in terms of content with little missing from the Global version to gain parity of the JP version of the game. Allow people to make meseta since it will benefit the numbers of players and prevent them from buying from the RMT Bots.