Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?

@Raydas all new stuff is 300m to 400m plus on jp, and old stuff that just revived in the past 2 scratches that just came out is about 100 to 150m. honestly just a few months ago most really old stuff like the raven hair from the gravity rush scratch which came out 5 years ago was only 150 to 200m and now it is 1b meseta, so you must also be cherry picking the revival prices on stuff

@Raydas said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

The inflation we have is no where near what japan has, our most expensive emote that I’ve seen was vocal performance 1, which last I saw was around 1 billion. Japan has emotes that are around 4-5billion like pr pose 5 for an example. We needed all those zero mesta cost campaigns, theirs plenty of people that wouldn’t have been able to get their affixing done without cause theirs less mesta in global, cause their hasn’t been anywhere near the same amount of time to make it.

I swear, people keep bringing up how the JP economy is supposedly fucked because of incredibly expensive LA but it's cherry picking the worst. Most LAs are 150m or less.

Vocal Performance 1 is expensive because it was obtainable only from a code from physical goods of which the codes can no longer be redeemed.

PR pose 5 is so expensive because it was only obtainable from a limited quantity and very expensive physical goods collab (and the emote is very horny).

Yes I’m well aware that not every emote is that price, it’s an example of the price difference at the very high end. I’m not saying japan economy is fucked either, simple just pointing out the difference between the two economies and how global hasn’t reached the same levels of inflation.

@Nic-The-Hero said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

@Theuberclips said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

You can't get S6 Skillful Adept or S6 Lucent Domain through Cradle

I'm a bit confused as to why you want these? one is useless outside mobbing, and s6 skillful adept is useful but by no means any reason to break your back over since s1 petalgleam, and s2 will of petalsea gives you a guaranteed 6% damage increase to all damage plus any crits you might do and is easier to get than any of the precision wills. Escalating expanse is a lot better of an s6 ability, or even shield of carnage for survivability

S6 Lucien’s domain is a very good S for certain classes and modes, like endless where you an be burning through mobs very fast and regening a lot of pp.

S6 Skillful Adept is needed to make certain builds work. On phantom I can run i petal build, with precise balance in the S4 slot, but I can’t reach 100% crit rate without that S aug, this build is extremely good for bosses, has you don’t need to swap weapons very often

@Nic-The-Hero said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

@Theuberclips said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

You can't get S6 Skillful Adept or S6 Lucent Domain through Cradle

I'm a bit confused as to why you want these? one is useless outside mobbing, and s6 skillful adept is useful but by no means any reason to break your back over since s1 petalgleam, and s2 will of petalsea gives you a guaranteed 6% damage increase to all damage plus any crits you might do and is easier to get than any of the precision wills. Escalating expanse is a lot better of an s6 ability, or even shield of carnage for survivability

As mentioned above, Summoner. I wanted to accomplish not only Eternal Loner, but push Summoner as far as I possibly could on Global in Rondo. This requires S6 Lucent Domain to possibly ever do. Every other class as far as I know opts for Escalating Expanse instead, but Summoner doesn't even get S4 as an option, so Expanse is worthless.

I have Skillful Adept, but plenty of others do not. And besides that, if you end up swapping weapons, Petalgleam loses a ton of efficiency on other classes. That, on top of enabling possible setups which reach 150% critical chance, enabling S4 Precise Balance for higher dps on single target in some cases with the Petalgleam setup as well.

It's for those of us that still desire to push content and get as good as we can that struggle with this. Hell I know someone who's still struggling to get S6 Fortified Melee right now lol

@Raydas said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

I swear, people keep bringing up how the JP economy is supposedly fucked because of incredibly expensive LA but it's cherry picking the worst. Most LAs are 150m or less.

Is it really? especially for the new NGS lobby actions. Current ship 2 prices

Oracle Renew Collection 4 currently in rotation:

• 711 Jump Pose 350m
  • 693 Fist Pose 330m
  • 692 Oden 88m

Oracle Renew Collection 3 just ended this last Wednesday:

• 713 2 Pose 420m
  • 714 2 Finger Pose 341m
  • 715 Air Quotes 400m
  • 716 Rock Sign 240m, 280m, 325m (3 cheapest with large differences)

@Theuberclips Ah you're right, I completely forgot about pairing skillful adept with precise balance, and it never crossed my mind how useful Lucent Domain would be in endless. I appreciate the enlightenment.

@YagyuChan said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

Klauz Units were never handed out on the JP servers.

Alright, I was told wrong on that one. Cheers. They're still harder to get on Global due to having had Divide Quest for less time to get the weekly modules, but it's good to know we're not that far behind. Back to the point though, S6 Skillful Adept is probably still the last upgrade Summoners will get.

@TEN-SQUARE-3

sigh I really dont know whats so hard here to understand.

There WONT be new items ! AFTER the NGS release SEGA focuses on releasing new and improved Outfits which support finger movements and the cutscenes in NGS. There wont be any new stuff for base PSO2 whats so hard to understand about this ? And there is also no reason for us to care about Outfits that are releaased now because in NGS you need to purchase them again anyway so why pay twice ?

And your anti Cradle points are all invalid:

• Pretty much every single content you run in groups favors Alliances. Big surprise that Party content favors Partys .
  • How blows it all the other Meseta farms out the window ? No one forces you into cradle its your choice.
  • Lv 85 Cap is easy to reach. Get some other people and farm Buster Quest or the good Recommended ones.

And now let me turn the table around. Imagine being a new player and the only form of earning money fast was removed completely while everything costs a few million Meseta. Thats what people have explained here for a while now.

I wont explain now in deail how accelerated content affects Economy. Seeing in how you guys cant even understand how bad the removal of Cradle would be right now that wouldnt get us anywhere anyway. I just let you believe what you want in that regard it wont change the facts.

"It wasn’t until the introduction of cradle..." I guess people cheated their hundreds of thousand Excubes then for the Grinder Farm.

"As you can see untill very recently the ways of making raw mesta have basically been the same" Cant be true given the fact people got faster and faster earning Meseta with each new Episode released. Or are you telling me the Meseta flow before Cradle was always on Episode 1 level ? You cant believe that yourself mate.

"theirs less mesta in global" So you complain about the amount of Meseta in the game while you know that there isnt actually that much in the game ? Remember when i ssaid this argument is a waste of time ? You just proved that.

"Doesn't matter if NGS is coming. You should leave the game in a good enough state that people will still play it" Given the fact our Economy is much better then JPs with the same content were good to go.

So yeah as i said arguing about this is useless and a waste of time. I also wont waste any more of my time with this because you just accepted the fact that our Economy isnt bad at all.

@Gilver-Redgrave said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

@TEN-SQUARE-3

sigh I really dont know whats so hard here to understand.

There WONT be new items ! AFTER the NGS release SEGA focuses on releasing new and improved Outfits which support finger movements and the cutscenes in NGS. There wont be any new stuff for base PSO2 whats so hard to understand about this ? And there is also no reason for us to care about Outfits that are releaased now because in NGS you need to purchase them again anyway so why pay twice ?

And your anti Cradle points are all invalid:

• Pretty much every single content you run in groups favors Alliances. Big surprise that Party content favors Partys .
  • How blows it all the other Meseta farms out the window ? No one forces you into cradle its your choice.
  • Lv 85 Cap is easy to reach. Get some other people and farm Buster Quest or the good Recommended ones.

And now let me turn the table around. Imagine being a new player and the only form of earning money fast was removed completely while everything costs a few million Meseta. Thats what people have explained here for a while now.

I wont explain now in deail how accelerated content affects Economy. Seeing in how you guys cant even understand how bad the removal of Cradle would be right now that wouldnt get us anywhere anyway. I just let you believe what you want in that regard it wont change the facts.

"It wasn’t until the introduction of cradle..." I guess people cheated their hundreds of thousand Excubes then for the Grinder Farm.

"As you can see untill very recently the ways of making raw mesta have basically been the same" Cant be true given the fact people got faster and faster earning Meseta with each new Episode released. Or are you telling me the Meseta flow before Cradle was always on Episode 1 level ? You cant believe that yourself mate.

"theirs less mesta in global" So you complain about the amount of Meseta in the game while you know that there isnt actually that much in the game ? Remember when i ssaid this argument is a waste of time ? You just proved that.

"Doesn't matter if NGS is coming. You should leave the game in a good enough state that people will still play it" Given the fact our Economy is much better then JPs with the same content were good to go.

So yeah as i said arguing about this is useless and a waste of time. I also wont waste any more of my time with this because you just accepted the fact that our Economy isnt bad at all.

Firstly that’s not what you originally said, you stated their isn’t any new items atm. Secondly while Japan is definitely getting permanent scratches, SEGA has not said anything about our server yet, so please stop saying this like it’s a fact cause until SEGA confirms it, it’s not.

With the amount we are missing their is definitely a chance we will continue to get new scratches even after ngs launches. Theirs also plenty that will fully work with ngs like hairstyles, accessories and emotes, not to mention only some outfits will be remade, and again not everyone will have gotten everything they want before ngs launches, plus all the new players that join will very likely want some of these items as ywell. So having a healthy stable economy even after ngs launches will benefit all these people.

Again the reason Cradle favours big alliance is cause you can only get triggers from the alliance shop, and you ideally need 12 people to do with the run with, and he fact it blows all other mesta making means out of the water. Before the introduction of the run, making could be made by groups, solo players, alliances far more equally. Yeah you are forced into doing cradle has many people have pointed out, if you want get mesta to buy anything you have no choice but to run it.

We managed just fine before the introduction of cradle and we would do just fine if it was removed, though just simply removing it at this point won’t fix the current inflation that’s occurred. No one does buster quests anymore, how easy do you think it will be to find people to run that once ngs drops?

I have no idea what you mean by people cheated their excubes. Yes you could make thousands of excubes but it took weeks to months depending on how much you played, and how much you used them. Now it literally takes hours.

We got episodes 1, 2, and 3 at the same time with the weeklies, daily’s, Yerkes, and extreme quests. With a few exceptions like solo pd which made it easier to get excubes and in turn made it easier to run more extreme quests or turn some of those cubes into grinders to sell, the rate at which mesta has been flowing into the game has been at a steady rate, which is why up until cradle we had a very steady rate of inflation. With the only exception being the elder triggers which also caused a brief inflation spike, as that was a new means of introducing raw mesta into the game. What you saw over time and with each new episode was the inflation from these continuing sources of mesta, and the overall amount of mesta in the game increasing.

The less mesta is in comparison to japan servers who have had nearly a decade to accumulate mesta. Also I’m not complaining about the amount of mesta in the game, but the rate of inflation that is currently happening due to cradle, which has increased dramatically and continues to increase, and the effect this will have in future, and just because inflation isn’t has bad has it is in Japan, doesn’t mean the current trend won’t potentially end up doing more harm than good.

Yes, I’m starting to feel this conversation is going nowhere to, I’ve repeated myself numerous times by this point, so I completely agree we should just leave it here.

Oof, had to dig to find this topic again. Cradle still lives! >:D

But how’s the game been holding up this month with Cradle unchecked? New scratch prices starting at 100mil and rising, even tho the scratches are permanent and ppl are running Cradle less. XD

The latest emotes doubling overnight in price, not sure if they’re being bought or just being relisted higher... Makes me worry about the fate of PSO2 after the autopilot kicks in.

When NGS releases, will prices plummet, or will overpriced stuff gather dust for all eternity?... o_o

For the recent scratches, I think it's a combination of "NGS Soon" and how large the scratches are. The Rewind scratches have around 500 items each, so it's hard to scratch something specifically, and I doubt many people are scratching the CAST scratches as that isn't where the meseta is.

With NGS Soon, less and less people are scratching most likely.

Prices won't plummet, because people most likely just won't be on PSO2, so the items will only go up as people hop over and buy what they want.

So PSO2 will be at the mercy of scalpers forever then? Seems like a pretty bad ending for the market to go out on. XD

@Pariah-Chan said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

But how’s the game been holding up this month with Cradle unchecked?

I believe the correct answer is "It hasn't." cough

When NGS releases, will prices plummet, or will overpriced stuff gather dust for all eternity?... o_o

Yes and no. Some things will get cheaper and others won't. Any costumes that have been rereleased on the new "rewind" scratches will come down in price eventually since the demand will drop as more players switch to NGS.

Anything that's compatible with NGS's new type bodies like weapon camos, hairstyles, emotes or accessories will likely continue to hold their value.

The only thing I know for sure is that it will be interesting to see what happens with PSO2's economy once NGS launches.

Will sellers get desperate and sell things at steep discounts?

Or will they keep trying to sell things at current prices?

We shall see.

@Xaelon said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

@Pariah-Chan said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

But how’s the game been holding up this month with Cradle unchecked?

I believe the correct answer is "It hasn't." cough

Yes and no. Some things will get cheaper and others won't. Any costumes that have been rereleased on the new "rewind" scratches will come down in price eventually since the demand will drop as more players switch to NGS.

Anything that's compatible with NGS's new type bodies like weapon camos, hairstyles, emotes or accessories will likely continue to hold their value.

The only thing I know for sure is that it will be interesting to see what happens with PSO2's economy once NGS launches.

Will sellers get desperate and sell things at steep discounts?

Or will they keep trying to sell things at current prices?

We shall see.

I could see it going one of two ways. If the marketplace between NGS and Base slots aren't shared I could see that people aren't really going to care about whether or not their item sells and can place it whatever inflated prices while they play NGS.

If the marketplace slots is between both games, I could see people placing them low enough for them to sell just so that they're able to get "something for it"

Camo and accessories are probably going to still sell for high. Depending on how hairstyle look on the new body type can end up dropping severely. However not so rare basewears and accessories could probably sells for super cheap or they might get rid of it entirely/use it

Ancient topic, I summon thee!

So it’s only one day until NGS maintenance. Prices of stuff have risen into the hundred millions, even billions. The forces of supply and demand wholeheartedly disregarded. If this sounds like the start of a apocalyptic scenario, well those are average shops nowadays. XD

Last minute shopping has been hell for most due to this, anyone pick up and last minute treasures to bring to NGS? 🙂